Observations from Sectio 336 from yesterday

We made our yearly trek with 16 friends and family to the game ... and here are some thoughts from yesterday:

1) thinking as we stood in the rain, cooking our lunch as the jug of coco exploded and was everywhere .. not a good omen

2) as we were about to go in and noticed one of the tires was almost flat - not a good omen

3) Got to our seat sand wondered if we were at the right game - seemed like half the people had NE stuff on - not a good omen

4) Watched the bills implode with bad plays and NE being NE

5) More people yelling for NE than the Bills around us - even had a chant going a couple of times - talk about no respect at an away game - not that we deserve any

6) Watched 3 guys two rows ahead of us get busted for smoking dope ... and all 3 covered head to toe in Bills gear ... NE guy sitting across the aisle stands up and yells ... "Go Bills" as they leave with the cops - was funny !

7) get to the car .. will not start .. need a jump .. and limp out looking for air for the tire ...

Now makes the 5th straight lose we have attended .. none close .. all disappointing. I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ... and it is not much. You watch NE and if you do not realize the HUGE gap between the two just open your eyes. We are in the bottom 5 teams and getting worse.

Yuck !

I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ...

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]

that's the most pathetic part of everything... when the fans go through the motions, its never good. I barely remember the 2-14 years, but i do remember passion. the passion is definitely dormant now!

that's the most pathetic part of everything...  when the fans go through the motions, its never good.  I barely remember the 2-14 years, but i do remember passion.  the passion is definitely dormant now!

813756[/snapback]

I was at a game in the 3-13 years - the close game against the Panthers (one of the only teams worse then us that year).

I was going mental cheering and yelling. Most Bills fans were so Blah.

Wish people in the stadium would quit being so fricken metrosexual about it all, grow a pair, and start going wild for the Bills - whatever the outcome.

Wish people in the stadium would quit being so fricken metrosexual about it all, grow a pair, and start going wild for the Bills - whatever the outcome.

813777[/snapback]

Dude, you're a nutcase. You fly across an ocean to see a hideous football team play. Most of the people in the stands that year were locals, and really, can you blame them for not caring?

So what is the answer. I feel your pain believe me because I have been in situations like yours. What a crappy feeling. Its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Times are tough. Even on the global scene. Bush and the war etc.

A couple of wins in a row is all we can hope to wake up to. Its about being a fan and boy being a Bills fan is getting to be work.

Dude, you're a nutcase. You fly across an ocean to see a hideous football team play. Most of the people in the stands that year were locals, and really, can you blame them for not caring?

813779[/snapback]

hahaha - i AM a nutcase. Any opportunity I get to come out there I take it... Not real easy to pick good years out when you have to buy flights up to 18months in advance to afford it.

There is still passion in the stadium. I am not going to be able to speak for a week. But it seems like the crowd gives up at the first sign of adversity. Granted the team has not performed well, but it sucks when the fans fold faster than superman on laundry day. You have to believe there is a chance or what is the point of going?

There is still passion in the stadium.  I am not going to be able to speak for a week.  But it seems like the crowd gives up at the first sign of adversity.  Granted the team has not performed well, but it sucks when the fans fold faster than superman on laundry day.  You have to believe there is a chance or what is the point of going?

813787[/snapback]

You go to see friends, and have a tailgate. You certainly don't go to see a football game.

Let's put it this way...remember the last time the Bills overcame adversity to win? I don't either. How can you expect the fans to think they will?

You go to see friends, and have a tailgate. You certainly don't go to see a football game.

Let's put it this way...remember the last time the Bills overcame adversity to win? I don't either. How can you expect the fans to think they will?

813788[/snapback]

Agreed, the tailgate is the best part. But we took someone to the game for their first nfl experience and the whole stadium feels different. No cheering, hi-fives, first down signs. I didnt even hear one pittsburgh sucks chant. If the team is gonna suck we might as well party down like the bills fans that we used to be.

Agreed, the tailgate is the best part.  But we took someone to the game for their first nfl experience and the whole stadium feels different.  No cheering, hi-fives, first down signs. I didnt even hear one pittsburgh sucks chant.  If the team is gonna suck we might as well party down like the bills fans that we used to be.

813792[/snapback]

LOL

THEY SCORED 6 POINTS and gave up a touchdown on the first drive of the game. How the hell's anyone supposed to cheer that kind of effort? I love how people criticize the FANS of the team. Guess what? The asshats on the field are supposed to give the fans something to cheer for, and they don't.

We made our yearly trek with 16 friends and family to the game ... and here are some thoughts from yesterday:

1) thinking as we stood in the rain, cooking our lunch as the jug of coco exploded and was everywhere .. not a good omen

2) as we were about to go in and noticed one of the tires was almost flat - not a good omen

3) Got to our seat sand wondered if we were at the right game - seemed like half the people had NE stuff on - not a good omen

5) More people yelling for NE than the Bills around us - even had a chant going a couple of times - talk about no respect at an away game - not that we deserve any

6) Watched 3 guys two rows ahead of us get busted for smoking dope ... and all 3 covered head to toe in Bills gear ... NE guy sitting across the aisle stands up and yells ... "Go Bills" as they leave with the cops - was funny !

7) get to the car .. will not start .. need a jump .. and limp out looking for air for the tire ...

Now makes the 5th straight lose we have attended .. none close .. all disappointing. I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ... and it is not much. You watch NE and if you do not realize the HUGE gap between the two just open your eyes. We are in the bottom 5 teams and getting worse.

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]

This is exactly the reason I will NEVER go to a Bills vs. Patsies game in Buffalo again. Because A-hole season ticket holders think about making the almighty buck rather that have actual Bills fans in the seats , they would rather sell all of their ticket to A-hole Pats fans. It is the same every year. You show up hoping to enjoy a game and end up so pissed off at the Patsie fans cellabrating in your face that you want to kill someone... When will it end ????

This is exactly the reason I will NEVER go to a Bills vs. Patsies game in Buffalo again. Because A-hole season ticket holders think about making the almighty buck rather that have actual Bills fans in the seats , they would rather sell all of their ticket to A-hole Pats fans. It is the same every year. You show up hoping to enjoy a game and end up so pissed off at the Patsie fans cellabrating in your face that you want to kill someone... When will it end ????

813813[/snapback]

When we start winning and they start losing.

I was at a game in the 3-13 years - the close game against the Panthers (one of the only teams worse then us that year).

I was going mental cheering and yelling.  Most Bills fans were so Blah.

813777[/snapback]

Nick, I think it's cool as hell that you trek over here to watch our team(yeah they suck but they're still our team). Don't take Joesixpack's comments to heart. He's basically what you know over there as an "ugly american". And I agree there is a different kind of fan at the games these days- folks that look like they should be in their living rooms and not at the game - but whatever. The Bills will be back so keep your game tradition going. Too bad you have to buy airfare so far in advance though, as I'd recommend avoiding any NE game in the near future. A game against a bad team would probably be more competitive. And also have more Bills fans in the stadium as there wouldn't be much of a scalpers market for opposing fans to attend our game. NE is the worst because cheap Buffalonians would rather scalp tickets than allow fans of their home team to buy them. Hence the stadium full of Patsies. :P

813813[/snapback]

When the Bills stop allowing season ticket holders to buy "extra" tickets to home games before they go on sale to the public. As soon as that started the amount of enemy fans buying tickets on ebay and stubhub increased tenfold. :P

Jug of freaking coco???? There better have been something in that coco....otherwise it would appear that your karma is the main cause for our loss yesterday! You could have at least lied and said it was a jug of Shine or something...now the cloud is clearly hanging over your head!!! Thanks for nothing!!!!!

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]

There is no emotion because this team is unwatchable right now.

814136[/snapback]

Keep in mind that the last 3 weeks we have played the two teams in the Super Bowl this year. And between them have a single loss I think. we've never looked well against Super Bowl teams. Even when we was one...

Bye week next week, and we are realitivly healthy. Still have lots more football to go.

The team ain't all that good. We knew it coming in. They're about what we thought at this stretch. Only the Detroit game was a bummer, really.

It really ain't all that bad>>>>

When the Bills stop allowing season ticket holders to buy "extra" tickets to home games before they go on sale to the public. As soon as that started the amount of enemy fans buying tickets on ebay and stubhub increased tenfold.

814127[/snapback]

That's absurd. Put them up for public consumption and the scalpers wouldn't even need a pair of STs for early entry. Plus the "enemy" fans could buy them from the Bill's directly at cost and afford to buy even more.

Every year there are plenty of STHs that offer to buy tickets at cost for board members. Buy a sh!tload and sell them at cost if you are such a hometown hero. I'll sell you my extra season Titans tickets currently on StubHub for $45 for the $38 net price. I expect a dead silence.

There are also plenty of tickets for sale on the Trading Post for cost or below. Doesn't help when ingrates complain that "at cost" includes the pre-season cost. Originaly joined the board to sell excess seasons and when it became clear that it was folly tried to offer them for less than net profit from StubHub prior to listing them and still got no takers. Gave up on the cheap SOB's on the board years ago.

Every year the demand for tickets is not by schedule but by time of year. Fair weather fans go in Sep and Oct and then demand drops. There are sell-outs but only because a Bills Ticket is the biggest bargain in the league and corporate buy-outs are still necessary at times. Didn't like being surrounded by the patsie SOBs either (and no I didn't sell to one, personally I'll lose profit before I sell a pats or fins ticket to an opponent fan) but if enemy fans think the seats are more valuable than "loyal" fans like you than more power to them.

i havent read this whole thread, but i wanted to make this comment on the home crowd in Buffalo.

i started going to games with my dad when i was 8 years old in 1987. we've been season ticket holders since and i hadnt missed a home game until this year since im now living in Atlanta.

but what ive seen over the years is a progression AWAY from blue-collar die hard Bills fans and TOWARDS families and businesses.

i remember watching drunken fools slide headfirst down the mud hills leading to the lower level. Were they drunk? yes. Were they rowdy? yes Were they the type of fans that helped make Rich Stadium the House of Noise back in the early 90s? Yes.

Were they the type of "fans" that sat down in front of us at last years home opener and asked us if they were going to be able to see Flutie play? NO.

Are there any LESS fights with those rough and tumble fans not there anymore? NO

but concessions are probably up, and merch is probably up, and seat prices(while lowest in the league) are up...

and thats all i have to say about that.

but what ive seen over the years is a progression AWAY from blue-collar die hard Bills fans and TOWARDS families and businesses.

814541[/snapback]

Exactly! Walk in from lot 5 and notice the difference once you pass from the lava lots into the club seating lots. Bud vs Perrier.

i remember watching drunken fools slide headfirst down the mud hills leading to the lower level.  Were they drunk? yes.  Were they rowdy? yes Were they the type of fans that helped make Rich Stadium the House of Noise back in the early 90s? Yes.

814541[/snapback]

I want that back.

I plan on getting seasons next year regardless.

Watching King of the Hill en route to another Super Bowl.

Man that was beautiful.

814917[/snapback]

Man, you guys are lucky.

I was born in '90, not old enough to know what was going on.

Can you all describe to me, just how crazy Rich was back in 88-94?

I would really appreciate it!

it was the most glorious place i as a 13 year old boy, or anyone else i guess, could ever imagine.

i remember being 9 or so when Smerlas blocked a FG and we beat the jets and clinched the division. Everyone was going to run onto the field so people started filtering down. it was such chaos, my dad didnt think id actually want to go ON TO the field so he walked us down to the edge so i could get a closer look. the guys helping people over the wall just assumed if i was there i must want to go. before we knew it i was hoisted up and over the wall and BOOM im on the field. in the middle of 80,000 drunk, crazy fans who were trying to tear down the goal posts.

my dad freaked out immediately until he saw that in the middle of all the chaos, every drunk, crazy guy arond me was clearing a way for me and keeping me protected.

Even though they looked the part of the rowdy dangerous fans, everyone back then had class. enough at least to know where certain lines laid.

Next time park at HAMMER'S LOT where you could have used one of my 4 air compressors or 3 sets of jumper cables or I could have directed you to a place that has nice warm water to help in your clean up.

The team ain't all that good. We knew it coming in. They're about what we thought at this stretch. Only the Detroit game was a bummer, really.

It really ain't all that bad>>>>

814255[/snapback]

I agree.. If we all went back to our original predicitions, we should have won the

game against the Jets and lost to the dolphins....and beat the lions, but many probably did not have us beating the vikes.

When the Bills stop allowing season ticket holders to buy "extra" tickets to home games before they go on sale to the public. As soon as that started the amount of enemy fans buying tickets on ebay and stubhub increased tenfold.  ;)

814127[/snapback]

...and that is also how TBD was able to get about 130 seats together. 0:)

It is not all bad, but is is true that most of the charter lines and eBay scalpers really use this method a lot.

I really cannot "look down" at a season ticket holder who sells SOME game tickets, to be able to afford to go to more games, in a section and seat that they WANT to be in.

One game we were beating the Dolphins by something like 28-0 and the upper deck was actually ROCKING !

Also, back when fans knew when to use the wave, I remember the roar being like a physical force.

It really was fun. Post game, we started up the fires, and made another batch of chicken or chili, or whatever we had.

The drunks were not any worse than they are today, either. ;)

Man, you guys are lucky.

I was born in '90, not old enough to know what was going on.

Can you all describe to me, just how crazy Rich was back in 88-94?

I would really appreciate it!

814957[/snapback]

it was the most glorious place i as a 13 year old boy, or anyone else i guess, could ever imagine.

i remember being 9 or so when Smerlas blocked a FG and we beat the jets and clinched the division.  Everyone was going to run onto the field so people started filtering down.  it was such chaos, my dad didnt think id actually want to go ON TO the field so he walked us down to the edge so i could get a closer look.  the guys helping people over the wall just assumed if i was there i must want to go. before we knew it i was hoisted up and over the wall and BOOM im on the field.  in the middle of 80,000 drunk, crazy fans who were trying to tear down the goal posts.

my dad freaked out immediately until he saw that in the middle of all the chaos, every drunk, crazy guy arond me was clearing a way for me and keeping me protected.

Even though they looked the part of the rowdy dangerous fans, everyone back then had class. enough at least to know where certain lines laid.

815166[/snapback]

One game we were beating the Dolphins by something like 28-0 and the upper deck was actually ROCKING !

Also, back when fans knew when to use the wave, I remember the roar being like a physical force.

It really was fun. Post game, we started up the fires, and made another batch of chicken or chili, or whatever we had.

The drunks were not any worse than they are today, either.  :blink:

815520[/snapback]

Thanks to both of you.

Seeing the crowd on '91 highlights is getting old.

I want(ed) some actual stories from Rich.

:(

813777[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better.

Of course, I was at the Bears/Cards game yelling my head off with the cards fans and the Cards still choked. I was wearing my Bills gear and yelling for the Cards. What has the world come to?