Losman can play in this league...

The_Real

I guess the truth about being an NFL quarterback is having the confidence to make plays and take chances. I have to admit that my faith in J.P was tested earlier this season but as things have progressed I've become more comfortable. He's still going to make mistakes and at points I'm going to be let down I'm sure. However, the kid has the ability and the smarts to make it. He may never be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady but he brings so many different aspects to the game that neither of them do.

Arm strength... Uh yeah, check. The pump fake by J.P and the move by Evans was pretty to watch. Plus, his ability to throw on the run with accuracy is just fantastic. I know the coaching staff has to be given alot of credit for putting him in situations to make plays but he is delivering when it counts.

I've been way down on this kid in the past. I'm trying very hard to not get over excited but we are becoming a better football team and J.P Losman has alot to do with that. This year is getting better and better every time the team takes a step in the right direction.

I wrote this year off before it started and I'm starting to feel like I did in the late 80's. We didn't quite have it all figured out but you could see flashes of something developing.

It's not all roses but I'm drinking the kool aid tonight. Go Bills and go J.P.

The Real

ps I looked for a thread about J.P before posting but found none. Hence, this.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great post. I am a JP supporter but I don't know any more than you do. But I am glad posters and fans see this and think this. He still could suck. It's a very real possibility. But the only thing that pisses me off is posters that say it's impossible that he will ever be good. I see a lot of important progressions in his game. He may never be great, he may tease us with his physical abilities but never be able to put it together. But, to me, he sure looks like he has all the tools, and is improving, and "getting it".

I called into WGR and made a similar point about JP and then something about Peters. My first point about JP was that he finally looks like he is an NFl qb. I said we still don't know how good he will be, but he at least looks like an NFL qb. I wish I had some film of last years games and this years to compare the two. I don't think there's a person out there that could honestly say JP hasn't improved DRAMATICALLY since last year. I'm not saying he's going to be a perrenial pro bowler, but I think all the talk about who our starting qb will be for the next few years is over..

I was getting very frustrated with JP earlier in the season too, but I think we need to give Jauron a lot of credit for devising a plan for JPs growth and then actually following through with it.

I'm thankful that the bills have provided a stark contrast to the way things transpired last season.

I was getting very frustrated with JP earlier in the season too, but I think we need to give Jauron a lot of credit for devising a plan for JPs growth and then actually following through with it.

I'm thankful that the bills have provided a stark contrast to the way things transpired last season.

862688[/snapback]

BENCH HIM NOW! I want to see Craig Nall.

Nice post. I don't know how anyone could review the past six weeks and not find a multitude of reasons for optimism about the Bills in general, and JP in particular, heading towards the end of this year and into 2007. They have compiled a 4-2 record with losses by a total of FOUR points to conference leaders Indy and SD. The Chargers, by the way, are the best team in football with the best player in football, and the Bills made them sweat it out. An 8-7 record heading into Baltimore on New Year's Eve is not at all out of the question, and who knows what the playoff implications of that game might be?

And now, on to MIAMI WEEK. SQUISH THE F***ING FISH!!!

BENCH HIM NOW! I want to see Craig Nall.

862696[/snapback]

In fairness to those who were getting frustraed with him (including myself), things changed when Jauron admitted that he was purposely keeping JP in the pocket. That went a long way toward explaining things, cause it was starting to seem like his playmaking ability had gone south inexplicably. Either that or defenses had learned how to keep him under control, much like how flutie began to lose effectiveness after early success.

All in all, Jauron had a plan and he stuck with it. And we are all the beneficiaries of that....so rock on, JP!

I called into WGR and made a similar point about JP and then something about Peters. My first point about JP was that he finally looks like he is an NFl qb. I said we still don't know how good he will be, but he at least looks like an NFL qb. I wish I had some film of last years games and this years to compare the two. I don't think there's a person out there that could honestly say JP hasn't improved DRAMATICALLY since last year. I'm not saying he's going to be a perrenial pro bowler, but I think all the talk about who our starting qb will be for the next few years is over..

862461[/snapback]

I don't think you need to look at last year. Pre-bye week is a pretty good comparison.

He was regressing after the fairly strong game management of the first 3 games of the year. Then he hit the snide.... and I don't know if it was the line shift that precipitated such a change or if Fairchild's loosening of the bridles and using the 3-step drop did the wonders, but something seemed to click for him after that bye week.

I think a lot of credit must go to Marv who understands the game and his choice of Dick Jauron. The two of them knew that the sledding would be tough but put forward a game plan with the future in mind. Many of the postors on this board have memories that began in 1988. I think many of them believed that winning was easy and building a dynasty their birthright. If many of them could overcome their loathing of Kraft/Scioli/Belichik and welcome emulation we will return to dominance.

JP has won 6 games so far on a team that doesn't really have great talent (although Lee Evans is a stud). That says alot about JP. He is doing better than i thought he would and I'm happy about that.

On the negative, he still throws high/low a few too many times to open receivers. And for the life of me i can't figure out why he doesn't run more when he gets in a jam? I know he was told to stay in the pocket but now he should be confident enough to take off when nothing's open, instead of backpedaling or going sideways.

JP has won 6 games so far on a team that doesn't really have great talent (although Lee Evans is a stud).  That says alot about JP.  He is doing better than i thought he would and I'm happy about that.

On the negative, he still throws high/low a few too many times to open receivers. And for the life of me i can't figure out why he doesn't run more when he gets in a jam?  I know he was told to stay in the pocket but now he should be confident enough to take off when nothing's open, instead of backpedaling or going sideways.

862863[/snapback]

Yes I'm happy and the points are pretty much dead on.... Evans dropped a pass the first drive and the Peerless Price catch should have been reviewed (though you can bet they would have used the possession crap and not overturned it). Don't you love when a play is not overturned they love to use the possession card. Peerless got his feet in.

However again we seem to love to get carried away with JP when he threw all of 15 times. Again only one other QB had under 20 passes (Gerrard for Jax, who rusch for over 350 yards). I want more passes to prove he is a QB.

I want more passes to prove he is a QB.

862872[/snapback]

You will never give it up, will you? I want more turnovers to prove he isn't!

Unbelievable, HUGE freakin ROAD WIN, HUGE.....Boy, that Romo fella looked great last night throwing the ball, all freakin night......

Nobody is getting carried away, when the proof is right there, for anybody who cares to OPEN THEIR EYES.... :(

If there is any doubt that the Bills are a team on the RISE, than I feel sorry for those people......

Can you pass some to Holcomb's arm?

862407[/snapback]

And some to Deluca...

You got to be patient with a young QB. He needs to build confidence. The problem with the Bills was that while Losman was learning on the job, the other aspects of the team like the running game/defense did not take the game into their hands. The losses mounted and criticism on losman mounted. The good part is Losman has not fallen apart due to the criticisms, but has actually used them to improve his game.