Get the Dish (Directv) and stop complaining

CJPearl2

Enough with the NFL network bitching. If you want NFL network all you have to do is get Directv. It's so much better than "digital" cable anyways, has more HD channels and is cheaper.

Why do we have to keep discussing this?

And don't use the excuse that you live in an apartment, etc. It is illegal (in most states, I believe) for an apartment complex to prevent a tenant from getting a satellite. Years ago I had this issue, threaten the illegality of it and they backed off. I got a stand and put in on my back deck. Problem solved.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the NFL network bitching. If you want NFL network all you have to do is get Directv. It's so much better than "digital" cable anyways, has more HD channels and is cheaper.

And don't use the excuse that you live in an apartment, etc. It is illegal (in most states, I believe) for an apartment complex to prevent a tenant from getting a satellite. Years ago I had this issue, threaten the illegality of it and they backed off. I got a stand and put in on my back deck. Problem solved.

846262[/snapback]

My only complaint with NFL Sunday Ticket is that the Bills have not reached the playoffs since I have had the package. Being out of the Western/Central NY market I can't wait till the Bills are on top so i can watch them succeed every Sunday.

846262[/snapback]

Like I said in the other thread, we are in an apartment complex with no balcony or patio. On top of that, we are on the NORTH side!!!! So we can't get a view of the southern sky.

Other people may be able to do this. and I encourage them to. TIME WARNER IS NOTHING MORE THAT A GREEDY MONOPOLY THAT WILL CONTINUE TO SCREW IT'S CUSTOMERS AS LONG AS THEY CAN!

SCREW TIME WARNER!

Like I said in the other thread, we are in an apartment complex with no balcony or patio.  On top of that, we are on the NORTH side!!!!  So we can't get a view of the southern sky. 

Other people may be able to do this.  and I encourage them to.  TIME WARNER IS NOTHING MORE THAT A GREEDY MONOPOLY THAT WILL CONTINUE TO SCREW IT'S CUSTOMERS AS LONG AS THEY CAN!

SCREW TIME WARNER!

846299[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat at my complex. I suppose some would say that's our fault for picking such a location. I needed my apartment because it had an easy exit point to let my dog out. Sad thing is TW is no more greedy then the rest of them. Cable Company’s can be some of the worst people to deal with across the board.

Suggestion...

If you live in apartment complex and all this other crap, open personal ads every week in the newspaper that read some thing along the lines of "Poor Bills fan seeking fan of team Bills are playing this week with NFL Sunday Ticket". People would so understand that.

846262[/snapback]

It keeps getting discussed, because every time someone mentions televised games in any context whatsoever, a host of people proceed to tell everyone else what saps they are for not getting a satellite dish and NFL Network...

I'm in the same boat at my complex. I suppose some would say that's our fault for picking such a location. I needed my apartment because it had an easy exit point to let my dog out.  Sad thing is TW is no more greedy then the rest of them. Cable Company’s can be some of the worst people to deal with across the board.

846304[/snapback]

Yeah, we really should've thought of that - schools, neighborhood, public transportation, satellite TV access.

846262[/snapback]

Did it ever dawn on you that some people may not want a 2 ft grey saucer hanging off the side off their house? 0:) It's a real simple concept, so read it slowly...If you don't want to read about TW/NFL Network issues, DON'T OPEN THE THREAD.

Its just sad, what the NFL is doing. It use to be FREE.......a person was guarinteed the ability to watch two sunday games and monday night games with out cable or satelite. Just a set of rabbit ears. Lets face it not every football fan can afford the nfl sunday ticket. To make matters worse, unless you have cable or a dish you cannot watch monday night games.......now with the NFL ticket brodcasting games, it even takes more away from the fans.

I live in the sticks of oregon, let me tell you about 40 percent of the population out side of portland oregon does not have the ability to get cable and with the mountain ranges in the western part of the state, you cannot even get a signal with a dish. But your right about I could up root my family and move to another location in the state or out of the state for that matter because I am a football fan. Boy that look good on a resumee. Why are you looking to move into the area? Oh you all get satelite signal here nothing else in life matters 0:)

Luckly I live on the right side of the hill and can get a satelite signal.......I also understand not every one is so lucky. But then again I remember when there wasnt even cable TV lmao

Happy Thanks Giving!

I have Roadrunner, and don't want to give that up, so I pay for cable TV.

Would it be cheaper to switch to DirecTV and still keep Roadrunner?

846357[/snapback]

Get the cable package

Phone

RR

Cable

That is hard to beat.

846357[/snapback]

Yes, especially if you can get DSL and use the threat to get the lower rates from RR. Dish top 80, includes NFL and RR "lite" (available only as a retention tool) costs me less than $60/month.

846262[/snapback]

You are technically right, but in essence, wrong on this issue. The ruling states that an apartment cannot prohibit a tenant from having a satalite dish, but the placement of the dish has to be compliant with the landlords definition of "common areas". In other words, as where I live, you are not prohibited from having a dish, but you can't place it anyplace where it will work, because the landlord has deemed the roof and porch/patios' off limits. As someone said, if you are sick of hearing about it, don't read the threads, and certiainly, don't start a new one...just save yourself some grief! :devil:

Dish is not an attractive option for me because I have 4 TVs in my house - geting 4 receivers (and paying a monthly premum for each?) seems kind of riduculous

You are technically right, but in essence, wrong on this issue.  The ruling states that an apartment cannot prohibit a tenant from having a satalite dish, but the placement of the dish has to be compliant with the landlords definition of "common areas".  In other words, as where I live, you are not prohibited from having a dish, but you can't place it anyplace where it will work, because the landlord has deemed the roof and porch/patios' off limits.  As someone said, if you are sick of hearing about it, don't read the threads, and certiainly, don't start a new one...just save yourself some grief!  :devil:

846605[/snapback]

Actually Im not wrong. If you litigated the issue you would win. This is how the landlords are getting away with preventing dishes, by saying that the porch/patio is off limits. If it is shared, then maybe. But if in your exclusive control, you can put one on it. When I lived in apartments the landlord gave me the same excuse, but I installed it on my deck anyways and told the complex to try and take it down. I quoted them the federal law, gave them a copy and told them if they tried to take it down I would file an action against them. It also helped that I had just graduated law school and could have defended myself free of charge.

I have DirectTV and pay $35 a month for 2 year committment for Roadrunner. One time they tried to raise my rate to $45. I called up threatened to drop RR, had to talk with three different people, likely his boss and his boss's boss, but they gave me $35 for two years. My daughter has done the same. We're both in Rochester BTW.

846357[/snapback]

I had 5 TV and 4 VCRs. After swithcing to Direct, reduced to 2 receivers and haven't missed the rest. You can push the signal to more than one TV and if watching a local channel, just use rabbit ears on some TV's. I do agree with multiple TV's cable may be cheaper.

I will say this, if cable was the same price as Direct, I'd go back to cable as I did enjoy the flexability of watching anything on any TV without messing around.

One thing I don't understand with regarding to cable, thye have all these commercials everywhere trying to get people to dome satelite. If they just gave the equipment away like satelite does, or charge camparible prices I'd switch back. I got two DVR's in my house, the first one was free with rebate, second one cost me $100 and I pay $5 extra per month to use both. With cable, they'd charge me $10 per month for each one. I got an ad in the mail recently. They offered, as a promo to only charge me $5 for THREE WHOLE MONTHS!! Wow, what a deal!!

Dish is not an attractive option for me because I have 4 TVs in my house - geting 4 receivers (and paying a monthly premum for each?) seems kind of riduculous

846609[/snapback]