A Question To All TSW Posters

I just get the stronger feeling every day that, at this time next year, JP will still be the QB and will not look any better. The OL will have 1 or 2 new scrubs that no other team wants & still suck, and the Pollyannas will still be saying that it's not JP's fault, just give him time.

It's like the movie Groundhog Day. ;)

827080[/snapback]

Exactly, that's how I'm beginning to feel, too. I think what I realized - mainly cause I found myself partaking in it - was that every single week we are having to justify why JP didn't look as bad as he really did, didn't do as much as he should have, etc. I don't expect JP to be playing like a savvy vet, but I sure as heck expected more production out of him. Sure, protecting the ball is very important. Having an opportunistic and stout defense is important. ST and coaching is important. But ultimately you have GOT to put the ball in the endzone.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, that's how I'm beginning to feel, too. I think what I realized - mainly cause I found myself partaking in it - was that every single week we are having to justify why JP didn't look as bad as he really did, didn't do as much as he should have, etc. I don't expect JP to be playing like a savvy vet, but I sure as heck expected more production out of him. Sure, protecting the ball is very important. Having an opportunistic and stout defense is important. ST and coaching is important. But ultimately you have GOT to put the ball in the endzone.

827155[/snapback]

Please join us over at "There are two types of people, ones who think JP will never be good, and f**king liars".

Thank you.

I'm glad you've pointed this out. Some Bills fan simply won't be happy until they can A) clone Jim Kelly, B) clone Tom Brady or C) clone Payton Manning. I get the sense that they feel that every other NFL offense has a HOF QB and is scoring points like a pinball machine.

827042[/snapback]

On the contrary. Id just like to have a team that I can sit down, have a few beers and wings and expect to see a worthwhile football game played in ernest.

I dont need the 92 Bills every year.

I just need something worth watching.

I believe that's the game, yes.

That was possibly the worst effort by a winning Bills QB I can recall in recent memory.  That includes yesterday's putrid effort by Losman.

827135[/snapback]

The difference was that at the end, Flutie came through like a champ. He did the same thing at a home game vs. Jax. I was there. Even in college, Fluite had that famous pass.

Otoh, JP plays and sounds like a confounded dummy. He has talent galore, but it is time (imo) to accept the possibility that we have another RJ on our hands. ;)

The difference was that at the end, Flutie came through like a champ. He did the same thing at a home game vs. Jax. I was there. Even in college, Fluite had that famous pass.

Otoh, JP plays and sounds like a confounded dummy. He has talent galore, but it is time (imo) to accept the possibility that we have another RJ on our hands.  ;)

827172[/snapback]

Now i am not saying JP is the answer, but he DID come through when it mattered yesterday. Too many people bitched that he didnt win us a game in the 4th quarter, but now he does, and they still B word.

On the contrary. Id just like to have a team that I can sit down, have a few beers and wings and expect to see a worthwhile football game played in ernest.

I dont need the 92 Bills every year.

I just need something worth watching.

827170[/snapback]

I did say "some fans", not all. As for me, I've enjoyed watching four games this season (First Pats game, Dolphins, Vikings and the Packers). Considering that this is a rebuilding year, a 50-50 enjoyment rate is pretty good in my book. What exactly are you expecting from this current roster? Did you think they'd have a winning record? That they wouldn't be blown out a few times? You may not want to watch next Sundays game then.

Now i am not saying JP is the answer, but he DID come through when it mattered yesterday. Too many people bitched that he didnt win us a game in the 4th quarter, but now he does, and they still B word.

827173[/snapback]

Who REALLY came through for us Bro, JP, Favre, or Nate?

Favre tossed the int. from where, inside our 5? The TD pass to Evans wasn't quite as bad as the one where he forced Lee to stop in his tracks, but he couldn't ("cannon" or not) hit him in stride.

I am feeling great that the Bills won a football game. Fletcher, Schobel, Nate Tripplet, Thomas, Shelton and others played really well. It was (imo) a fine debut for Peters at LT. Lots of good news.

JP otoh was pitiful, and this is bad news for our Bills.

Plenty of thoughts already, but here's my .02

We as a community are very used to the Bills losing games in frustrating fashion. Yesterday they won in frustrating fashion and we don't know how to handle it. The defense was bailed out by turnovers (yes, they had to make them, but they were bailed out), and the offense was bailed out by Green Bay. So, we really didn't win the game, GB lost it. (I'm only half kidding here)

The play of our QB has now begun to swing me towards the idea that he aint gonna make it. Our O-line is not great, but I'm not sure that they are as bad as he makes them look. Pull the friggin trigger already. Two long pass plays yesterday and JP was late on both of them. The first was broken up and the second was completed because Evans was sooooooo wide open. On both of those (IMO) Losman was late in delivering the ball. You make your line look good by making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball. Trust your receivers to make a play.

Special teams were again the team's shining stars. Moorman outstanding. Punt returns very good. KO returns very good. But, how many times can you get excited about that?

Otoh, JP plays and sounds like a confounded dummy. He has talent galore, but it is time (imo) to accept the possibility that we have another RJ on our hands.  ;)

827172[/snapback]

Am I the only one that heard Fred Sanford's voice when I read that? "JP, you big dummy! Ooooh...this is the big one, I'm comin' Elizabeth!"

It's a good thing that there weren't Bill's chat rooms during the Harvey Johnson, Hank Bullough eras based on the commentaries we see now. I found myself to be very apathetic regarding the game. Starting with the confusion on their first drive (third and one... time out, etc) I felt discouraged with the lack of progress in several areas. It is the type of feeling I had in Greggo's first season... love the Bills, root for them every game, but I have little faith in their competency.

I am sure they will eventually improve, but I have accepted that for at least this year... they are a poor football team.

It just reinforces my theory that Bills fans will never be happy with what the Bills do

826976[/snapback]

I'm glad you've pointed this out. Some Bills fan simply won't be happy until they can A) clone Jim Kelly, B) clone Tom Brady or C) clone Payton Manning

827042[/snapback]

How about if they would just win? Win the Superbowl, even a playoff game. Put something competitive out on the field. When they're celebrating in New Orleans or Miami or whereever the Big Game is that year and people on this board are still whining, fine. But until then, the Bills know exactly what they have to do to make their fans happy.

I think the reason this win is not a cause for celebration is that we're all staring a seventh straight football-less January in the face, and for those of us below the age of 30, we've never seen anything like it before. Seeing JP struggle like he did makes us want to make other plans for Jan. 08 and 09 as well.

I think the gloom results from the following:

1. The team is bad, and there is no confidence that they are getting better or that they will be better next year.

2. The team has been bad for a long time. I think the playoff drought will be seven years after this year.

3. If JP is not the guy, finding the guy could mean more rebuilding and patience.

4. We will lose Clements, and possibly Fletcher, Kelsay and others this offseason. The team will be worse after losing these players and there are too many holes to fill.

5. The offense is not entertaining in any way, shape or form.

6. While the Bills won yesterday, they were outplayed (except on special teams). A win is a win, but it was really ugly.

Overall, we are tired of losing and being patient.

I did say "some fans", not all. As for me, I've enjoyed watching four games this season (First Pats game, Dolphins, Vikings and the Packers). Considering that this is a rebuilding year, a 50-50 enjoyment rate is pretty good in my book. What exactly are you expecting from this current roster? Did you think they'd have a winning record? That they wouldn't be blown out a few times? You may not want to watch next Sundays game then.

827179[/snapback]

Its not about this year. Its about last year. Its about Gregg Williams. Its about Rob Johnson. Its about Tom Donohoe. Its about the fact the rest of the NFL have been to and from the postseason since the last time the Bills have. Its about hearing the same thing year after year..."we are rebuilding", "the QB needs [this or that]", "they just have to jell."

I think the gloom results from the following:

1.  The team is bad, and there is no confidence that they are getting better or that they will be better next year.

2.  The team has been bad for a long time.  I think the playoff drought will be seven years after this year.

3.  If JP is not the guy, finding the guy could mean more rebuilding and patience.

4.  We will lose Clements, and possibly Fletcher, Kelsay and others this offseason.  The team will be worse after losing these players and there are too many holes to fill.

5.  The offense is not entertaining in any way, shape or form.

6.  While the Bills won yesterday, they were outplayed (except on special teams).  A win is a win, but it was really ugly.

Overall, we are tired of losing and being patient.

827238[/snapback]

I love it how "we wont be any better next year" Ever hear of rookies getting better and developing? Teams play together and grow together. Its called game experience. Its amazing what a bit of cohesiveness can do, but no, that doesnt satisfy the hot pocket crowd.

I'm thrilled with our win. I was at the game and have watched my DVR recording twice already. I'll probably watch it at least a couple more times.  :doh:

I'm only disgusted with whiny Bills fans.  ;)

827251[/snapback]

You are the only person I know who can eat chocolates at will and maintain a figure like a 25 year old.