Where are all the posters that said....

DeLuca1967

"The Bills will be a better team by the coaching/GM changes alone" ?

With all the great FA talent 'Super GM' Marv Levy brought in. Let's take a look.

W/L PF PA

2005 4-5 142 162

2006 3-6 140 180

With M&M and TD gone how can things be worse? We now have Melvin Fowler, Peerless Price and Larry Tripplett?

Is there any FA that Marv signed you would care about if they were cut today? Maybe A-Train? TD tried to sign A-Train the previous year. But A-Train went to Dallas because he thought he would get more reps.

I don't WANT to remember who we played in the first nine games last year, but we've had some pretty tough opponents this season. Pats twice, Colts, Bears...a newly inspired Jets team....that's pretty tough for a team that had this much turnover.

Record aside, no way would I trade this team for that crap fest we had last year. I'm a little disappointed that we're not moving the ball better, but I like the direction we're goign in. I fully support building a dominant defense as the strength of the team. I was very surprised that our D did as well as they did in the Colts game, and I think they're only goign to get better. Ko Simpson is starting to make more plays, Crowell and Fletch are playing well, Ellison is a nice surprise, Whitner is having a solid rookie season, Youboty is about to get some playing time, etc, etc, etc. I think next year our defense will be one of the youngest AND one of the best in the NFL.

But last season was so horrendous that I exiled myself to the "off the wall" forum for several months after it was over.....that was unbearable!

With all the great FA talent 'Super GM' Marv Levy brought in. Let's take a look.

W/L            PF          PA

2005              4-5            142        162

2006              3-6            140        180

With M&M and TD gone how can things be worse? We now have Melvin Fowler, Peerless Price and Larry Tripplett?

Is there any FA that Marv signed you would care about if they were cut today? Maybe A-Train? TD tried to sign A-Train the previous year. But A-Train went to Dallas because he thought he would get more reps.

840389[/snapback]

So what's your point? You'd have been satisfied with no changes in the front office?

You loved Mularkey's play calling and the command he had of the team?

You think we were on the short track to the SB and suddenly it got derailed by GM Marv?

You're surprised that the team was in such bad shape player wise that you were expecting Marv to create Rome in a day?

No. Tell me you're pissed that Lindell missed that field goal and want his ass fried.

Yes, free agent acquisitions generally have not worked out well. I still don't understand why the Bills paid Price such a large signing bonus (or why they signed him).

I like our draft choices and many are getting valuable playing time. I also think that Levy and Jauron have been a breath of fresh air compared to the TD regime.

I do think that Marv needs to take a hard look at the Bills' free agent talent evaluators. I believe they are the same people that TD hired, and they have made poor recommendations over a number of years. It is time to get some new people.

only a matter of time before someone says that you have to give a new regime time to get their players in and that you cant judge them on their first year

the majority of Bills fans have become apologists and their blind loyalty has made it acceptable to watch an inferior product lose the majority of the time

supporting this and any other team is one thing, accepting losing year after year is just pathetic...this team needs a change from the top on down and that wont happen until the Bills have new ownership, hard to say but its the truth

So what's your point? You'd have been satisfied with no changes in the front office?

You loved Mularkey's play calling and the command he had of the team?

You think we were on the short track to the SB and suddenly it got derailed by GM Marv?

You're surprised that the team was in such bad shape player wise that you were expecting Marv to create Rome in a day?

No. Tell me you're pissed that Lindell missed that field goal and want his ass fried.

840401[/snapback]

his point was that this years Bills are no better then last years even though most people thought they would be simply because of the change of GM and coach...dont know what was so hard about that to figure out

The big thing is that they didn't break the bank to sign any of these guys. How about the 49ers signing Jonas Jennings to his big contract? How'd that work out for them? How about Damian Woody for the Lions--oh they paid him a lot to sit the bench. And how about Hutchinson? Saddling your team with years of high bonuses hurts a heck of a lot more than having the guys we signed. They've done as much for the team--even more than those guys. Tell me what free agent out there you absolutely needed to have this offseason? T Owens? I'll take A Train and J Reed coming back, Tripplett and Royal over those guys.

his point was that this years Bills are no better then last years even though most people thought they would be simply because of the change of GM and coach...dont know what was so hard about that to figure out

840418[/snapback]

Oh really? Most people had us pegged to win 3-4 games this year, only us optimists thought we could win more than 6 games.Go back and read the threads.This team is be better than last years, even if they do not win another game. They at least have leadership & direction now, along with many young players who will only get better with experience. :D

They are. Why would you even consider making that comparison right now? Would it not be more fair to make the comparison at the end of the season when all of the ballots are in? And... what if the Bills score less points and allow more points than last year and end up winning 7 games? or The Bills end up scoring more points and allowing less than last year's team, but winning 5 games?

What exactly is your criteria for "BETTER"? Do you mean Better right away? Better in a couple of years? And, If this regime coached last year's team, how would they stack up?

Defensively, this team sent 3 starters with an average age of 34 to the curb, and replaced them with three starters with an average age of 22.5 yrs.... and right up the middle of the defense... and statistically, they're slightly better than last year's team.

Offensively, they are about the same as last year... almost dead last.

So, slightly better on D and about the same as last year on O = slightly better overall. And, after an 8 for 8 draft and 6 of them having started games, that seems to me to be an outstanding job. Last year's draft was probably the best in Bills history.

840389[/snapback]

Well you're missing a huge difference. The Bills were that bad in '05 after TD was at the helm for 5 years. He took over a bad team and left a bad team. He had 5 drafts, 5 years of free agency and 80 games to make improvement. He didn't. That's why he's gone. So for Marv has taken over a bad team and managed 1 draft and 1 free agent period. He's 9 games into his GM career. A little soon to judge or make the comparison.

At the risk of being called an apologist excepting losing idiot. With 22 new players and a totally new staff ,a coach that doesn't bullchit the fans with regards to who is starting and who is injured. A defense that is playing well with a bunch of rookies, Hell yes this team is doing better for the future. But the real BIG difference is .......................

WHERE'S THE MUNITY That we witnessed last year lead by none other than EMOULDS!

And Sammy boy Adams, by the way I see he's doing a real bang up job down their in Cincinnatti, boy their really doing better than us in the win column!! The fact of the matter is Meathead lost his team........

840389[/snapback]

well if we end up not as good as last year...

5 11 0 .312 271 367

I will agree with you. But i have a good feeling that we will win more than 2 more games i mean damn we all most beat IND. I am dissapointed in 2 games this year the CHI and the second NE game they should have had a chance in thoes games. But with turnovers and whatnot they didn't have a chance.

840389[/snapback]

His name's DeLuca1967, he's in my class, I think he's retarded or something.

At the risk of being called an apologist excepting losing idiot. With  22 new players and a totally new staff ,a coach that doesn't bullchit the fans with regards to who is starting and who is injured. A defense that is playing well with a bunch of rookies, Hell yes this team is doing better for the future. But the real BIG difference is .......................

WHERE'S THE MUNITY That we witnessed last year lead by none other than EMOULDS!

And Sammy boy Adams, by the way I see he's doing a real bang up job down their in Cincinnatti, boy their really doing better than us in the win column!! The fact of the matter is Meathead lost his team........

840492[/snapback]

And not to mention what they did to Ruben Brown. Those assh0les turned found a way to get the fan base against him. Pathetic machinations by the man behind the curtain. I'll never respect TD's body of work here. He whiffed more than he hit. Marv's already chopped about 50% of the players he inherited from that guru of talent. Look for about 30% more to go by next spring, 'cause they're playing themselves out of a job and in some cases out of the league right here and now.

Oh really? Most people had us pegged to win 3-4 games this year, only us optimists thought we could win more than 6 games.Go back and read the threads.This  team is be better than last years, even if they do not win another game. They at least have leadership & direction now, along with many young players who will only get better with experience. :D

840429[/snapback]

Where? I see this posted all the time.

Where are they better?

Where is the "leadership & direction"?

I don't base this on record. I see the same mistakes and and same dumb penalties as last season. I see coaching decisions that remind me a lot of last season.

Yes. It is year one. But shouldn't there be some improvment some where? Any where? Levy spent money this offseason and he drafted pretty high. What has come from it. Whitner? Shouldn't a "rebuilding" team come away from an offseason with more then one player of note.

Again I ask. Where are they better?

840418[/snapback]

That's a load of rubbish....

The Defence(new coaches/new system/new players/rookie starters) is still doing heaps better.

Overall up from 29th to 21st

Rushing up from 31st to 20th

Passing about the same up from 19th to 18th.

This defence....when the youngsters mature & hopefully with McCargo coming on strong next year is on track to be good. When you consider that that is the area that was focused on last off-season(the 1st off season for this regime), I'd say they are showing signs of having things on track.

Offence(in case you have not noticed) is being assessed weekly. 2 weeks ago we get an OL change....this week we get the reigns loosened on JP.

I know you guys have your eyes open but since your heads are shoved so far up your asses as to block out all light I understand how everything seems so dark.

The Defence(new coaches/new system/new players/rookie starters) is still doing heaps better.

This defence....when the youngsters mature & hopefully with McCargo coming on strong next year is on track to be good.  When you consider that that is the area that was focused on last off-season(the 1st off season for this regime), I'd say they are showing signs of having things on track.

Offence(in case you have not noticed) is being assessed weekly.  2 weeks ago we get an OL change....this week we get the reigns loosened on JP.

I know you guys have your eyes open but since your heads are shoved so far up your asses as to block out all light I understand how everything seems so dark.

840582[/snapback]

What gets me is people that are okay with Williams/Donahoe's first year at 3-13. Sure. THEY deserved a mulliagn - we were in cap jail or some such crap so we had to cut a lot of high priced over-the-hill players to clear the decks for building for the future, and five years later they hadn't gotten above the basement because they screwed around too much with the foundation.

Now people want Marv to fix everything in the middle of each week so they can feel better about themselves, so they don't beat the dog/wife/kids following the outcome of a sporting match they have zero control over. I love it when they show players at the end of the game shaking hands. They walk away win or lose and go on to another big payday. Meanwhile the knuckle-dragging fans work overtime on getting ulcers because THEIR team let them down. How sad. :D:P:lol:

This defence....when the youngsters mature & hopefully with McCargo coming on strong next year is on track to be good.  When you consider that that is the area that was focused on last off-season(the 1st off season for this regime), I'd say they are showing signs of having things on track.

Offence(in case you have not noticed) is being assessed weekly.  2 weeks ago we get an OL change....this week we get the reigns loosened on JP.

840582[/snapback]

The rushing defense went from 4.5 yds per carry in 2005 compared to 4.3 this year?

Passing defense gave up 205.7 yrds a game in 2005 compared to 213.2 this year?

It doesn't look the defense has improved. It's looks like they are right where they were last season. :D

840389[/snapback]

your write. woe is us, woe is us. please, bring back TD! please bring back meathead! fuggin joke.

And not to mention what they did to Ruben Brown. Those assh0les turned found a way to get the fan base against him. Pathetic machinations by the man behind the curtain. I'll never respect TD's body of work here. He whiffed more than he hit. Marv's already chopped about 50% of the players he inherited from that guru of talent. Look for about 30% more to go by next spring, 'cause they're playing themselves out of a job and in some cases out of the league right here and now.

840561[/snapback]

Don't tell that to the hot pockets around here......It is much to difficult of a concept to grasp.

Something tells me Big Dick carries a Big Stick in the locker room and will not tolerate the kind of crap we witnessed last year ..no crap from the clubhouse! Right on nanker.

For once, i agree with something you post.

840709[/snapback]

When I see posts like yours I know I'm right.

All you are saying is " I Ramius have nothing to argue against what I am reading. I have no original thoughts so I will attack those who have actual opinions. I am also a proud Republican".

I thought it was a simple question. Where are the 2006 Bills better than the 2005 Bills?

I am shocked that with so many Levy/Loseman apologists on these message boards that nobody can come up with a legit answer.

I see a lot of buzz words like "leadership and direction" thrown around. No body seems to be able to back anything up. The Bills were counting on fans being blind to the truth when the hung Levy's name on the GM door instead of searching the league for a qualified candidate. I can't believe so many of you fell for it. :D

You can all say what you want about Deluca's comments...but at this point, right now, his points have some validity. Now can that change starting tomorrow? Sure...but this team is no different then the ones from the last several years, 2004 excluded.

If you'd stop rooting for the Bills they'd be better in the fan intelligence department.

840681[/snapback]

Amen, amem, amen.

BTW, if I ever agreed with anything DeLuca spewed I'd shoot myself because that would mean, indeed, I'd lost my mind.

840389[/snapback]

I'm right here. I think we are a better team. Last year we got crushed by a 4-12 Oakland team, lost to a very bad New Orleans team, beat a bad 4-12 Jets team and a terrible Texans team. So four of our games including two of our losses were against teams that picked in the top 6 (and the two worst teams). And only one of our losses (@New England, five points) was close. This year four of our losses are against New England, Chicago, and Indy, all Super Bowl top probables, and two of those were very close to wins, and three of our losses are a field goal or less.

Last year through nine we had only played two games against teams that would make the playoffs.

So putting up points and record and acting like they are proof we aren't better doesn't make sense to me.

We are not good yet, and I'm disappointed with some aspects of our progress. Almost doesn't count, so I don't want to get too caught up on comparing two different bad teams and looking for silver linings.

But this team is better than last year's team right now, and more important is younger and learning a new system, and poised to improve. And best of all we have a coach who knows what he is doing and how to keep this team on track, and won't put Holcomb in for the last two games.

When I see posts like yours I know I'm right. 

All you are saying is " I Ramius have nothing to argue against what I am reading. I have no original thoughts so I will attack those who have actual opinions. I am also a proud Republican".

I thought it was a simple question. Where are the 2006 Bills better than the 2005 Bills?

I am shocked that with so many Levy/Loseman apologists on these message boards that nobody can come up with a legit answer.

I see a lot of buzz words like "leadership and direction" thrown around. No body seems to be able to back anything up. The Bills were counting on fans being blind to the truth when the hung Levy's name on the GM door instead of searching the league for a qualified candidate. I can't believe so many of you fell for it. :D

840755[/snapback]

The fact that you cant see any difference between the 2005 and 2006 Bills just confirms that you do, in fact, know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm right here.  I think we are a better team.  Last year we got crushed by a 4-12 Oakland team, lost to a very bad New Orleans team, beat a bad 4-12 Jets team and a terrible Texans team.  So four of our games including two of our losses were against teams that picked in the top 6 (and the two worst teams).  And only one of our losses (@New England, five points) was close.  This year four of our losses are against New England, Chicago, and Indy, all Super Bowl top probables, and two of those were very close to wins, and three of our losses are a field goal or less.

Last year through nine we had only played two games against teams that would make the playoffs.

So putting up points and record and acting like they are proof we aren't better doesn't make sense to me.

We are not good yet, and I'm disappointed with some aspects of our progress.  Almost doesn't count, so I don't want to get too caught up on comparing two different bad teams and looking for silver linings.

But this team is better than last year's team right now, and more important is younger and learning a new system, and poised to improve.  And best of all we have a coach who knows what he is doing and how to keep this team on track, and won't put Holcomb in for the last two games.

840805[/snapback]

And this year we have 3 out of nine. Over the final seven the Bills will face three teams that are now 3-6.

Last Season they beat an 11-5 team (Cincy), a 10-6 team (KC) and a 9-7 team (Miami).

This season? None of their wins (3) are against teams with winning records.

And again I read things like "poised to improve" or "A coach who knows what he's doing".

Please. Tell me what you are basing all of this on. The coach is 3-6 which falls right in line whith everything else he has done in the NFL.

And what does "poised to inprove" mean? Shouldn''t there be some small improvement this season. I see bad play calling and dumb penalties. They continue to shuffle the O-line. These are the same things we all saw the past five years. Considering the offense was the worst in franchise history last season. They were "poised to improve" this year, where is it?

No Joke. I want to see it. I hate dreading Sunday afternoons. I want to be able to enjoy Bills games again. I just can't sit there and lie to myself. I need soemthing tangible. Catch phrases and slogans don't do it for me. :D

The fact that you cant see any difference between the 2005 and 2006 Bills just confirms that you do, in fact, know absolutely nothing about football.

840830[/snapback]

The fact that you wrote this post confirms you can't explain the difference between the 2005 and 2006 Bills. So why don't you go sit in the corner and let the adults talk for a while. Grab yourself a pudding or something. :D

The fact that you wrote this post confirms you can't explain the difference between the 2005 and 2006 Bills. So why don't you go sit in the corner and let the adults talk for a while. Grab yourself a pudding or something. :D

840843[/snapback]

Dealing with you is like dealing with holcombs arm. I can explain why i am right, but you wont understand it. Reading comprehension, like football analysis is definitely not one of your strong points.

Why dont you go back to bashing the sabres and telling everyone how terrible they are? Seeing how you were right on that one, huh?

I'm here. I think the Bills are better off in the long run. Yes, their record is one worse at this point in the season. However, the Bills have changed offensive and defensive systems with the new coaching staff. It takes most teams some time to get comfortable with new systems so they are not having to think about what to do, and instead can react. The fact that the Bills are young exacerbates the problem, because young players tend to make more mistakes. Mularkey clearly was not able to set a direction and then stick with it. He named a starting QB, then yanked him. He said he was going to run the ball, then ended up passing it. The word was that Jerry Gray had alienated most of the defensive players, and that Mularkey had little communication with his assistants. He didn't trust Tom Clements, yanking play calling responsibilities from his coordinator.

I think as the Bills gradually acquire young players who fit the new system and help them mature, they will get much better. I believe the Bills now have some direction and confident, calm coaches, and it is just a matter of time before they click.

Yes, free agent acquisitions generally have not worked out well.  I still don't understand why the Bills paid Price such a large signing bonus (or why they signed him).

I like our draft choices and many are getting valuable playing time.  I also think that Levy and Jauron have been a breath of fresh air compared to the TD regime.

I do think that Marv needs to take a hard look at the Bills' free agent talent evaluators.  I believe they are the same people that TD hired, and they have made poor recommendations over a number of years.  It is time to get some new people.

840410[/snapback]

I think they were openly taking a gamble with Price, bringing in a once successful Buffalo receiver in an attempt to curry some much needed support from a dejected and disenfranchised fan base...sadly, it's tough to say that ANY of our receivers have had a fair shake this year thanks to Buffalo's inability to establish an effective passing attack. Granted, when Price's number has been called (excluding his insane touchdown catch/run) he has not made the plays folks expected him to. He was a long shot, and it hasn't paid off yet...but it isn't neccesarily a COMPLETE bust.