Another school shooting, this one in PA

Beerball

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FoxSnooze was all over this story during lunch like stink on a skunk. Asking penetrating questions like "Don't the Amish need better security at their schools?" (yeah, I'm sure they're going to run out and install metal detectors and security guards at each and every of their one-room schoolhouses now) and "What did the Amish think of how they were portrayed in the movie "Witness"?" (uhhh...the Amish don't go to movies) and "Is this a copycat crime inspired by our coverage of the Colorado shooting?" (nor do they watch TV, idiot).

The best, though, had to be "As you can see, it's a lovely, beautiful day out for a shooting..." 0:)

FoxSnooze was all over this story during lunch like stink on a skunk.  Asking penetrating questions like "Don't the Amish need better security at their schools?" (yeah, I'm sure they're going to run out and install metal detectors and security guards at each and every of their one-room schoolhouses now) and "What did the Amish think of how they were portrayed in the movie "Witness"?" (uhhh...the Amish don't go to movies) and "Is this a copycat crime inspired by our coverage of the Colorado shooting?" (nor do they watch TV, idiot). 

The best, though, had to be "As you can see, it's a lovely, beautiful day out for a shooting..."  0:)

792973[/snapback]

In general, I cannot stand the way cable news handles breaking news. They can't just wait and get the facts, they have to call in like the most random people to give wild speculation on what's going on. It makes me miss the old days when network news would break in, tell you something, then break out until they had more details.

In general, I cannot stand the way cable news handles breaking news. They can't just wait and get the facts, they have to call in like the most random people to give wild speculation on what's going on. It makes me miss the old days when network news would break in, tell you something, then break out until they had more details.

792979[/snapback]

It's all about being the first these days regardless if the information is correct or not. If it's correct they have the double whammy, "we were correct and we were first." If the info is wrong, "hey at least we were the first with this breaking story."

Asking penetrating questions like "Don't the Amish need better security at their schools?" (yeah, I'm sure they're going to run out and install metal detectors and security guards at each and every of their one-room schoolhouses now)

792973[/snapback]

I was wondering if any of the news channels would bring that up.

I sometimes wonder if things like this happened "back in the day" but we did not hear about it, because there were no satellites, internet, etc to circulate the news so quickly.

This is another reason why I cannot watch or read the news very often. :devil:

Get parents to teach their children morals and discipline.

793739[/snapback]

Who we gonna get to teach it to the parents first? I'm not being flippant (for once), but, how many of these kids come from families with a strong moral foundation?

Kids generally speaking don't get 'broken' by themselves. Someone has to allow it to happen, and that's mom & dad.

I'm really surprised that shootings are now happening at schools - especially after the government completely outlawed all guns within a certain distance. Apparently the criminals aren't obeying these laws. I wonder why that is?[/sarcasm]

Oh, and let's pretend we don't understand why this generation of kids has no respect for authority. Perhaps it's because there is no corporal punishment being distributed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You know when I was in HS, long ago, we had a rifle team. The kids actually brought the rifles to school, and they were in the locker, or down in the range. Yet, noone thought twice about it.

Maybe if we armed our children this wouldn't happen.

Apparently the criminals aren't obeying these laws.  I wonder why that is?[/sarcasm]

793869[/snapback]

You just do not understand. If the criminals are not obeying the laws, then you just need to make more laws. Duh. :devil:

You know when I was in HS, long ago, we had a rifle team.  The kids actually brought the rifles to school, and they were in the locker, or down in the range.  Yet, noone thought twice about it. 

Maybe if we armed our children this wouldn't happen.

793873[/snapback]

Actually, I think one-room Amish schools are going to be an easy target no matter what...