Bills injury updates

http://www.billsdaily.com/injury/

Chris Villarrial suffered an ankle injury against Minnesota and was carted off the field. He did not return and may be out a few weeks. He is officially listed as doubtful but stands really no chance at playing. He did not participate in practice at all on Wednesday. They are no longer calling it a high ankle sprain but saying it is a tendon tissue injury and will need at least a week of rest.

Takeo Spikes is once again listed as questionable on the injury report but he doesn't seem optimistic about his return this week. He said he is getting better but he can't get a good burst yet. He did take part in limited drills on Wednesday and practiced on Thursday.

Robert Royal is listed as questionable with a sore ankle. He played last week and seemed to make it through the game fine. He did not practice on Wednesday but returned to the field on Thursday.

Matt Bowen as it turns out does have a crack in his lower leg. The Bills confirmed that on Thursday and downgraded him from questionable to doubtful. They discovered it was a crack a week after he hurt in the first preseason game against Carolina.

Everyone's favorite topic. :w00t: But I don't see Spikes playing this week or possibly after the bye week.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna know how the guy was a gametime decision as early as a couple weeks ago and now he may not play for ANOTHER 2-3 weeks.

Great comeback Takeo  :w00t:

795877[/snapback]

Give it a rest....you imply he is doing something other than his utmost to come back.

Also, who said 2-3 weeks????

Where did that spring from?

This may sound a little idiotic, and i am sure i will hear it for this, but do you think it is possible that the Bills could be trying to oust Takeo out of Buffalo?

Just a thought.

795884[/snapback]

That's an unusual point. Crowell seems like he the new TKO. Maybe there's no need for Spikes in Buffalo anymore. NO WAY! We need Spikes. I hope he plays soon.

That's an unusual point.  Crowell seems like he the new TKO.  Maybe there's no need for Spikes in Buffalo anymore.  NO WAY!  We need Spikes.  I hope he plays soon.

795887[/snapback]

I hope he does too, I really want him to also. But i can't help but think of the objective of this regime, which is to make the shift to younger and faster.

Now it is just a thought, probably incorrect, but interesting for speculation purposes. What would be the way to oust a fan favorite like Takeo out of town? Injury would do it, but could it be that they're looking for the fans to turn on him? Maybe start to think that he is lazy and that this team doesn't really need him?

Just a thought, i would love to see him back, and i hope that happens soon.

I think this shows why Bills put Vincent on IR - players usually think they can recover faster than they do. TKO's injury was less severe than Vincent's.

We are getting a lot of walking wounded on roster awful early but most of them are older players.

Just when you think it couldn't get dumber, people are railing on TKO, who only got hurt again because of the maximum effort he was expending. Whenever he's healthy, he's healthy. If he's not, I'd rather not see his Bills career end because of some misguided notion that he needs to be ready for even one game sooner than he really is ready.

I'd like to see you pussies try and play Bocce at an all-Pro level after tearing your achilles, much less professional football. We saw on play one that the guy can wreak havoc. I'm staying on his bandwagon.

No one's playing god, but someone's gotta stick up for common sense.

795906[/snapback]

It was an idea. That doesn't mean that i support it, or deny that it could ever happen. Just something to talk about. Unless, you have something better to discuss that doesn't have to do with the Bills or the Bears, or us making the playoffs, or any of the other ideas that are repeatedly posted on this board everyday.

It was an idea. That doesn't mean that i support it, or deny that it could ever happen. Just something to talk about. Unless, you have something better to discuss that doesn't have to do with the Bills or the Bears, or us making the playoffs, or any of the other ideas that are repeatedly posted on this board everyday.

795909[/snapback]

I try to listen most of the time, and speak if I really have something to say. I don't always succeed, but it's a pretty good rule. And if the board is just looking blind dumb, I avoid it.

I think the idea that the Bills could be trying to oust a respected, still productive player like Takeo is rather unfounded. The kind of thing that happened with Vincent is so off-the-charts rare that it was a perfect storm that it happened. Make no mistake that Jauron wants TKO back the moment he is ready. You couldn't say the same for Vincent, especially with the safety depth we had.

As to whether they'll have to revisit his situation in the offseason and draft his replacement, or decide that Ellison's the man, and eventually cut Spikes, it's an unfortunate possibility -- not yet a probability -- yet all that is FAR more likely than the team trying to "oust" him.

I try to listen most of the time, and speak if I really have something to say.  I don't always succeed, but it's a pretty good rule.  And if the board is just looking blind dumb, I avoid it.

I think the idea that the Bills could be trying to oust a respected, still productive player like Takeo is rather unfounded.  The kind of thing that happened with Vincent is so off-the-charts rare that it was a perfect storm that it happened.  Make no mistake that Jauron wants TKO back the moment he is ready.  You couldn't say the same for Vincent, especially with the safety depth we had.

As to whether they'll have to revisit his situation in the offseason and draft his replacement, or decide that Ellison's the man, and eventually cut Spikes, it's an unfortunate possibility -- not yet a probability -- yet all that is FAR more likely than the team trying to "oust" him.

795913[/snapback]

Okay, that works for me.

http://www.billsdaily.com/injury/

Chris Villarrial suffered an ankle injury against Minnesota and was carted off the field. He did not return and may be out a few weeks. He is officially listed as doubtful but stands really no chance at playing. He did not participate in practice at all on Wednesday. They are no longer calling it a high ankle sprain but saying it is a tendon tissue injury and will need at least a week of rest.

Takeo Spikes is once again listed as questionable on the injury report but he doesn't seem optimistic about his return this week. He said he is getting better but he can't get a good burst yet.

Robert Royal is listed as questionable with an ankle injury. He played last week and seemed to make it through the game fine.

Matt Bowen is much improved with his shin injury suffered in the opening preseason game against Carolina but did not play against Minnesota. He did practice all week although he was limited at times. He is much closer to returning to action then he has been before. He is once again listed as questionable.

Everyone's favorite topic. :w00t:  But I don't see Spikes playing this week or possibly after the bye week.

795858[/snapback]

FWIW, KFFL is reporting that Royal and Villarial did not practice and are listed as questionable and doubtful respectively on the Injury report

TKO and Bowens both practiced yesterday and are listed as Questionable

last week TKO practiced Thursday and Wednesday but not Friday

FWIW, KFFL is reporting that Royal and Villarial did not practice and are listed as questionable and doubtful respectively on the Injury report

TKO and Bowens both practiced yesterday and are listed as Questionable

last week TKO practiced Thursday and Wednesday but not Friday

796007[/snapback]

still doubtful to play

he won't play until the second half of the year at the earliest