Are the Bills Really in Danger???

i don't think they're in any immediate danger of moving. but if attendence continues to suck and no long term stadium deal is made i could see it happening in 10-15 years

and i doubt the nfl would give a rats arse if the bills moved to a bigger market. best Buffalo could hope for would be sympathies and empty promises of a team in Toronto

i don't think they're in any immediate danger of moving.  but if attendence continues to suck and no long term stadium deal is made i could see it happening in 10-15 years

and i doubt the nfl would give a rats arse if the bills moved to a bigger market.  best Buffalo could hope for would be sympathies and empty promises of a team in Toronto

868270[/snapback]

nah. It's more like once Ralph passes away, the team will be doomed unless we get someone to buy the team.

Hopefully this doesn't happen in like u said until 10-15 years from now.

I'm just wondering with all this talk of the bills moving does it really have any credability, is this team gonna be in LA a few years from now??? I fell like the league wont allow it bc the bills are a very old franchise. Idk i just wondered if any had facts about it.

868258[/snapback]

My family tells me Galisano is doing well with the Sabres. Perhaps he will step in and take over the Bills. Why the f not?

nah. It's more like once Ralph passes away, the team will be doomed unless we get someone to buy the team.

Hopefully this doesn't happen in like u said until 10-15 years from now.

868309[/snapback]

Do the realist math... That time frame (blue) is probably the absolute maximum...

What? Ralph is going to live well past 100? I don't see it.

Cold I know, but how old is the guy...

It is gonna happen (Ralph's passing) sooner than you think... And at his age, once his health slips... It will slip fast.

My family tells me Galisano is doing well with the Sabres. Perhaps he will step in and take over the Bills. Why the f not?

868348[/snapback]

It is not that simple. The profit margin from running the bills (especially keeping them competitive) after all the expenses tallies out to 5-10M in profit a year. These guys are used to getting much more profit from their other business.

On the other hand a team like Dallas or Washington or Atlanta can get back a profit margin of 30-50M dollars, something more in the ballpark of these business men.

There is no way to get that kind of profit margin from the Buffalo Bills. But the investment to get them has to be almost 50 to 70 times the profit margin (about 500M+). That is why there will not be buyers lining up to buy the bills and keep them in Buffalo.

A similar thing is happening with the Penguins in the NHL. A guy signed a initial agreement to buy them in October (he is from Canada). Once he was not guaranteed that the Penguins will get a new arena, he backed out of the agreement because the contract forced him to keep the team in Pittsburgh. If the team were to stay back in Pittsburgh (even with all that young takent in Crosby, Malkin and Feury) there is no way for the guy to make profit with that old beaten up stadium. And he has been the 3rd buyer to walk away from the Penguins in the last 6 months leaving Mario high and dry.....It is a big prestige to own one of the leading franchise, but lot of them just don't make any business sense.

There'll be a group ready to buy the bills when they're put on the market.  The team will stay here, even after Ralph decided to sell, or his estate sells.  I know this for a fact

868389[/snapback]

Man I love confidence like that! It's so reassuring. Hope your right :lol:

Ralph's ranting and raving about WNY being poor is just posturing for more taxpayer dollars...Hey Ralph, thank you for the Bills, I love them...but just like

any product or service, if yours is continually bad and I mean from Ownership / managament on down your business suffers. Be it automobiles (see GM & FORD's woes v. growing rivals TOYOTA & NISSAN) retailers (see KMART v WALMART & TARGET) DUNKIN DONUTS v STRARBUCKS & TIM HORTON the list goes on and on of businesses that once did well and then lost marketshare due to lackluster performances & products....why should the rule not be valid for your business the BUFFALO BILS ?? **NOTE**not blaming autoworkers for GM suffering..blaming management of their company.

Simply put, your product isnt very good and has not been where others (SABRES) are very good..or getting better one season and improving the next.

While I feel privledged to have an NFL franchise in my town I remind you

Mr. Wilson..it is not a license to step on my face while I kiss your feet..and a few wins in yet another hapless season does not fix six going on seven years of a product that is subpar....In many companies todays CEOs are ousted for such poor performance...good thing your the king.

Give me a great product..or one that is impoved for next yesr and I will renew my seasons tix...hell I will anyway but beware Ralph...the time where you can lipstick up your pig have tantrums when wny's call it a pig with lipstick & refuse to spend their money on it are gone.

Man I love confidence like that! It's so reassuring. Hope your right  :lol:

868395[/snapback]

it's not confidence, its knowledge... I've said it a few times in the past, but i can't provide concrete links or sources, but trust me... the bills aren't going anywhere.

It is not that simple.  The profit margin from running the bills (especially keeping them competitive) after all the expenses tallies out to 5-10M in profit a year. These guys are used to getting much more profit from their other business.

On the other hand a team like Dallas or Washington or Atlanta can get back a profit margin of 30-50M dollars, something more in the ballpark of these business men.

There is no way to get that kind of profit margin from the Buffalo Bills. But the investment to get them has to be almost 50 to 70 times the profit margin (about 500M+).  That is why there will not be buyers lining up to buy the bills and keep them in Buffalo.

A similar thing is happening with the Penguins in the NHL.  A guy signed a initial agreement to buy them in October (he is from Canada).  Once he was not guaranteed that the Penguins will get a  new arena, he backed out of the agreement because the contract forced him to keep the team in Pittsburgh. If the team were to stay back in Pittsburgh (even with all that young takent in Crosby, Malkin and Feury) there is no way for the guy to make profit with that old beaten up stadium. And he has been the 3rd buyer to walk away from the Penguins in the last 6 months leaving Mario high and dry.....It is a big prestige to own one of the leading franchise, but lot of them just don't make any business sense.

868384[/snapback]

I know what you're saying but comparing hockey ownership to the nfl is apples and orangutans. And yes these guys are businessmen and want to make money but nfl ownership is much much more an ego thing than a money-making thing. And the Bills will make way, way more than 5-10 million this year.

Ralph's ranting and raving about WNY being poor is just posturing for more  taxpayer dollars...Hey Ralph, thank you for the Bills, I love them...but just like

any product or service, if yours is continually bad and I mean from Ownership / managament on down your business suffers. Be it automobiles (see GM & FORD's woes v. growing rivals TOYOTA & NISSAN) retailers (see KMART v WALMART & TARGET)  DUNKIN DONUTS v STRARBUCKS & TIM HORTON the list goes on and on of businesses that once did well and then lost marketshare due to lackluster performances & products....why should the rule not be valid for your business the BUFFALO BILS ?? **NOTE**not blaming autoworkers for GM suffering..blaming management of their company.

Simply put, your product isnt very good and has not been where others (SABRES) are very good..or getting better one season and improving the next.

Mr. Wilson..it is not a license to step on my face while I kiss your feet..and a few wins in yet another hapless season does not fix six going on seven years of a product that is subpar....In many companies todays CEOs are ousted for such poor performance...good thing your the king.

Give me a great product..or one that is impoved for next yesr and I will renew my seasons tix...hell I will anyway but beware Ralph...the time where you can lipstick up your pig have tantrums when wny's call it a pig with lipstick & refuse to spend their money on it are gone.

868398[/snapback]

Oh come on now, this post is so over the top unfair it's laughable....After the free spending 90's Wilson hired the genius Donahoe to get us back in line with the cap then went on a spending and trading spree that kept us right below the cap and you are blaming Wilson for not spending enough.........He gave the guy total free reign to build the team and Donahoe failed......And futher more, another win sunday heading into the final 2 weeks, does not spell hapless season after all the changes that took place last year to try and right the ship.......Maybe you should reconsider your stance on the auto workers union that has driven the price of cars through the roof???Wilson is the CEO, but Donahoe was the COO, and he was ousted........Place the blame where it really lies and that is at the feet of Donahoe!

Oh come on now Eastbrady...your just mad cuz Ralph's daughter preffered to date Donahoe and autoworkers..not you.

As for Ralph..sorry..it starts at the top..I give him credit for taking the blame and getting rid of Donahoe...but it was his decision to hire him and stand by while the guy screwed your mom.

Ralph believes that owning an NFL franchise be it good or bad is a license to make money...and when the market disagrees with him...he cries and drops hints about moving the team...I dont feel bad for him.

1. The NFL could care less where a team moves. It is the OWNERS who care. If the Bills wanted to relocate to LA, Las Vegas or Las Cruces It would just create a headache to realign divisions (ala Cardinals move to Arizona). If the Bills wanted to move to Mohegan Sun in CT then the Giants, Jets and Patriots owners would not allow it....

There is a market for ALL professional sports teams. Groups of rich people will get together to buy a team and usually keep it in the city. But without public funding for a stadium, usually they shop their team around to cities to find the one that has the stadium money for them....enter cities like San Antonio (likely place for a franchise) since they did very well when the Saints were temporarily there. (Ultimately the Saints will move there). If you think Buffalo has economic woes...New Orleans has serious issues. It might be 20 years before that city thrives again.

There'll be a group ready to buy the bills when they're put on the market.  The team will stay here, even after Ralph decided to sell, or his estate sells.  I know this for a fact

868389[/snapback]

Then I have a pretty good idea who it is... :lol:

Corp, you really have made my day...

Ralph's ranting and raving about WNY being poor is just posturing for more  taxpayer dollars...Hey Ralph, thank you for the Bills, I love them...but just like

any product or service, if yours is continually bad and I mean from Ownership / managament on down your business suffers. Be it automobiles (see GM & FORD's woes v. growing rivals TOYOTA & NISSAN) retailers (see KMART v WALMART & TARGET)  DUNKIN DONUTS v STRARBUCKS & TIM HORTON the list goes on and on of businesses that once did well and then lost marketshare due to lackluster performances & products....why should the rule not be valid for your business the BUFFALO BILS ?? **NOTE**not blaming autoworkers for GM suffering..blaming management of their company.

868398[/snapback]

This is just an ugly rant that doesn't even address the issues being discussed here. It particularly doesn't address the issues that Ralph has raised about the revenue imbalance in the new CBA. Real issues that could threaten the Bills staying in Buffalo particulary since an ownership change could occur soon. Really it sounds like you're just not happy with the team's performance over the past several years. The rest of the post is just crap.

This is just an ugly rant that doesn't even address the issues being discussed here. It particularly doesn't address the issues that Ralph has raised about the revenue imbalance in the new CBA.  Real issues that could threaten the Bills staying in Buffalo particulary since an ownership change could occur soon.  Really it sounds like you're just not happy with the team's performance over the past several years.  The rest of the post is just crap.

868542[/snapback]

Hey..did you have Jim Rome's balls stuffed in your mouth along with his rod when you replied..real original.

I doubt you can follow finalcial analysis..buy low sell high is probably

advanced for you...its all about $$$$$'s bonehead...your so dumb you buy what the guy is telling you without question..

As for the real issues...its all posturing so WNY does not hate on Ralphie when he tries to move the team...there is more money available..TIX prices, naming rights, $'s from the county and the possibility of a new stadium..but for some reason Ralph turns them down or says they aren't enough so he prefers to just sit on his hands and do nothing????? Come on dummy...use your brains for once...read between the lines.

Hey..did you have Jim Rome's balls stuffed in your mouth along with his rod when you replied..real original.

I doubt you can follow  finalcial analysis..buy low sell high is probably

advanced for you...its all about $$$$$'s bonehead...your so dumb you buy what the guy is telling you without question..

As for the real issues...its all posturing so WNY does not hate on Ralphie when he tries to move the team...there is more money available..TIX prices, naming rights, $'s from the county and the possibility of a new stadium..but for some reason Ralph turns them down or says they aren't enough so he prefers to just sit on his hands and do nothing????? Come on dummy...use your brains for once...read between the lines.

868812[/snapback]

I love it when someone questions someone else's intelligence with a post like this one. Beautiful stuff.

Lets look at the facts;

Fact; Third straight home game not sold out including one against the hated Dolphins.

Fact; Seats at the Ralph are not that expensive. Lower end seats for 40 bucks or so?

Fact; The Bills will say sayonara to WNY and should since the locals take them for granted and simply dont deserve an NFL franchise.

Can you say Los Angeles or Anaheim Bills? Then again, like the Ravens & Titans, they'll probably choose a new team name.

Who then will you root for? Steelers? Browns? Lions?

I read somewhere that the NFL wants all teams in a new stadium within ten years. I give the Bills ten years before they move somewhere.

It wont be LA Goodell has already siad he doesn't want one in LA.

If not Toroanto then some warm weather climate that loves football. The south somewhere. Alabama ? Missisipi ? Where do you guess ?

I read somewhere that the NFL wants all teams in a new stadium within ten years. I give the Bills ten years before they move somewhere.

It wont be LA Goodell has already siad he doesn't want one in LA.

If not Toroanto then some warm weather climate that loves football. The south somewhere. Alabama ? Missisipi ? Where do you guess ?

868917[/snapback]

Well, you got "Alabama" right. Congrats.