A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills...

Bill from NYC

Bill, do you still think Gandy is that terrible? To me, he's looked decent at LG, and him and Peters have been playing well together. I would not mind at all if they re-sign Gandy and keep him at LG. IF him and Peters are developing a chemistry, theres no reason to break that apart.

Now, we need to focus on building a solid right side of the line. IMO, the top "need" spot on the O-line is RG. Preston has been holing his own, but an upgrade wouldnt hurt. I suppose if we sign steinbach, we could shift gandy to RG.

862628[/snapback]

If we're gonna move Gandy to the right side, there's no point in keeping him IMO. I feel like we can find someone better through the draft to play that spot. But if you're going to bring him back to play on the left side for the reason that he's developing chemistry with Peters, that makes sense.

Also, Keith Ellison really impressed me today. In all honesty if Fletch comes back I think we can chill with the LB draft talk.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Miller is a great kick returner. It will be a battle between McGee and him for the Pro Bowl nod.

862243[/snapback]

Don't forget a guy by the name of Cribbs in Cleveland - he's pretty good too. Also, Houston's Jerome Mathis has been hurt most of this season, but he actually pipped McGee for the Pro Bowl nod last year.... its just a reminder of how very hard making the Pro Bowl really is.

JDG

Bill, do you still think Gandy is that terrible? To me, he's looked decent at LG, and him and Peters have been playing well together. I would not mind at all if they re-sign Gandy and keep him at LG. IF him and Peters are developing a chemistry, theres no reason to break that apart.

Now, we need to focus on building a solid right side of the line. IMO, the top "need" spot on the O-line is RG. Preston has been holing his own, but an upgrade wouldnt hurt. I suppose if we sign steinbach, we could shift gandy to RG.

862628[/snapback]

I think that after such a delightful win, it is harder to recall any faults in a player/team. The thing about Gandy is that even last year when he was playing reasonably OK, he did get blown apart in a few games.

Hopefully, the OL coaches and the OC will have a big input as to what happens, but if we DO lose Gandy, we will need another tackle, as well as probably 2 guards.

Remember, Gandy will be a UFA who can line up at LT, so he would come with an inflated price tag.

Signing Steinbach would go a long way toward solving these problems, and the money IS there.

but if we DO lose Gandy, , we will need another tackle...

I think we need another tackle regardless of what happens with Gandy. In fact I would consider that our top need in the offseason, just ahead of a blue chip DT.

I think we need another tackle regardless of what happens with Gandy. In fact I would consider that our top need in the offseason, just ahead of a blue chip DT.

862741[/snapback]

I'd love to see the Bills draft a stud DT early (first round, perhaps?) if they don't make a move to sign a veteran OG. I like Pennington @ RT, but I'd also like to see another player brought in for competition and depth purposes.

I'd love to see the Bills draft a stud DT early (first round, perhaps?) if they don't make a move to sign a veteran OG.  I like Pennington @ RT, but I'd also like to see another player brought in for competition and depth purposes.

862752[/snapback]

I'd like to see them draft a stud DT early and make a move to sign a veteran Guard. And so far I think Pennington looks like a struggling late round rookie who should be the competition and depth behind a better tackle. It'd be nice to be able to run the ball off RT every once in a while or regularly call up some route combinations that take more than 2 seconds to develop. He might get better but I don't think he moves very well, uses his hands very well or shows much ability to really get into his man.

Cya

I'd love to see the Bills draft a stud DT early (first round, perhaps?) if they don't make a move to sign a veteran OG.

862752[/snapback]

Isn't that what McCargo is for? I don't know much about him, but I do know we should give him time and a chance to show what he can do next season. I don't see us using back-to-back 1st rounders on defensive tackles when we have other needs (particularly on offense).

9) Kudos to Jauron in that he out coached Mangini. That said, beware. Sadly, the jests seem to be heading in the right direction with this guy. Yeah well, we just kicked their effing asses, didn't we!!!???  :(

862082[/snapback]

As long as we have Mcgahee for the next 10 years and they have Vilma for the same period of time, we will be all right.

McCargo is a penetrating type, not an anchor we need. I do believe McCargo will end up better than Tripplett in that role though. As for O line, yeah, pick up the best free agent guard possible and let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure enough about Max Starks to throw a lot of money at him so I'll go for Steinbach or Manuwai at G. I'd love it if we could land Alan Branch in the draft!

As far as DT goes, we may be relatively okay. Triplett is steady, and probably would be better with a more dominating guy next to him. McCargo, IIRC, plays the same spot and with those two we would have a pretty solid position there.

The other DT spot is manned by Williams and Anderson. Williams is still raw, and may prove to be a good player, but right now he should be the backup in a rotation at that position. The problem, as I see it, is Anderson. We really need someone who can dominate at that spot, and if we can find someone to take Anderson's spot, I'd be happy with the Triplett-McCargo-Williams-[Other Guy] rotation. If the other guy is a true disrupter, we would then be in great shape.

So all I'd be looking for this offseason, actually, is a guy to stick in front of Williams in the depth chart.

It was noble of him, supporting his teammates like that (and kind of throwing the defense under the bus).  But he didn't have to go that far and could have said he's looking for continued improvement from himself and his teammates.

862443[/snapback]

Don't want to pick nits, but how is Losman's comment about liking the offensive personnel throwing the defense under the bus?

I would assume that he was asked a question about the offense and he answered it. I personnaly can't find anything even remotely wrong in that.

I'd like to see them draft a stud DT early and make a move to sign a veteran Guard. And so far I think Pennington looks like a struggling late round rookie who should be the competition and depth behind a better tackle. It'd be nice to be able to run the ball off RT every once in a while or regularly call up some route combinations that take more than 2 seconds to develop. He might get better but I don't think he moves very well, uses his hands very well or shows much ability to really get into his man.

Cya

862760[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. No reason we can't do both. And Pennington and Preston are getting valuable experience and will make for quality depth.

I think with McCargo our DT needs are still there, but not as glaring a hole as it feels like each time the Texans run for 200 (At least we didn't get Jax-Indy'd).

On the line, I haven't seen enough of Pennington to really know, but Duke seems like he is the weak link. Gandy needs to show he can be a solid veteran, but I'm certainly going to want to look at every LG option too. Pennington is a keep-your-fingers-crossed guy for me now. Seems to do alright in pass protection, and having Preston as his wingman explains some of the run-right difficulties, but I haven't seen him closely enough to really know. It would be great if he developed to exceed expecations (like Peters, but he doesn't have to get that good :thumbsup: ).

On the Kelsey stuff, I don't know exactly what money makes sense, but I also really like Hargrove, so don't want to overspend at that position.