What's up with the lame player signs by the end

LabattBlue

I am assuming these signs were put in place by the Bills organization.  My personal favorite...

COY'S SOLDIERS!  :lol:  :lol:

817650[/snapback]

What's wrong with Coy's Soldiers? When the wind is blowing the ball of the tee, who would you rater have holding it than Coy Wire?

I am assuming these signs were put in place by the Bills organization.  My personal favorite...

COY'S SOLDIERS!  <_<  :angry:

817650[/snapback]

Back when I used to live up north I used to notice signs that said "Washington's Generals" (or something like that). These were underprivileged kids that couldn't afford to go to games and were given tickets by Ted Washington.

I don't know if this is the same type of deal but wouldn't be surprised.

What's wrong with Coy's Soldiers?  When the wind is blowing the ball of the tee, who would you rater have holding it than Coy Wire?

817664[/snapback]

Well it has been at least 4 days since everyone completely hated on Coy Wire.

Here, I'll give it a try:

Coy Wire looks like a waterhead http://buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=47134

817650[/snapback]

I thought of a few myself:

Roscoe's R-tards

Tim's Ginger Kids

Willis' Biological Children (23 to be exact)

Nate's Illiterates

A friend of mine used to have seasons in "Leonard's Corner" in the upper deck, and Leonard Smith used to fire footballs up there before and after the games. It was a rowdy time.

I know I saw the "Skid Row" sign up last Sunday in the scoreboard end zone. That one is a classic.

817650[/snapback]

Listen children to a story that was written long ago

'bout a kingdom on a mountain and the valley folk below.

On the mountain was a treasure buried deep beneath a stone,

and the valley people swore they'd have it for their very own.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend.

Do it in the name of heaven, justify it in the end.

There won't be any trumpets blowin' come the judgment day

on the bloody morning after one Coy soldier rides away.

So the people of the valley sent a message up the hill

asking for the buried treasure, tons of gold for which they'd kill.

Came an answer from the kingdom: "With our brothers we will share

all the secrets of our mountain, all the riches buried there."

Now the valley cried with anger; mount your horses, draw your sword,

and they killed the mountain people, so they won their just reward.

Now they stood beside the treasure on the mountain, dark and red,

turned the stone and looked beneath it. "Peace on earth" was all it said.

Those names sound more like they are for the players charity organisations. Alot of players have charities they give tickets to for the games, and they probably come up with some name to call the charity.

If not, might we have found the elusive "Coy Wire Fan"? I heard they were endangered (and protected by the WWF) if not extinct?

If it is for a charity, don't you think these kids are suffering enough, now you have to send them to a Bills game? as Coy Wires guests? They probably tell the kids they are on their way to watch the Sabres and then drop them off at RWS. Kind of like tricking your kids inot going to the dentist by telling them they are going to Disney Land. Man that still hurts to this day <_<

I am still waiting to see the "I love Dick" sign. I guess nobody likes the guy yet.

817770[/snapback]

I saw a well-endowed hottie wearing a shirt that said in large letters over her ample boobage:

I <heart> Dick

then down near her navel it said in small letters

(Jauron)

<_<:angry:

Has anyone seen the Batavia Party Zone?  I haven't caught it on TV, is it still there?  Have they stopped partying in Batavia?

817779[/snapback]

It's on the sideline wall, behind the visitors, so I think that may be why you haven't seen it.

If not, might we have found the elusive "Coy Wire Fan"? I heard they were endangered (and protected by the WWF) if not extinct?

817808[/snapback]

For the season opener, I was in Harrisburg, PA. So, I had to watch the game in a sports bar downtown. Just as the game is about to start, of all things, a guy comes in with a Coy Wire jersey on. I almost choked on my beer. Anyhow, that's what I remeber thinking at the time..... I think I just found the world's last Coy Wire fan hiding out in a bar in Harrisburg, PA.

COY'S SOLDIERS!  :P  :lol:

817650[/snapback]

No, no, you missed it. It's not "Coy's Soldiers". It's "Coy's SOULDIERS". As in "soul". My guess is it has something to do with some sort of born-again crap. I find it about as irritating as some idiot who gets down on one knee and crosses himself in the end zone in front of 70,000 fans in the stadium and 5,000,000 viewers on TV....because he can. Get over it. The NFL needs a few more Barry Sanders in this league. Score the touchdown, hand the ball to the official, and get off the damn field.

And how much am I loving Marvin Lewis telling Chad Johnson to cut the crap? :lol:

No, no, you missed it.  It's not "Coy's Soldiers".  It's "Coy's SOULDIERS".  As in "soul".  My guess is it has something to do with some sort of born-again crap.  I find it about as irritating as some idiot who gets down on one knee and crosses himself in the end zone in front of 70,000 fans in the stadium and 5,000,000 viewers on TV....because he can.  Get over it.  The NFL needs a few more Barry Sanders in this league.  Score the touchdown, hand the ball to the official, and get off the damn field.

And how much am I loving Marvin Lewis telling Chad Johnson to cut the crap? :lol:

819369[/snapback]

Coy's a real big Christianity advocate/preacher/whatever you want to call him. I think devout would be the word I'm looking for.

Back when I used to live up north I used to notice signs that said "Washington's Generals" (or something like that). These were underprivileged kids that couldn't afford to go to games and were given tickets by Ted Washington.

I don't know if this is the same type of deal but wouldn't be surprised.

817752[/snapback]

You're right.

From Bills Digest, Vol.1, No. 4 (10/08/06), p.26:

Buffalo Bills Player Ticket Program

"This year the Buffalo Bills launched the Community Ticket Donation Program with the players and coaches. The program provides community groups and school children the opportunity to attend a Buffalo Bills home game as the guest of one of the Buffalo Bills players or coaches. The guests are given game tickets along with a food and beverage voucher from the players. In recognition of the group and the players' donation, there are banners along the ringwall and an announcement welcoming the guests on the JumboTron.

Some of the players who have participated this season include Nate Clements, Andre Davis, Terrence McGee, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Robert Royal, Aaron Schobel, Anthony Thomas, Chris Villarrial, and Coy Wire. These players have stepped up to make a difference for many kids, bringing a combined total of almost 200 community guests to every Buffalo Bills home game.

The program has extended this unique opportunity to community organizations such as Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Buffalo, Northwest Buffalo Community Center, Carly's Club, Stone's Buddies, The Ronald McDonald House, Salvation Army Youth Services as well as many other charitable groups."

Some other signs that have been in the stadium include 'Reed's Stampede' and 'McGee's Mob'. Somehow, I doubt that these appreciative kids think these signs are lame or stupid. :lol:

Some other signs that have been in the stadium include 'Reed's Stampede' and 'McGee's Mob'. Somehow, I doubt that these appreciative kids think these signs are lame or stupid.  <_<

819537[/snapback]

Yes it is too easy to make cheap shots which is why so many do it rather than trying to help out some of the kids in the area.

For the season opener, I was in Harrisburg, PA.  So, I had to watch the game in a sports bar downtown.  Just as the game is about to start, of all things, a guy comes in with a Coy Wire jersey on.  I almost choked on my beer.  Anyhow, that's what I remeber thinking at the time.....  I think I just found the world's last Coy Wire fan hiding out in a bar in Harrisburg, PA.

817948[/snapback]

More likely, you "found" a friend or relative of Coy's, seeing as how he lists Camp Hill as his hometown and attended Cedar Cliff HS.

And yeah, those 'lame' signs honoring various players' charitable endeavors are really terrible, aren't they? <_<