Return Of The Meathead

Rico

I sure hope the Meathead gets the welcome back that he deserves this Sunday...

too bad there will not be any snowballs to bounce off his fat head.  :doh:

863971[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he does his "coordinating" from the press box, or wherever the off-field coaches sit. I remember a shot of him sitting up there during Week 2. Too bad, I'm sure he'd receive a loving reception. :beer:

I'm pretty sure he does his "coordinating" from the press box, or wherever the off-field coaches sit.  I remember a shot of him sitting up there during Week 2.  Too bad, I'm sure he'd receive a loving reception.  :beer:

864001[/snapback]

He's still gotta get to and from the stadium. :doh:

Somehow that meathead has managed to take one of the very worst OLines in the entire NFL, a crappy WR corps and 2 bad quarterbacks and come up with an offense that is in the top half of the AFC.

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies. :beer:

Somehow that meathead has managed to take one of the very worst OLines in the entire NFL, a crappy WR corps and 2 bad quarterbacks and come up with an offense that is in the top half of the AFC.

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :beer:

864011[/snapback]

You're right. I wish he never left.

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :beer:

864011[/snapback]

don't forget his masterful handling of Dante Culpepper.

Another fine job of managing his team's QB situation. :doh:

864011[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I will be far away from the Ralph watching the game from a sports bar.

But I will raise my glass to any drunken Bills fans who might pull a Booth Lusteg on him. :doh:

864011[/snapback]

Yeah, the dolphins 12-1 record is real impressive under Mularkey :doh:

While I hate pointing out the obvious, Mularkey kinda underperformed as the HC here. Hence the spirit of this thread.

Are you saying Mularkey should have been demoted to our OC? ;)

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :doh:

864011[/snapback]

Incidentally, you know what would've been really cool? If he had worked that incredible Mularkey magic while he was here in Buffalo, instead of overseeing offenses that finished 25th and 28th overall. :beer:

Good thing we have SFairchild leading us to the NFL's 30th ranked offense. Maybe you ought to reconsider which sideline you'll be throwing crap at from a safe distance while you hide behind your buddies.  :doh:

864011[/snapback]

Come on now, so you miss Meathead? :beer:

Pittsburgh won a Super bowl without him and with essentially a rookie at QB. Buffalo's offense has improved without him, despite the 30th ranking. Maybe Miami's talent is better than you think?

I sure don't want to see anyone throw things at Meatmeat. I just want to win on the scoreboard.

cheers!

864011[/snapback]

'Fins have won 5 of their last 6. That's pretty good.

You're right.  I wish he never left.

864020[/snapback]

Yeah, because that's what I said. :w00t:

While I hate pointing out the obvious, Mularkey kinda underperformed as the HC here. Hence the spirit of this thread.

Yeah, going 9-7 as a rookie coach in the toughest division in the NFL is definitely underperforming. Most rookie coaches do waaaayyyyy better. :P

don't forget his masterful handling of Dante Culpepper.

Another fine job of managing his team's QB situation.

Classic. I didn't realize he'd taken on duties as teh phish head coach, GM and team doctor too.

I'll be searching out his family in hopes of ridiculing them

Cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing his wife kick your ass on youtube.

Basically he's a nice guy who had an outstanding rookie season, then had one tough season in an untenable position. And you whiny, loud-mouth, know-nothing little pinheads freaked out like a bunch of 11 year old girls and started ragging him and harassing his family. You all must be very proud of the kind of "men" you turned out to be.

Personally I hope Saban fires him and Mularkey ends up somewhere I can hope he has some success because the league could use more good guys who aren't afraid to be a little bit innovative at times.

Yeah, because that's what I said.  :w00t:

Yeah, going 9-7 as a rookie coach in the toughest division in the NFL is definitely underperforming. Most rookie coaches do waaaayyyyy better.  :P

Classic. I didn't realize he'd taken on duties as teh phish head coach, GM and team doctor too. 

Cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing his wife kick your ass on youtube.

Basically he's a nice guy who had an outstanding rookie season, then had one tough season in an untenable position. And you whiny, loud-mouth, know-nothing little pinheads freaked out like a bunch of 11 year old girls and started ragging him and harassing his family. You all must be very proud of the kind of "men" you turned out to be.

Personally I hope Saban fires him and Mularkey ends up somewhere I can hope he has some success because the league could use more good guys who aren't afraid to be a little bit innovative at times.

864996[/snapback]

Mrs. Mularkey?

Yeah because standing by a good man is wrong.........

865004[/snapback]

How do you know he is a good man? Do you know him personally? Have you spent more time with him than a handshake or a quick chat at Training camp?

Truth is, we don't know anything about these people really.

But there is one thing I do know -- that the players who DO know him, the ones who were on the team last year and the reporters who covered that team said the team was divided. That the situation was close to "unbearable" largely because of Mularkey's failure to be a leader.

Coaches and players fighting. Split locker room. Then bailing on your team after giving your word you were going to stick with them? These don't paint a pretty picture for Mularkey as a leader, as a man of his word, or as a man.

But I guess the adjective "good" is very subjective these days.

does anyone else think the same manatees that write family guy also design MM's plays for him?

I don't care if MM taught sunday school on weekends while clothing the homeless and curing the lepers, saving puppies from burning buildings and finding cures for world diseases, it still doesn't mean I want him or his coaching ideas with the bills anymore. He failed in his first attempt as a head coach and is failing as an OC in Miami (Saban has already said he does not like some of the playcalling on offence)

How do you know he is a good man?

865020[/snapback]

Besides the fact that nobody of any merit has ever spoken ill of him and many fine people have spoken highly of him, how about the simple fact that he doesn't act like a dickhead?

the ones who were on the team last year and the reporters who covered that team said the team was divided.

There's not a man on this planet who could have done anything with that team last year. Between losing PhatPat and Spikes, then seeing your OLine decimated when you're installing a rookie QB, then playing 11 games against .500 or better teams, it's a miracle they managed to win 5 last year. But then two frustrated aging veterans and MortonSullivanJr freak out and you pussies lap it up like 2%. Vince Parcells couldn't have gone .500 with that team.

bailing on your team after giving your word you were going to stick with them?

Are you seriously suggesting he should have come back after his Ralphhole boss hung him out to dry in the press? Shortly after he had cut him off at the pockets when Mularkey deservedly suspended a player who could have even been cut? Who happened to be a guy that quit on his team in the middle of a divisional game because he wasn't getting the ball?!

You're on that dope ain't ya.........

Whether MM was treated fairly is an open question--because in the end, he should have just been fired. The only mistake Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson made in regards to him was putting him in a situation where he would be almost crazy to stay, instead of just firing him.

MM was linked with TD. Donahoe's time had run out and the Bills needed to start fresh. Donahoe had five years to create a playoff team, but went through 3 and a half OCs and had just one winning season. Whether MM was part of the problem or just collateral damage is open to debate, I feel.