Something we all say we would do. Dad beats

stevestojan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is appropriate (in my opinion) as long as they have 100% proof/evidence that this guy actually did molest the girl.

The problem is, in the heat of the moment someone could react like that and kill the person, and find out later that it was true (or something like that) then its just murder

So, in addition to the little girl dealing with the molestation, she'll probably spend the next 5 years or so without her father. Guilt will be a heavy burden for her.

So, who has the father really punished in this scenerio?

I worked on a senior mental health unit a while back, and there was this one guy who had been convicted of child molestation when he was younger. He was about 6'4", and looked a little like James Cromwell. Anyway, I've always prided myself on being a "professional" in the work environment, so I just went about my job each day that he was under my care.

During one particular admission, he was beginning to harrass the female staff, often times chasing them out of his room, or just making sexually aggressive remarks. It was when he began to gloat about some of his past endeavors that I really found myself having to keep it under control.

I came into work one night and heard that he had struck one of the other male RNs earlier in the day, so we were to keep a close eye on him. He would come into the work area where we were sitting (myself and another Focker) and sort of slowly walk in front of our desks, and them mimic a threatening gesture like he was going to lunge at me or something.

We had him return to his room, and not five mins later one of the females went screaming down the hall because she was beign chased. I went down to his room, stood in the doorway, and directed him to return to his bed. Now I would be lying if I didnt' know what was going to happen next, but it was the only way I could actually have recourse against this guy. He came into my personal space, gave me a dirty look, and hit me in the mouth. In the process of taking him down to the ground, I pretty much came right up to the point where I was about to cross the line as far as what I could do to him physically. But while I did exhibit restraint, I could feel myself just fuming inside....it was such an intense sense of hatred that I had to leave the floor for about an hour just to calm down. If I had been anywhere other than work, the guy would have needed to be taken to the ER.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm one of the calmest, most patient people they know. But it was clear to me that night that I have a trigger that could really get me in trouble if I don't keep my head about me. God forbid anyone ever harm my niece, or any future daughters I may have. I honestly never realized I was capable of that sort of internal rage.

I worked on a senior mental health unit a while back, and there was this one guy who had been convicted of child molestation when he was younger. He was about 6'4", and looked a little like James Cromwell. Anyway, I've always prided myself on being a "professional" in the work environment, so I just went about my job each day that he was under my care.

During one particular admission, he was beginning to harrass the female staff, often times chasing them out of his room, or just making sexually aggressive remarks. It was when he began to gloat about some of his past endeavors that I really found myself having to keep it under control.

I came into work one night and heard that he had struck one of the other male RNs earlier in the day, so we were to keep a close eye on him. He would come into the work area where we were sitting (myself and another Focker) and sort of slowly walk in front of our desks, and them mimic a threatening gesture like he was going to lunge at me or something.

We had him return to his room, and not five mins later one of the females went screaming down the hall because she was beign chased. I went down to his room, stood in the doorway, and directed him to return to his bed. Now I would be lying if I didnt' know what was going to happen next, but it was the only way I could actually have recourse against this guy. He came into my personal space, gave me a dirty look, and hit me in the mouth. In the process of taking him down to the ground, I pretty much came right up to the point where I was about to cross the line as far as what I could do to him physically. But while I did exhibit restraint, I could feel myself just fuming inside....it was such an intense sense of hatred that I had to leave the floor for about an hour just to calm down. If I had been anywhere other than work, the guy would have needed to be taken to the ER.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm one of the calmest, most patient people they know. But it was clear to me that night that I have a trigger that could really get me in trouble if I don't keep my head about me. God forbid anyone ever harm my niece, or any future daughters I may have. I honestly never realized I was capable of that sort of internal rage.

795797[/snapback]

We all do, man. If we could be sure the Justice "System" was going to take care of the problem, those switches would remain off. If I was the judge and the facts of the case are as they are presented here, I'd give dude some community service and probation. He did a service for everyone out there. I guarantee that piece of sh-- had a list of victims as big as a kindergarten class.

We all do, man.  If we could be sure the Justice "System" was going to take care of the problem, those switches would remain off.  If I was the judge and the facts of the case are as they are presented here, I'd give dude some community service and probation.  He did a service for everyone out there.  I guarantee that piece of sh-- had a list of victims as big as a kindergarten class.

795811[/snapback]

Do these guys usually end up getting hit with a strong sentence, or is it typically pretty lenient? If I were ever in that position, I'd definitely want a jury trial.

You know, not to bring up the prostitution thing again, but have you seen that Dateline "to catch a predator" show? They basically go online pretending to be underage girls, wait until some guy engages them in a discussion, and then invite them to a house under the pretense of sex with the girl. This is a GREAT use of police resources, IMO....they should quit wasting our money trying to catch hookers and spend it trying to catch more of these jerkoffs. Not to mention it makes for some pretty damn interesting television, lol. It's actually pretty scary, cause the last show I saw they had so many guys coming out to the house that they'd have one guy coming in through the garage while they were quietly arresting the previous one who was just leaving :w00t:

If I was the judge and the facts of the case are as they are presented here, I'd give dude some community service

Agreed.

I think holding a parade in his honor would be an appropriate community service.

We all do, man.  If we could be sure the Justice "System" was going to take care of the problem, those switches would remain off.  If I was the judge and the facts of the case are as they are presented here, I'd give dude some community service and probation.  He did a service for everyone out there.  I guarantee that piece of sh-- had a list of victims as big as a kindergarten class.

795811[/snapback]

That is the problem. The justice system doesn't take care of these guys and then they wonder why some take the law in their own hands.

It does remind me of a story (not about rape) but of a jury letting a guy off the hook for a violent outbreak. A man and his wife got into a car accident with this other dude. The wife started yelling at the dude (because it was his fault), and the dude punched out the wife. The husband pulled out a hammer and knocked out the guy close to beating him to death, and yet the jury didn't convict him.

You folks are something else. There's nothing "nice" or "just" about one man beating another man to death over something he MIGHT have done. Like somebody else said, the little girl will now lose her father for a number of years.

It is noble to defend ones' family against an act of depravity; it's another thing completely to serve as judge, jury, and executioner.

We're not barbarians.

You folks are something else.  There's nothing "nice" or "just" about one man beating another man to death over something he MIGHT have done.  Like somebody else said, the little girl will now lose her father for a number of years.

It is noble to defend ones' family against an act of depravity; it's another thing completely to serve as judge, jury, and executioner.

We're not barbarians.

795988[/snapback]

The problem is judging this from the CNN report. There could be a ton of backstory that they aren't reporting (like the guy is a known violent sexual offender) or that his daughter came home with her bleeding with her clothes ripped.

Regardless, it's a hell of alot easier to say you wouldn't do something when you're not actually faced with it.

As far as not being barbarians, that's a copout. You let me know if you ever see an adult do something bad to your kids, and then how you react. Protecting your children is simply instinctive. It's not civilized to stand there and do nothing.

You folks are something else.  There's nothing "nice" or "just" about one man beating another man to death over something he MIGHT have done. 

As far as I'm concerned, that's about the ONLY possible way that I wouldn't follow suit with what this guy did. If I was certain that this guy did as my daughter said he did, it's just a matter of whether the cops picked him up before I got to him.

As far as I'm concerned, that's about the ONLY possible way that I wouldn't follow suit with what this guy did. If I was certain that this guy did as my daughter said he did, it's just a matter of whether the cops picked him up before I got to him.

796111[/snapback]

The guy had a past. Here's video evidence.

You dont !@#$ with family, plain and simple. If that had happend to a female relative of mine, the guy would be lucky if the cops got to him before i did.

Frankly, i'll echo the above sentiments above, that if the justice system actually did something about these disgusting animals, then there'd be no need for individal justice.

We should thank this guy for removing a pedophile from the world. For all we know, he saved someone else's daughter from the same fate as his.