Sun Times writer mocks the Bills

1billsfan

From Brad Briggs-

"...This Sunday's meeting with Buffalo could be difficult as it has the potential to be a classic trap game that teams sometimes fall into when they get too high after a huge victory. But do you really think the Bills are going to come in and score?"

Yes I do. Poor Brad, he doesn't realize the Bears are going to finally play a team without a hand tied behind it's back on offense. Oh well, go ahead and mock our team. It will make the touchdown pass to Evans that much sweeter!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear03.article

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're dreaming if you think we're getting more than one offensive touchdown in this game. Sure, we'll score...but not a whole lot.

794408[/snapback]

First I'm dreaming, then you follow up by saying "Sure, we'll score".

So there's no doubt they'll get seven, but scoring another seven after that is suddenly dreamland?

I think you need to narrow your scope of what's dreaming and what's realistic.

You're dreaming if you think we're getting more than one offensive touchdown in this game. Sure, we'll score...but not a whole lot.

794408[/snapback]

The Vikes gave the Bills two gifts on Sunday. A stop on third and short. Then a breakdown on a busted play. I don't see the Bears being in that giving of a mood on Sunday.

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure. <_<

The Vikes gave the Bills two gifts on Sunday. A stop on third and short. Then a breakdown on a busted play. I don't see the Bears being in that giving of a mood on Sunday.

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  <_<

794439[/snapback]

yeah there are alot of QBs who "thrive" under pressure. That's why Manning plays lights out against teams that rush the passer and Brady is having the season of his career this year with a make shift o-line, cuz they "thrive" under pressure.

This is going to be a great test for JP and he will probably make some mistakes. What I am looking for are the plays that he does make. I expect him to handle the pressure and have a decent game against a team that should be going to the NFC Championship game.

yeah there are alot of QBs who "thrive" under pressure. That's why Manning plays lights out against teams that rush the passer and Brady is having the season of his career this year with a make shift o-line, cuz they "thrive" under pressure.

794458[/snapback]

Manning is another Dan Marino. He'll win you games but not a Super Bowl.

As far as Brady.

He can go without a completion the rest of the season and still have 3 Super Bowl rings. I guess he never faced pressure in those games? <_<

It's realistic to expect anywhere from 7-10 pts. Anything more then 10pts against a chicago team that has only allowed 29pts this season is asking for a lot.

794440[/snapback]

I think the final point total will hinge on what field position the defense and special teams can get for JP and company. The Bills will have an opportunity to put up 14 to 20 points if they both can come up big for our offense. I feel that good about our potential to hit a couple of big plays given these circumstanses. However, if the Bills are starting out on their twenty every possession then it will be six points and good night Irene.

These Bears have yet to be tested. Are they the second coming of the '85 Bears? Who knows. I do know they've haven't really been tested. The Bears/Seattle game was a weird one since they didn't have to face Alexander and the other teams don't have anything that compares to what the Bills have on offense. If the Bills offense does click then the Bears will quickly find out they're not playing Detriot. We all know that the Bills have the runningback and some wideouts that can catch the ball and fly.

It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  <_<

794439[/snapback]

Frankly, I've been extremely impressed with Losman's ability to stand in the pocket, take a hit but still deliver the ball. I wouldn't say he thrives under pressure, but he sure the !@#$ isn't afraid of it.

Frankly, I've been extremely impressed with Losman's ability to stand in the pocket, take a hit but still deliver the ball. I wouldn't say he thrives under pressure, but he sure the !@#$ isn't afraid of it.

794497[/snapback]

I agree, that's one thing that has impressed me in the past couple of weeks.

But as far as the scoring issue goes, let's be real...the Bills have played two home and two road games. In the relative safety of our home games, we've averaged 18.5 points per game against some average defenses. In the hostile road games, against what I would consider above average defenses, we're averaging 16.5 points per game.

But on the road against probably the best or second-best defense in the league?

I'd consider us lucky to get one touchdown. I'm thinking 9 or 12 points. Maybe 15 if we get an extra turnover. A defensive touchdown would be sweet.

I think we need to hold Chicago to 14 points or less to have a chance. Oh, they're averaging 29 points per game, 35.5 points per game at home.

I agree, that's one thing that has impressed me in the past couple of weeks.

But as far as the scoring issue goes, let's be real...the Bills have played two home and two road games. In the relative safety of our home games, we've averaged 18.5 points per game against some average defenses. In the hostile road games, against what I would consider above average defenses, we're averaging 16.5 points per game.

But on the road against probably the best or second-best defense in the league?

I'd consider us lucky to get one touchdown. I'm thinking 9 or 12 points. Maybe 15 if we get an extra turnover. A defensive touchdown would be sweet.

I think we need to hold Chicago to 14 points or less to have a chance. Oh, they're averaging 29 points per game, 35.5 points per game at home.

794504[/snapback]

While I hold out hope that the Bills will win this game, I find myself hoping that half the offense is able to walk off the field without the other half being carried on stretchers...

While I hold out hope that the Bills will win this game, I find myself hoping that half the offense is able to walk off the field without the other half being carried on stretchers...

794534[/snapback]

LOL! Were not playing that prison team from the movie The longest yard are we?

I say the Bills show up with 53 white flags so all the players can wave them on the opening kickoff.

Perhaps it's just because I'm more used to it, but I really can't wait until next week when we suck again and have no buisness even playing pro football against the rest of the NFL and should just move the team now and save the embarrasment.

Perhaps it's just because I'm more used to it, but I really can't wait until next week when we suck again and have no buisness even playing pro football against the rest of the NFL and should just move the team now and save the embarrasment.

794542[/snapback]

I agree 100%

Then we all should tell Deluca he was right. This team SUCKS! (sarcasm off)

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  <_<

794439[/snapback]

Are you a Bills' fan? Seriously. All I seem to read from your keyboard is any excuse to downplay a positive spin on the Bills or emphasize a negative one.

How do you get your kicks?

From Brad Briggs-

"...This Sunday's meeting with Buffalo could be difficult as it has the potential to be a classic trap game that teams sometimes fall into when they get too high after a huge victory. But do you really think the Bills are going to come in and score?"

Yes I do. Poor Brad, he doesn't realize the Bears are going to finally play a team without a hand tied behind it's back on offense. Oh well, go ahead and mock our team. It will make the touchdown pass to Evans that much sweeter!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear03.article

794402[/snapback]

That son of a gun has been to my house while dating my sister in law's sister. Really. No wonder she dumped him.