A Question To All TSW Posters

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong: there is only one acceptable comparison QB to Losman: Drew Brees. Surely Losman is the next Drew Brees, right?  :rolleyes:

831440[/snapback]

Wrong....he is definitely a bust. We've seen all we need already. Get rid of him now & put Nall in....or even Holcomb. They can't both be as bad as Loseman.

His numbers were not good against GB last week....totally agree(apart from his turnover numbers).  I was simply responding to your statement that his numbers are abysmal for a 3rd year player.  If you mean in an individual game then I say "hang on, the best Qbs have abysmal individual games"....you meant for the season & I believe...all things considered his actual numbers this season(overall) are not abysmal....they are in fact in the 'average' bracket.  His play leaves a lot to be desired but I'm afraid you cannot use the stats to back the point.

831409[/snapback]

I don't think that Losman's numbers, if we're going to continue to debate just "numbers", are so solidly in the "average bracket" as you describe. Some of them are "below average" for a 32 team NFL, especially with several teams not having had their starting QB play for the bulk of the season, and I don't know that any of them are "above average". For example, Yards per Game is at the bottom of the League - which is a measure of our ability to sustain offense. JP is also near the bottom in sacks per game, and is dead last (at least among the regular starters I looked at) in sack yards per game. How many times have we seen JP Losman hold onto the ball too long and give up an 11 yard sack? How many field goal scoring drives of negative yards have we seen?

Again, if you just want to debate numbers, I prefer to look at the portfolio of game. I think that problem is that when JP Losman puts together a bad game, he puts together a game where he literally accomplishes almost nothing. Only Chad Pennington and Alex Smith seemed to have similar numerically bad games from the examples you provided. Additionally, JP Losman has not, as of yet, put together a great game - a game where he showed that if needbe he could keep us alive on the strength of his arm.

And finally, whatever one concludes about the numbers, I think that sometimes you just need to watch our offense in action. Time and time again, we just can't get anything going, and our passing game consists of avoiding mid-range passes, and either running WR screens, swing passes, and quick slants; dumping it off to the fullback (how many times did we see that on Sunday?); and then occasionally chucking it deep and hoping that Losman can hit somebody. I'm sorry, but that is just not an "average" passing offense that we are watching.... kudos to Dick Jauron though for managing things to get a few of the passing numbers look respectable.

JDG

Can anybody remember this much gloom after a Bills victory? My memory is admittedly cloudy and not what it used to be, but I just can't recall this type of reaction after a win for the Buffalo Bills.

The only explanation that comes to mind is that JP was SO bad, that his dismal performance caused concern for his future as an NFL quarterback, and even the short term future of the franchise in terms of reaching the playoffs.

What's up?  :lol:

826956[/snapback]

An excellent question, Bill. It's too bad that what started off as a good thread managed to turn into a Losman debate. On the other hand, we need to debate Losman somewhere, and it's not like the topic's come up elsewhere on TSW. <_<

To answer your question, Green Bay came into the game with a losing record. They moved the ball up and down the field seemingly at will; whereas the Bills' offense looked ineffective and boring.

On the one hand, the way we won the game gives almost no hope for future wins. If we only pass for 100 yards next week, if we allow nearly 300 passing yards to the other team's QB; do you honestly think we'll win that way? Maybe, but not likely. Add to that the fact that Green Bay had more rushing yards than us, and it's a truly uninspiring win.

So this win created a feeling of pessimism about how we'll do the rest of the year; while at the same time hurting us in the draft. Whether your focus is on doing well this year, or doing well next year; it's a pretty depressing win.

So this win created a feeling of pessimism about how we'll do the rest of the year; while at the same time hurting us in the draft. Whether your focus is on doing well this year, or doing well next year; it's a pretty depressing win.

831869[/snapback]

I confess that I used to feel this way to an extent. Now, I no longer concern myself with draft position until after the season, nor do I get as upset as I used to in general. The 06 draft took much wind from my sails. ;)

Truthfully, I was wasting my time, and the last 2 seasons were proof. Really, do you care if we get our first round corner in the 07 draft with the 6 slot or the 12 slot?

Otoh, a Bills win always brings me cheer. This last one was weird to say the least, but it still was a Bills win. A win tomorrow will hurt our 07 draft in terms of selecting early, but I hope that Schobel kicks Manning's whining, candy ass. I hope that JP throws for 4 TDs, and leads us to victory.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I confess that I used to feel this way to an extent. Now, I no longer concern myself with draft position until after the season, nor do I get as upset as I used to in general. The 06 draft took much wind from my sails.  ;)

Truthfully, I was wasting my time, and the last 2 seasons were proof. Really, do you care if we get our first round corner in the 07 draft with the 6 slot or the 12 slot?

Otoh, a Bills win always brings me cheer. This last one was weird to say the least, but it still was a Bills win. A win tomorrow will hurt our 07 draft in terms of selecting early, but I hope that Schobel kicks Manning's whining, candy ass. I hope that JP throws for 4 TDs, and leads us to victory.

832657[/snapback]

I've never understood the "root for my team to lose so we can get a better pick". I'd much rather have a win and a lower pick.

plus, you are messing with karma and the football gods pulling that kind of crap. pulling that will always come back to bite you in the ass.

I confess that I used to feel this way to an extent. Now, I no longer concern myself with draft position until after the season, nor do I get as upset as I used to in general. The 06 draft took much wind from my sails.  ;)

832657[/snapback]

I feel your pain. In fact, if I had to make a bet on which position Marv will draft next year in the first round, it'd be CB. :lol:

That said, it really stinks to watch the Bills get just enough wins to lose out on the D'Brickashaw Fergusons and Julius Peppers and Carson Palmers of the draft. I'd rather go 1-15, 1-15, 8-8, 12-4, 14-2; than go 3-13, 8-8, 6-10, 9-7, 5-11.