Did it matter that we scored the TD?

Just wondering what others think about it. Personally I was glad to see Jauron keep JP in and the turnover and touchdown pass. I think it was a little moral victory for the Bills and JP. It's bad to get whooped, but worse to not even score.

Some will say it didn't matter, as it was "mop up" time, but I got the sense the Bears really wanted the shutout. Their fans were up and cheering big time, and after the TD pass there appeared to be some PO'd looks on the Bears sidelines.

You're right.  It's very subtle, but I thought it was very important that DJ kept JP in.  You can mess up a young QB, just like last year, by pulling him in a game like this.  Good pickup.

799419[/snapback]

And with the way the media clings to controversy, things might have gotten messy if we switched quarterbacks and Nall or Holcomb came in and looked good. I don't want anyone calling for a quarterback change at this point, as Losman needs more time to be evaluated fairly. Its garbage time, just leave our young QB in there and let him gain another posession worth of experience.

Just wondering what others think about it.  Personally I was glad to see Jauron keep JP in and the turnover and touchdown pass.  I think it was a little moral victory for the Bills and JP.  It's bad to get whooped, but worse to not even score. 

Some will say it didn't matter, as it was "mop up" time, but I got the sense the Bears really wanted the shutout.  Their fans were up and cheering big time, and after the TD pass there appeared to be some PO'd looks on the Bears sidelines.

799288[/snapback]

The fact is that there are no moral victories in this game. We didn't show up to play today and we paid for it. We got smoked.

No moral victories today.

The fact is that there are no moral victories in this game.  We didn't show up to play today and we paid for it.  We got smoked. 

No moral victories today.

799432[/snapback]

I actually think there ARE moral victories when you have a young, inexperienced team....I'm not saying the score at the end of the game WAS one, but I think they exist.

That was the first touchdown scored on Chicago at Soldiers Field in over a year.  You don't think that was a streak Chicago was trying hard to keep alive?  That says something.

Good point. I disagree with those that say it was "garbage time" since the Bears have been playing a full 60 minutes on defense for most of the last 2 years, trying to shutdown their opponents.

Sure it did. I was playing the guy with the Bears D in my fantasy league yesterday. Big points for a shutout!

Seriously, yes it is good. Shows that they kept fighting.

This game is a throw away and should not be over analyzed. The Bears might be the class of the league and once they got rolling over an undermatched and inexperienced Billls team, it was going to be ugly. The success or failure of the sesason will have little to do with yesterday's result.

That was the first touchdown scored on Chicago at Soldiers Field in over a year.  You don't think that was a streak Chicago was trying hard to keep alive?  That says something.

799307[/snapback]

Your right ! That was no TD in garbage time. The defense was fighting like mad to stop it. They wanted the shutout bad. Kudos to JP and the offense and Peerless Price for getting the TD.

I thought it was huge to score that TD. Why? It showed me that even though they were down by 40, they cared enough to still TRY. Last year they would ahve just rolled up in the corner and cried.

799593[/snapback]

Yes. You've got to play hard for 60 minutes regardless. If you lose, and the coaches see poor effort from players (even late in the game) when reviewing the tape, those players are in trouble.

I thought it was huge to score that TD. Why? It showed me that even though they were down by 40, they cared enough to still TRY. Last year they would ahve just rolled up in the corner and cried.

799593[/snapback]

this is not exactly true. they were down 35-0 v. the pats last year, and scored at the end on a great individual effort by josh reed.

Your right ! That was no TD in garbage time. The defense was fighting like mad to stop it. They wanted the shutout bad. Kudos to JP and the offense and Peerless Price for getting the TD.

799621[/snapback]

Unless I totally missed it I beleive it was Lee Evans who had the TD

Just wondering what others think about it.  Personally I was glad to see Jauron keep JP in and the turnover and touchdown pass.  I think it was a little moral victory for the Bills and JP.   It's bad to get whooped, but worse to not even score. 

Some will say it didn't matter, as it was "mop up" time, but I got the sense the Bears really wanted the shutout.  Their fans were up and cheering big time, and after the TD pass there appeared to be some PO'd looks on the Bears sidelines.

799288[/snapback]

Of course it friggin matters!

Could factor into a tie breaker come playoff time.

I think "worst ass whipping" comes into play after divisional play and head to head are used.

As a fan it mattered to me. I kept saying to myself, please don't give up, don't give them the shut out. It was obvious that we were not going to win, but that touchdown made ME as a fan feel a little better. I know it is somewhat a moot point, but good on the Bills for not giving up and getting that score. It is just something they had to do.

BTW, did you see the Jets score, ah that also made me feel a little better <_<

It also helped my FFL team with a 13 pt swing.

I had Evans and by opponent had the Chicago D.    <_<

799649[/snapback]

I have our "D" for my team, it was -3 pts due to the score this week.I have Evans and it helped with his 94 yds and TD, it gave me 15 pts.

It's good to see us break their home record.

According to Bummer Esiason..it was a "garbage touchdown,"

he then added..another poor performance from JP Losman...

Why is he so critical of the Bills.....I wonder if maybe his wife tossed JP's salad last year or something????

I wonder if he remembers the year he guaranteed the buttholes would go to the Superbowl & win it and then missed the playooffs..or when he got fired from MNF...and got replaced by a comedian.

Or the fact that he has a job broadcasting is a result of his father being a big time old school TV man...the kind without the set of ultimate tools...just a tool name Boomer.

As the Diceman would say "HERES TO YOU BOOMER...SUCKIN MY DICK."

According to Bummer Esiason..it was a "garbage touchdown,"

he then added..another poor performance from JP Losman...

Why is he so critical of the Bills.....I wonder if maybe his wife tossed JP's salad last year or something????

I wonder if he remembers the year he guaranteed the buttholes would go to the Superbowl & win it  and then missed the playooffs..or when he got fired from MNF...and got replaced by a comedian.

Or the fact that he has a job broadcasting is a result of his father being a big time old school TV man...the kind without the set of ultimate tools...just a tool name Boomer.

As the Diceman would say "HERES TO YOU BOOMER...SUCKIN MY DICK."

800230[/snapback]

What did Norman have to say about the Jets yesterday, specifically Chad's performance? :lol: