Flu Bug Making Its Way Through The Team

Alaska Darin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flu shot doesn't protect against ANY intestinal virus. Actually, there's no such thing as a stomach flu. Influenza has nothing to do with a virus that makes you puke.

There's a stomach virus going around the entire country. I know lots of people who have had it.

didnt the trainers, team doctors etc ever hear of flu shots?  I just wonder why professional athletes dont get them and flu bug ravages teams????

873472[/snapback]

Nobody, and I mean nobody, circles the toilet bowl like the Buffalo Bills with the Flu...

Its only Wednesday--hopefully a minor irritant rather than a full blown outbreak.

Willis pukes at the drop of a hat--hope he doesn't get it...Hey Keith Bulluck --- :lol::D:lol:

I got a flu shot, wash my hands more than Lady Macbeth, use that Purell stuff...didn't matter. I still got that bug a few days ago. I had a wicked case of the Trot Nixons.

If this is what they have, they have to stay hydrated and let the virus run its course.

The flu shot doesn't protect against ANY intestinal virus. Actually, there's no such thing as a stomach flu. Influenza has nothing to do with a virus that makes you puke.

There's a stomach virus going around the entire country. I know lots of people who have had it.

873603[/snapback]

ACTUALLY, many non-flu viruses are mistaken as influenza viruses. If you're infected with influenza, an orthomyxovirus, you are absolutely 100% guaranteed to be totally bed-ridden for at least one day. Full-out vomiting and diarrhea for one day at the minimum. What people often call "the flu" is usually actually a coronavirus or rhinovirus, which cause all sorts of respiratory problems (sneezing, coughing, congestion), and nausea and whatnot. They might make you feel like crap, but they won't incapacitate you like influenza will.

ACTUALLY, many non-flu viruses are mistaken as influenza viruses. If you're infected with influenza, an orthomyxovirus, you are absolutely 100% guaranteed to be totally bed-ridden for at least one day. Full-out vomiting and diarrhea for one day at the minimum. What people often call "the flu" is usually actually a coronavirus or rhinovirus, which cause all sorts of respiratory problems (sneezing, coughing, congestion), and nausea and whatnot. They might make you feel like crap, but they won't incapacitate you like influenza will.

873686[/snapback]

Thank you Cliffy Claven.

some folks, like myself, only get sick when they GET the flu shot. I've had a flu shot 3 times in my life, all 3 times I got sick as a dog. Yes, I know the virus is dead when they put it in you but there are many other goodies included in those shots that can f*ck a person up.

873480[/snapback]

Do you have an egg allergy? If you do then you probably shouldn't get the vaccine. Your problem also could be the thimerosal they put in as a preservative. There is a thimerosal free version that is typically available for children.

Do you have an egg allergy?  If you do then you probably shouldn't get the vaccine.  Your problem also could be the thimerosal they put in as a preservative.  There is a thimerosal free version that is typically available for children.

873702[/snapback]

that is because the vaccine virus are grown in chicken eggs.

873686[/snapback]

I've been stricken with the oxymoron virus several times myself and usually recover... usually.