The All-Buffalo Team

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think chalkie was saying, instead of running a traditional tailback/ fullback setup, the offense would be more of a pro form offense where thurman would possibly motion out to the slot ala the aints' usage of reggie bush

867948[/snapback]

Right, another passing option. But hey, Cookie can come off the bench when we really want to run the ball.

QB - Gary Marangi, Matt Kofler, Dennis Shaw

HB - Jonathan Linton, Booker Moore, Terry Miller

FB - Carwell Gardner

WR - Russell Copeland, Byron Franklin, Perry Tuttle, Ed Rutkowski, Chris Burkett

TE - Ruben Gant, Lonnie Johnson, Tony Hunter

O-Line - John Fina, Dusty Ziegler, Marques Sullivan, Courey Louchiey, Robert Hicks, Mike Williams, Mike Pucillo

DE - Erik Flowers, Leon Seals, Walt Patulski, Oliver Barnett

NT/DT - Phil Dokes, Tim Anderson, Ron Edwards

LB - Tom Cousineau, Tom Ruud, Eddie Robinson,

CB - Mickey Washington, J.D. Williams, Rodney Bellinger, Chris Williams

S - Coy Wire, Matt Darby, Pierson Priouleau

P - Greg Cater

K - Tom Dempsey

co-head coaches - Gregg Williams/Hank Bullough

GM - Stew Barber

868027[/snapback]

Guaranteed 0-16 every year. :lol:

I like this but, Terry Miller at least ran for 1,000 yards once-I'd sub in Ronnie Harmon.  There is no way Jerry Crafts and Mo Eliwonibi aren't 1,000 times worse than Fina.

868043[/snapback]

I put in Terry M because a) he was a first round pick; b) his first barely-above-1000 yards was sorta promising (but not that promising: 62.5 yds/game = 1000 yds/season); and c) he completely flamed out after that one sorta promising year.

I put in Terry M because a) he was a first round pick; b) his first barely-above-1000 yards was sorta promising (but not that promising: 62.5 yds/game = 1000 yds/season); and c) he completely flamed out after that one sorta promising year.

868274[/snapback]

Harmon is a tough one. He was responsible for one of the five worst plays in Bills history, yet he went on to become one of the best 3rd down backs in league history.

Re Fina, I don't disagree, sort of. However, he was a first rounder, which factors into my equation.

O-Line - John Fina, Dusty Ziegler, Marques Sullivan, Courey Louchiey, Robert Hicks, Mike Williams, Mike Pucillo

868027[/snapback]

Bennie Anderson. John Fina was an average LT who was too small to play LT. But he was not a horrible LT.

Kris Farris?

868609[/snapback]

What's the deal with always harping on Kris Farris? Donohoe never brought him in here to start. Never paid him anything resembling real money. Never built him up. Never insisted he play or make the team. Farris was a no cost, no risk shot in the dark on a talented player and former #1 pick who never made it because of injuries. It hurt and cost the team in no real way whatsoever.

What's the deal with always harping on Kris Farris? Donohoe never brought him in here to start. Never paid him anything resembling real money. Never built him up. Never insisted he play or make the team. Farris was a no cost, no risk shot in the dark on a talented player and former #1 pick who never made it because of injuries. It hurt and cost the team in no real way whatsoever.

868613[/snapback]

Oh my friend....catch your breath. :thumbdown:

He was asking for a bad LT, no? I gave him one. No more, no less. :thumbsup:

Oh my friend....catch your breath.  :thumbdown:

He was asking for a bad LT, no? I gave him one. No more, no less.  :thumbsup:

868657[/snapback]

No, my friend, you constantly bring up the name as an example of TD and the Bills not having addressed the line or that it was this major mistake or that he was supposed to be the answer when none of that is remotely true.

Any list without Robert James at CB is just plan wrong and shows how little that person knows about football and the Bills.  James maybe the only CB in NFL season to go an entire season without having a TD thrown against him.  He maybe the best Buffalo Bill ever.  Short career but flat out amazing.  I still remember hearing the day he got hurt on the radio and how really sad that was.

FYI a little info from a HOF corner:

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/rele...?release_id=742

saleemc: Did you model yourself after any other player? Who?

Mike Haynes: Actually, I modeled myself after several guys. I studied film on Lem Barney, Mel Blount, Jimmy Johnson, and Robert James of the Buffalo Bills. James wasn't celebrated, but we had a lot of film on him in New England, and he had unbelievable bump and run technique and was in the right place. I tried to backpedal like Barney, knock guys around like Willie Brown, and recover like Mel Blount.

867310[/snapback]

VA Bills0)--Thank you much for the Haynes quote. No one was ever better than James at DB. There were probably a few equals --but none better. And its a shame that most people outside of buffalo have never heard of him.

QB - Gary Marangi, Matt Kofler, Dennis Shaw

HB - Jonathan Linton, Booker Moore, Terry Miller

FB - Carwell Gardner

WR - Russell Copeland, Byron Franklin, Perry Tuttle, Ed Rutkowski, Chris Burkett

TE - Ruben Gant, Lonnie Johnson, Tony Hunter

DE - Erik Flowers, Leon Seals, Walt Patulski, Oliver Barnett

NT/DT - Phil Dokes, Tim Anderson, Ron Edwards

LB - Tom Cousineau, Tom Ruud, Eddie Robinson,

CB - Mickey Washington, J.D. Williams, Rodney Bellinger, Chris Williams

S - Coy Wire, Matt Darby, Pierson Priouleau

P - Greg Cater

K - Tom Dempsey

co-head coaches - Gregg Williams/Hank Bullough

GM - Stew Barber

868027[/snapback]

LOL--that is some very funny stuff. But your Qbs are a bit off. Remember Tom rocket arm Flores??--who had to wind up to throw a 10 yard pass???--And Ruben Gant was a very good TE. John Fina was OK.--And Chris Burkett was OK as well.

QB - Jason Peters

RB - Jason Peters

FB - Jason Peters

WR - Jason Peters

TE - Jason Peters

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Jason Peters

C - Jason Peters

RG - Jason Peters

RT - Jason Peters

DE - Jason Peters

DT - Jason Peters

LB - Jason Peters

CB - Jason Peters

S - Jason Peters

ST - Jason Peters

K - Jason Peters

P - Brian Mooreman

867302[/snapback]

Are you saying Jason Peters can't punt? Blasphemy!

No, my friend, you constantly bring up the name as an example of TD and the Bills not having addressed the line or that it was this major mistake or that he was supposed to be the answer when none of that is remotely true.

868668[/snapback]

TD DID attempt to address the OL. Overall, it was a poor attempt, if not a dismal failure.

I cited Farris as just another example of a bad player. You are correct in that his signing was nothing but the Bills taking a chance on a player who had potential before he was hurt.

It was probably a good move in that sense. Nothing to lose, you know?