Coach Jauron On Sirius Now!

Whats he saying?

796578[/snapback]

Here ya go.....

1) Praised the progress of JP.

2) Stated that he is primarily a defensive coach.

3) Said that the defense and STs are vital in terms of helping JP.

4) Stressed Bills running game against the Cover 2.

5) Praised Bears D.

6) Big time kudos for Nate Clements. (I agree)

7) Said that the OL will miss CV. (perils of a thin, under-talented OL I suppose).

8) Now the good news.....TKO HAS PRACTICED FOR 2 STRAIGHT DAYS!!!! But, Coach Jauron states that he will NOT press the issue because he doesn't want him to make his injury worse.

9) Praised Evans big time!

10) Wants to keep the nucleus of the team long term.

FYI

Thx for the update Bill.  I received a Bills' text message that CV and Bowen did not practice, and my first thought was "so TKO did?"  Glad I was right.

796603[/snapback]

I left something out......

It is clear how smart he truly is as a Yale Grad.

My daughter is a Dartmouth Grad, and I think that she is WAY smarter. :D:D:D:D:D

Gotta throw in a shout out to my baby! ;)

Really? Anything specific? It seems like Clements has disappeared for the last 2 years, but maybe the coaches see it differently.

796614[/snapback]

Maybe he disappeared because nobody wants to test him.

I figured he was as good as gone after the season. Cover 2 defenses traditionally won't break the bank for corners. The markets way to inflated at that position and the cover 2 corner usually just has zone responsibilities. Maybe we make Nate the exception, but I'm still pissed we gave away our leverage by promising not to franchise him. Since when is it a sound strategy to let the player hold all the cards? Even if it would have made some headlines during the off-season, Nate is valuable commodity for us, and this was a bad move by the Bills front office. If we could only let TD do our staring contests and nothing more.

What makes you think cover 2 corners aren't a high priority position? Because they play zone?. If it was strictly a zone defense Id be hard pressed to agree with that stance. I also might agree if Cover 2 teams didn't invest heavily in the back 7. Take a look for instance at the bears who have drafted- Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Daniel Manning, and traded for Ricky Manning Jr, not to mention Devin Hester. Yes they upgraded their dline with ogun, and drafting of tommie harris, ian scott, alex brown, mark edwards etc etc, but they still invested heavily in db's. I think good corners are vital to the system, and it does matter who you plug back there, however in the cover 2 it seems you need more exceptional depth at corner and secondary in general since it is a pass defense then you would in a 4-3 man to man or any other kind of defense. The colts have also drafted donald strickland, jason david, marlin jackson, kelvin hayden, as well as several picks at safety. I'm sure I could go around the league with cover 2 teams and find out they drafted a lot of corners. the examples I used are corners drafted rounds 1-4, the last 4 years for the bears/colts.

Nate Clements has barely even been thrown at this season. No one has tested him deep, and while he is allowing the short stuff as is our entire defense, he has not been beaten at all. He's well worth the money he's getting and a perfect fit for this system. I like ashton youboty a lot, but I'm still holding out hope we can hold onto nate.

If by "intertubes", you mean internet, then yes, they now stream channel 124 online

They mentioned the other day that he's on every Thursday, I wonder if he's on around 3 each week?  If only they streamed the NFL channel through the Intertubes like they do Stern...

796714[/snapback]