Bills injury updates

I wanna know how the guy was a gametime decision as early as a couple weeks ago and now he may not play for ANOTHER 2-3 weeks.

Great comeback Takeo  :devil:

795877[/snapback]

I am training for a marathon and I have a sprained calf muscle for the last 3 weeks. I go for PT. Unfortunately since I continue to run (too close to the

marathon), the calf does not improve as quickly as it would have if I had a

complete 3 weeks of R.I.C.E

Everytime TKO goes out to that field to practice and finishes with a sorer

hamstring, it will take longer to heal....

Jauron was correct in putting TV on the IR....I hope TKO understands now why Jauron made that decision. There is no timetable for these injuries....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he does too, I really want him to also. But i can't help but think of the objective of this regime, which is to make the shift to younger and faster.

Now it is just a thought, probably incorrect, but interesting for speculation purposes. What would be the way to oust a fan favorite like Takeo out of town? Injury would do it, but could it be that they're looking for the fans to turn on him? Maybe start to think that he is lazy and that this team doesn't really need him?

Just a thought, i would love to see him back, and i hope that happens soon.

795889[/snapback]

I don't think TKO and Fletcher are going anywhere....They are going to be

the Veterans (the few ones that we need) that Jauron needs to gel this

young team. My bet is Fletcher signs a cap-friendly deal before next season

to retire as a bill.

Why would people think TKO is finished from a hamstring pull? This stuff happens all the time. He's 29 years old. Ya he is getting a little older but isn't Ray Lewis older? He was hurt one year and he's back now and although he may not be the DPOY, he's still pretty nasty. Muscle pulls take time to recover from. If you come back too soon you seriously risk setting yourself back even more time. He'll come back when he's ready and he'll make plays like he did in the opening game. I dont think there are many better OLB in the league than him. We need him back.

It was an idea. That doesn't mean that i support it, or deny that it could ever happen. Just something to talk about. Unless, you have something better to discuss that doesn't have to do with the Bills or the Bears, or us making the playoffs, or any of the other ideas that are repeatedly posted on this board everyday.

795909[/snapback]

it would strike me as odd that a football coach/gm who judge people by the content of their character would look to oust a player under this scenario. it also would strike me as odd that tko would sit and remain silent, or go along with the company line, if indeed it was a way of getting him out. finally, it strikes me as a guy who put the time, effort, and pain into the rehab period required to even step on the field a yer after the injury would not be held up as an example of the type of character player we want on this team.

seems to me if they wanted him out, they'd sit him down and explain the cold hard facts of business. vincent was a different situation, and i think they gave him an out that allowed him to save face.

I dont want to be the pessimist here, but I really feel the rest of Tko's tenure with the bills is going to be one nagging injury after another. That achilles injure he had was no joke. Factor in his age, & I think he is always going to have some kind of nagging injury. He should stop shooting off his mouth though if he cant back it up. Faster, stronger, better my ass & what he said when we cut vincent still annoys me. Try more injury prone.

Ok , now if the kids in the back of the room would stop fooling around....

Lets go over this once more:

1- TKO suffered, and recovered from an achilles injury to the point where he was ready to play during the regular season.

2- During the first regular season game, TKO suffered a Hamstring injury.

He is now suffering from the effects of the hamstring injury. He is still recovered from the achilles injury.

Do we know at all how hampered/slowed he will be from the achilles injury? No.

These two injuries are not related. He was already to the point (according to the staff and his own account)of not favoring one leg over the other, which has been known to cause secondary injuries.

Cheese and Rice you guys sound really stupid with speculation that Spikes is done. He has a tough injury, he reaggravated it by trying to get back too soon. It takes time to heal a hammy, let go of this moronic speculation, please.

I dont want to be the pessimist here, but I really feel the rest of Tko's tenure with the bills is going to be one nagging injury after another.  That achilles injure he had was no joke.  Factor in his age, & I think he is always going to have some kind of nagging injury.

796427[/snapback]

Does everyone's career end at 29, or just Takeo Spikes?

Interesting that they just announced the Bowen has a break, not a bruise...

They're playing some games there at OBD.

796591[/snapback]

Why don't they put this guy on the IR and sign someone so that we have a body that can play.....Carrying 3 injured players in the 53 man roster is putting lot of pressure on other posiitions like OL.....We really need depth in many positions.

Why don't they put this guy on the IR and sign someone so that we have a body that can play.....Carrying 3 injured players in the 53 man roster is putting lot of pressure on other posiitions like OL.....We really need depth in many positions.

796599[/snapback]

It may be time for that.

Ok , now if the kids in the back of the room would stop fooling around....

Lets go over this once more:

1- TKO suffered, and recovered from an achilles injury to the point where he was ready to play during the regular season.

2- During the first regular season game, TKO suffered a Hamstring injury.

He is now suffering from the effects of the hamstring injury. He is still recovered from the achilles injury.

Do we know at all how hampered/slowed he will be from the achilles injury? No.

These two injuries are not related. He was already to the point (according to the staff and his own account)of not favoring one leg over the other, which has been known to cause secondary injuries.

796495[/snapback]

To say the Hamstring and the Achilles are unrelated is not true. When you watch Spikes walk, you will notice he still has a bit of a hitch in his step, not severe but it's still there. Much like McGahee still had that little hitch his first year back. They say that the primary concern when coming back from the achilles isn't the achilles but the hamstring. It's very common for someone coming back from the surgery to sustain a hammy. I just hope it's not a domino effect where it's one thing after another.

I've been staying out of these injury threads for a while, but want to put my two cents in at this point.

Takeo Spikes is a superstar player, and cornerstone of our team.

He recovered impressively from a incredibly serious injury only to have another mostly unrelated injury sideline him. This should be disappointing to every Bills player and fan who would rather see him on the field due to his tremendous value as a player.

He is young enough to perform at an exceptional level over the next several years if his health permits it, meaning he can be a key piece of our team through the time line that we might hope to carry this core of young players to a Super Bowl win. The fact that he is unable to play so far during this building year hurts our team this season, but does not limit his value to us next season and beyond.

He is clearly very committed to returning from any injury as his Achilles rehab has shown. He is not faking it or taking it easy now, and with excellent professional medical advice he is doing what it takes to get back into playing shape. As a Bills fans I too am frustrated with the one week at a time delays, and cannot wait to get him back on the field. But the biggest and most important thing is getting him back to 100% so he can be the Takeo that we need. If that happens for Sunday great. If it takes another two or three weeks, no problem.

I think this shows why Bills put Vincent on IR - players usually think they can recover faster than they do.  TKO's injury was less severe than Vincent's.

795890[/snapback]

Takeo really looks like an idiot for his complaints about Vincents release now. He's a much younger player and he's going to miss AT LEAST a third of the season with what was seemed like a short term boo-boo of the same nature.