Lamar Hunt Dead

BenchBledsoe

Just saw this news on the AP wire. . .

All former AFL teams, including the Bills, owe this man nearly everything. I'm sure Ralph will attend the funeral.

Hunt was only 74 years old. Makes you think about the prospect of football without a team in Buffalo, when Ralph passes. . .

That's sad news. Condolences to his family, friends, and the KC organization and fans.There was an article about him in yesterday's Buffalo News that pretty much implied he was near death - at least his suffering is over.

Hunt giving 'courageous fight' - Chiefs owner clings to life

Went over to the Chiefs' web site and found this great piece on how he got the whole thing started - good stuff on RW & the Bills too...

The Foolish Club

And also this great pic of the original "Foolish Club"...

Group Photo

A true sports pioneer, he will be missed.

RIP Lamar Hunt.

Just saw this news on the AP wire. . .

All former AFL teams, including the Bills, owe this man nearly everything. I'm sure Ralph will attend the funeral.

Hunt was only 74 years old. Makes you think about the prospect of football without a team in Buffalo, when Ralph passes. . .

866302[/snapback]

RIP Mr Hunt - a true visionary.

PS -

I often wondered why Hunt did not support Ralph more in Ralph's recent crusade for the small market teams. Could it be that Mr. Hunt was very ill and had no fight left?

What happens to the team now......Was he sole owner and if so, will this be an insight into the bills future??

866415[/snapback]

It appears as though the son will take over similar to what has happened with the Giants (Maras and Tisches)

RIP, Mr. Hunt. If you love the Bills, then you owe him a big thanks for the birth of the Bills. Thank you.

And, to be a little morbid, I wonder if we won't be thanking him again, for their re-birth post-Ralph.

If the transition to the next generation goes smoothly in KC, then the Bills have a model for how to handle things and prepare. Whether the Chiefs stay in the family or gets sold to another concern. I know that a close relative of LH is very involved in the day-to-day workings of the family's sports operations (well beyond the Chiefs). Got that I think from an ESPN web article that talked about his imminent death.

If things go badly, then Ralph and the Bills can go to school on the Chief's putt, as it were.

Ralph Wilson et al are too smart to go forward without thinking this through. Right?

kj

Lamar Hunt was the one of the greatest visionary in NFL history. After Ralph, I think he's the man we owe the most for the fun we have ever Sunday in the Fall.

I don't understand why his passing isn't the front page story on ever website. In fact, It's not ever the top story on the NFL section of most sites. They'll happily broadcast what T.O. had for lunch every week but when something important happens, they ignore it.

Lamar Hunt deserves to be honored. He desevres a lot more than the NFL media is giving him.