Something we all say we would do. Dad beats

stevestojan

Read this article:

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/719545.html

Does the guy who sexually assaulted this girl deserve to die as well? If you were her father and she told you about what happened, would you go kill the person?

Guess what? The girl made the whole story up (I can't find the article stating that right now... But it was on the news here this morning...).

So all you gung-ho street justice people would've murdered/tortured someone who hadn't done a single thing wrong, based solely on the word of your child. Way to go. :devil:

CW

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a perfect system - but the one currently in place that puts these predators back on the streets time and time again to reoffend is certainly not the answer, nor is "we don't have the money to keep them in jail", which is a gigantic crock of crap.

The system we have is still better than people taking the law into their own hands.

You working on a career as a defense attorney?  If that's the best defense you have, work harder.

Way to twist my words. It's not a defense; it's an example of why you don't jump to conclusions until all the facts are known.

Apparently the father was actually involved in the situation.  Perhaps he had far more reason than our "brilliant" (proven daily) media has put forth.

Perhaps. Good choice of words. Is "perhaps" enough to condone murder?

Nice leap.  What if 20 years from now she commits suicide because she's suffering from PTSD?  Should we try him again?  Sorry, man.  You sexually molest a child, you ought be in a box.

Now you want to convict (or kill) someone based upon a "what if?" That makes even less sense.

I don't think that guy went down there with the intent to murder the guy - it's simply what happened.  Thanks for putting the perfect world spin on a situation NO ONE can actually predict the outcome of.

797262[/snapback]

Funny, but that last comment actually strengthens my point. How can anyone possibly condone -- or even celebrate, as many of you have done -- murder for an act that was not even witnessed? And if you don't "intend" to murder someone, why are you continuing to beat them while they're lying helpless on the ground?

Not that you care what I think, Darin, but I do respect your opinion and believe you're a bright guy. We're definitely on opposite sides of this fence, however. Let's leave it at that.

Do any of you have any idea how many children make claims about being inappropriately touched because they are looking for attention from their parents?

No, how many?

I think a couple of you must have missed the part in AD's initial post where he said......

"If ..... the facts of the case are as they are presented here,"

No, how many?

I think a couple of you must have missed the part in AD's initial post where he said......

"If ..... the facts of the case are as they are presented here,"

797396[/snapback]

The "facts" presented here are that a father interpreted what his 5 year old said as she was molested. That's it - no specifics.

CW

The courts system is not set up to effectively take care of this situation....and pedo's like this take advantage of that.

797222[/snapback]

Thats why we agreed on that course of action. The law protects scumbags.

Am I alone in thinking that convicted pedophiles should be removed of all genitalia and given a forehead brand to easily identify them in the future?

The "facts" presented here are that a father interpreted what his 5 year old said as she was molested.  That's it -  no specifics.

CW

797398[/snapback]

And if in fact she was molested, then I'm glad that sack of sh-- is dead so that he can't assualt any other children.

Then he was 77 and just being a life pig anyway.  :devil:

797423[/snapback]

:lol:

I find it amusing that nobody has commented on the article I posted about the girl who cried wolf... Where are all the chest thumpers now?

:lol:

I find it amusing that nobody has commented on the article I posted about the girl who cried wolf...  Where are all the chest thumpers now?

797428[/snapback]

What kind of comment are you looking for? That you can't trust teenage girls who come home late and have a vague description of someone who assaulted them?

Nothing like pretending every situation is exactly the same... :devil:

:devil:

I find it amusing that nobody has commented on the article I posted about the girl who cried wolf...  Where are all the chest thumpers now?

797428[/snapback]

The fact is there always is that possibility, but that is evident in every crime. Unfortunately, I nor do most of society actually trust the justice system to get it right.

:devil:

797428[/snapback]

You know, back when I was throwing shot and disc for my HS track team (which happened to be undefeated all four years, by the way), my coach told me how I could really get the best explosion out of my throws. He asked me if I'd ever seen the great apes pound on their chest whenever they were getting ready to kick some ass. Apparently when you pound on your breastbone a few times, it releases a little bit of adrenaline and gives you a boost of ass kicking abilty. So we used to pound our chests like apes before every throw....people thought we'd lost our minds, but even if it was nothing more than a psychological boost I'll be damned if it didn't make me feel more fired up for the throw. We may have looked like idiots, but at least we weren't unoriginal!

What kind of comment are you looking for?  That you can't trust teenage girls who come home late and have a vague description of someone who assaulted them? 

Nothing like pretending every situation is exactly the same...  :devil:

797433[/snapback]

Exactly - yet everyone seems to be condoning this guy's death based on a vague description with (according to the article) NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE...

CW

Exactly - yet everyone seems to be condoning this guy's death based on a vague description with (according to the article) NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE...

CW

797461[/snapback]

Which I don't see as any different than what you're doing. Devil's advocate is always fun. Have a good weekend.