Return Of The Meathead

Rico

Somehow that meathead has managed to take one of the very worst OLines in the entire NFL, a crappy WR corps and 2 bad quarterbacks and come up with an offense that is in the top half of the AFC.

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :w00t:

864011[/snapback]

I can't believe there are still people criticizing Steve Fairchild. Dude, wake up! The Bills' offense has been a lot more effective lately than it was earlier in the year. The players are learning the system. There's a strong commitment to the running game. The playcalling has created a dangerous passing game, prone to taking shots deep down the field. Losman's been playing the best football of his career. (Not that he's had a long or illustrious career, but still.)

No name players are being plugged into positions, and are having success. The Bills scored an average of 26 points in their last four games, and won three of those games in the process. Why on earth you have a problem with the architect of the Bills' young and improving offense is completely beyond me.

Whether MM was treated fairly is an open question. The only mistake Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson made in regards to him was putting him in a situation where he would be almost crazy to stay

I don't have any animosity toward Marv for that whole mess but both Ralph and Billsnation acted like complete jackasses creating a poisonous atmosphere that no player or coach would be eager to bring their families into. When the fans and the owner are acting like that and good people are getting sent packing after one bad year, it's no wonder that this franchise has struggled so often for so long.

I wish every fall that Ralph would sell this team to an owner with the strength to find the right people and stick with them through rough weather. Until that happens this franchise will never be a consistently strong one.

I can't believe there are still people criticizing Steve Fairchild. Dude, wake up!

865062[/snapback]

You wake up. It took about 10 freaking weeks for that tool to realize he didn't have the OLine to keep calling deep drops for Losman; and even then he only knocked it off because his 70 year old GM had to drag him into the broom closet and beat his fool ass.

The Bills scored an average of 26 points in their last four games,

Yeah, and their offense has averaged 22 a game. And of those 10 touchdowns they've scored this month, almost half of them have come on drives where they've gotten the ball inside or near the opponents 20.

Oooohhhhhh, 6 whole touchdown drives of over 25 yrds in just 1 month from an offensive clownshow that's needed a tent for the majority of the season! I must be some kind of an idiot to not be busting out the tickertape now that we're on such a huge roll. :w00t:

Because what matters is the ranking of the team's total offensive yardage and nothing else apparently.

No, we're in the bottom 1/3rd in points also. Not to mention near the bottom in TOP and dead last in the NFL in 1st downs.

How could anybody criticize that?

And if we are going to complain about how this or that coach was treated by the fans and Wilson, I think we should worry about Wade Phillips before MM and GW.

865058[/snapback]

I do.

And Bill Polian and John Butler and AJ Smith too.

Yeah, and their offense has averaged 22 a game. And of those 10 touchdowns they've scored this month, almost half of them have come on drives where they've gotten the ball inside or near the opponents 20.

Oooohhhhhh, 6 whole touchdown drives of over 25 yrds in just 1 month from an offensive clownshow that's needed a tent for the majority of the season! I must be some kind of an idiot to not be busting out the tickertape now that we're on such a huge roll.  :w00t:

I think that is explained by the style Dick Jauron wants to bring to his football team. His defensive style surrenders yards on the ground but relies on turnovers to keep that in check. The cover 2 is supposed to get alot of turnovers. We've got Schobel to pressure the quarterback, we spent two first day picks on safeties to try to create turnovers. So far this year, we've been getting them.

Given that the defense is going to get its share of turnovers, the most important function of the offense is to take advantage of the short fields. When we get into the redzone, its gotta be 6 points. Over the last 4 weeks, the offense has been very successful at performing this function, and the team has looked good. That, along with the awesome Losman-Evans connections, is what has me feeling good about our offense.

That, along with the awesome Losman-Evans connections, is what has me feeling good about our offense.

What worries me and why I'm down on them is that I'm afraid that Fairchild is yet another one of those damned coaches who only coaches his system, and will influence personell decisions until he's fired for not being able to diversify, and we have to start from scratch yet again because we're loaded with average players that we overvalued because they fit "that system".

It's a vicious cycle that drives a man nuts and we've been seeing signs of it starting all over again since the new admin and staff came in. :w00t:

I don't have any animosity toward Marv for that whole mess but both Ralph and Billsnation acted like complete jackasses creating a poisonous atmosphere that no player or coach would be eager to bring their families into. When the fans and the owner are acting like that and good people are getting sent packing after one bad year, it's no wonder that this franchise has struggled so often for so long.

I wish every fall that Ralph would sell this team to an owner with the strength to find the right people and stick with them through rough weather. Until that happens this franchise will never be a consistently strong one.

865064[/snapback]

Ralph spent 5 years riding the rough seas with that ass Tom Donahoe, How much longer was he supposed to ride it out with the guy, 5 more??

It was Tom Donahoe that created all of those problems, it was Tom Donahoe that had total free reign to call the shots and it was Tom Donahoe that sent Drew packing after the one O.K. season that he actually had.......

Of course you will tell me how great these guys are. They were such good people, but actually you have nothing to base that on, other than the words spoken about them in the media by some other

great guy working in the league..........Since when does anybody in the NFL actually come out and say, hey that guy is a total ass, I worked from him in bla bla bla and he was a total ass......

Everyone in the league, is always washing each other's ass ..

Tom Donahoe the great, has yet to be mentioned for any postion in the 30 other NFL cities......

Gee I wonder why, with that stellar reputation and all, one would think he'd be a hot prospect for something other than, Sirius NFL Network, Hey Pat Kirwin look out, Tom the great Donahoe is lookin for work........... Or wil it be ESPN Draft Coverage, didn't they have Jerry the great Glanville workin there for awhile.........

Spare me the Great People got fired for no reason lecture....it is tiresome.

Oh by the way, Marv didn't seem to have any trouble getting good people to return his calls about a coaching vacancy........

I think SF calls a nice mix of runs and passes. I don't find him to be as predictable as some of our previous coordinators. It's true that he took a long time to realize and adjust to a shorter QB drop game, and that bothered me. He has also done a pretty good job in adjustments during some of the games, and seems to be willing to cater a gameplan to the team he is facing, not force his "identity" on the plays that are called.

re: MM I liked him when he was here, especially year one. In year two it seemed that he hadn't learned from some of his mistakes made the first time around and his team management skills also showed to be lacking. I liked his poise, and sometimes enjoyed his coachspeak teases of the media especially. I think he abandoned the running game to quickly as a tendency.

Jury is still out but as it stands I think DJ is a better coach. He controls and manages the team as a whole much better. He also is commited to running the football. I like too that he seems to tell it like it is to the fans and media.

You wake up. It took about 10 freaking weeks for that tool to realize he didn't have the OLine to keep calling deep drops for Losman; and even then he only knocked it off because his 70 year old GM had to drag him into the broom closet and beat his fool ass.

Oooohhhhhh, 6 whole touchdown drives of over 25 yrds in just 1 month from an offensive clownshow that's needed a tent for the majority of the season! I must be some kind of an idiot to not be busting out the tickertape now that we're on such a huge roll.  :w00t:

No, we're in the bottom 1/3rd in points also. Not to mention near the bottom in TOP and dead last in the NFL in 1st downs.

How could anybody criticize that?

865074[/snapback]

I'd point out that the Bills' offense isn't the only one that sometimes gets good field position from its defense or special teams. Well, you might reply, perhaps the Bills' offense is getting more than the usual share of help from defense or special teams. Hey, maybe you're right. But I'd point out that the Bills' offense has returned the favor by keeping turnovers low.

As for those deep drops for Losman, I'll agree that with the offensive line situation we had earlier in the season, a deep drop is a low percentage proposition. Let's say that for every four deep drops, you'd get two sacks, an incompletion, and a 40 yard gain. Is it worth it? Arguably so, for two reasons. One is that the 40 yard gain will probably turn into points. Without an offensive line, it's really tough to drive the ball the length of the field in short chunks. If you get the occassional 40 yard gain, you'll at least be able to put something up on the board.

In addition to that, your offense becomes more one-dimensional if you never go for the deep throw. Teams playing Flutie realized they didn't have to respect the deep play, and were able to crowd defenders up front to take away the running game and the short passing attack.

Somehow that meathead has managed to take one of the very worst OLines in the entire NFL, a crappy WR corps and 2 bad quarterbacks and come up with an offense that is in the top half of the AFC.

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :w00t:

864011[/snapback]

lets see...

Bills under Jauron...4-2 after a bye week and a 2-5 start, showing the coaching staff can make necessary adjustments to inmprove the team and the offensive line, for a 6-7 record. Smartly, Jauron sticks with Losman, instead of going john kerry on our QB position like meathead did.

Bills under mularkey...after a 2-5 start, the only bye week change the bills make is to start nall/holcomb in place of losman, get blown out by indy and SD, lose to GB, and kneel on the ball instead of going for the win against jax. we probably lose in OT. Buffalo is now 3-9 under meathead, going nowhere for the 7th straight season.

Mularkey had that kind of the "i have no clue whats going on or what i should do" look on the sidelines that i couldnt stand.

Also, puhonix watches every fin game down here. I make fun of mularkey all the time for being an idiot. And every week, i get the same response from puhonix. "All this makes me wonder how much BETTER the dolphins offense could be withou bozo the clown up in the booth calling wr-reverse flea flickers, and HB passes on 2 point conversions to tie the game."

Ever notice how you're the only one who thinks mularkey isnt a complete dumbass? I guess everyone else is wrong.

Ralph spent 5 years riding the rough seas with that ass Tom Donahoe, How much longer was he supposed to ride it out with the guy, 5 more??

It was Tom Donahoe that created all of those problems, it was Tom Donahoe that had total free reign to call the shots and it was Tom Donahoe that sent Drew packing after the one O.K. season that he actually had.......

Of course you will tell me how great these guys are.  They were such good people, but actually you have nothing to base that on, other than the words spoken about them in the media by some other

great guy working in the league..........Since when does anybody in the NFL actually come out and say, hey that  guy is a total ass, I worked from him in bla bla bla and he was a total ass......

Everyone in the league, is always washing each other's ass ..

Tom Donahoe the great, has yet to be mentioned for any postion in the 30 other NFL cities......

Gee I wonder why, with that stellar reputation and all, one would think he'd be a hot prospect for something other than, Sirius NFL Network, Hey Pat Kirwin look out, Tom the great Donahoe is lookin for work........... Or wil it be ESPN Draft Coverage, didn't they have Jerry the great Glanville workin there for awhile.........

Spare me the Great People got fired for no reason lecture....it is tiresome.

Oh by the way, Marv didn't seem to have any trouble getting good people to return his calls about a coaching vacancy........

865084[/snapback]

:w00t: I agree. I can't handle people that blame Ralph and call him cheap. He is not perfect but give me a break.

This crap about Bills fans being mean to Mularkey and his family is a joke. Buffalo is one of the most benign places for a celebrity to live in.

And what about TD calling out fans about the treatment to Gregg and Meathead? Ralph treats the fans like paying customers, something TD never did.

Mularky's biggest downfall was the fact that he doesn't know how to handle a developing quarterback. Last year he just threw Losman to the wolves rather than easing him into it, he had Losman throw the ball like any other veteran in the league, and he expected great things from the team right away. Then he goes with Holcomb after only 4 games?

Jauron had the right idea, he ran the ball like crazy until Losman was READY, he eased Losman into the game, just a little bit here and a little bit there. Once he gets more experience and he feels more comfortable with the offense, then he starts to let him do more and more.

I think if Mularky has a good veteran quarterback then he could be a good head coach, but he just couldn't handle the task of trying to develop a young quarterback.

Thank god, for the team's sake and Losman's sake, that Mularky left. I think if he were still here we would have seen Holcomb in action during the regular season at some point. Of course that can't be proven, it's just an assumption.

Simon has a man-crush on everything Schittsburgh. He's just like every other redneck in this damn state, starry-eyed by the almighty Bill Cowher, and by extension Tommy D, Mikey M and all who happen to be associated to said jack-asses.

865689[/snapback]

Post of the year??? :w00t:

I think SF calls a nice mix of runs and passes. I don't find him to be as predictable as some of our previous coordinators. It's true that he took a long time to realize and adjust to a shorter QB drop game, and that bothered me. He has also done a pretty good job in adjustments during some of the games, and seems to be willing to cater a gameplan to the team he is facing, not force his "identity" on the plays that are called.

re: MM I liked him when he was here, especially year one. In year two it seemed that he hadn't learned from some of his mistakes made the first time around and his team management skills also showed to be lacking. I liked his poise, and sometimes enjoyed his coachspeak teases of the media especially. I think he abandoned the running game to quickly as a tendency.

Jury is still out but as it stands I think DJ is a better coach. He controls and manages the team as a whole much better. He also is commited to running the football. I like too that he seems to tell it like it is to the fans and media.

865086[/snapback]

Thanks for the smart, logical post that I have come to expect from you.

I find it hard to judge Fairchild so soon, but I give him a TON of credit for making JP stay in the pocket. He already knew how to run for his life coming from Tulane.

Jauron is a more experienced coach than MM. That said, he lucked out with Jason Peters. MM got unlucky with Fat Mike. He was playing "smashmouth" football with no blocking :P:w00t: , a rookie qb, and stuck with a handful of whining, washed up, under-productive malcontents. When DJ stepped in, these guys were gone.

What I dislike about Jauron is the fact that he seemed to collaborate with Marv and go after all of those dbs. People can gush about the draft as they choose, but we are weak up the middle on both sides, and in need of LBs.

I guess I will jump aboard the DJ bandwagon if they can resist using our best resources on another shipload of defensive backs. This is a stupid, ass-backwards way to build a football team under any and all conditions, and certainly not because I say so.

You read what AJ Smith posted right here on the wall, right? It is tough to dispute, wouldn't you say? :)