Is Jp finally considered to be a solid big league

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say no.  But he's better than most people give him credit for.

792043[/snapback]

I would argue that right now he is in the top half of QBs this season because of the low turnovers and decent % completion. Whether he is solid or not should be clear by midseason. Personally, I am enjoying his play. Everytime he is going to pass, I expect him to complete the pass compared to last season when I used to cringe. Anyway, FWIW here are two stats and where he stands:

#12 in passer rating:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

# 22 in passing yards:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

Solid big league  B-)  Not even solid average, after only four games.

Reason to be excited and optimistic?  Yes.  But the dust-bin of the league is full of qb's who played well the first four games of a season, only to melt down later.  And we are only 2-2 after all.

792063[/snapback]

Whee. Rah Rah sis-boom-bah. I love how the lot of you are waiting for the shoe to drop. The kid's looked good. What else do you want? Joe Montana?

The QB situation in the league as a whole is just awful right now. top 15 means nothing. There are about 2 great QBs,6 good ones...and the rest are average(JP) to mediocre to horrible.

792321[/snapback]

There was an interesting article on ESPN last week....The majority of the

coaches want their QB to be game managers rather than exceptional players...Hence the watered down QB situation.

I like JP and I think he is going to be a solid QB for the Bills for many seasons. But I think we need to give him a season to really get comfortable and prove to the league that he is an upper echelon NFL QB. Right now, the Bills are still game planning with the idea that he's a young QB that needs to be protected, much like the Steelers did with Rothlisberger his rookie year.

I like JP and I think he is going to be a solid QB for the Bills for many seasons.  But I think we need to give him a season to really get comfortable and prove to the league that he is an upper echelon NFL QB.  Right now, the Bills are still game planning with the idea that he's a young QB that needs to be protected, much like the Steelers did with Rothlisberger his rookie year.

792701[/snapback]

Just give Willis the ball and give Jp opportunities when he's ready.

Just for sheer stats, he just passed Carson Palmer for #6 in the AFC with a 90.6 rating. By the way, Tom Brady is 8th right now. JPL has thrown 1 INT in a 4 game streach, and his decision making is lightyears better than last year at this same juncture. Relax boys and girls, he is coming along QUITE NICELY!!!

How much did it hurt to say this?

793114[/snapback]

Gosh Ramius, it almost sounds like you think I might have something against Losman. I'm absolutely astounded that you, or anyone else, could possibly form that impression. Have I ever written anything against him? Okay, maybe just once. Or twice. Or maybe it was a hundred times. After a while I kind of lost track.

But don't be fooled by the fact that I've probably written more against Losman than any two posters combined. Deep down, it, um, (clears throat and tries to keep a straight face) never really mattered to me who the Bills' starting quarterback was, just so long as he was good. What? You don't believe me? Is there anything I could say which would persuade you otherwise? Didn't think so.

I don't know if Losman is the 5th best QB, or the 15th best, or the 25th best.  Of the four games they've played this year, I'd take Brady over Losman, and that's it.  I'd MUCH rather have JP than Culpepper, Pennington, or Johnson.  With CP and BJ in particular, I don't know how you can get excited about that b.s. offense they run.  I tried supporting the 4-yard dumpoff last year with Holcomb and it was atrocious to watch.  It's smart when it's the QB's release option, but it sucks when it's the entire offense. 

For the most part this year, Losman has been on.  And when he's on, with his cannon, it is great to watch.

792062[/snapback]

If I had to win a game today with this Bills team now, these are the guys I'd pick before Losman. Don't forget to win a game today with this team, in no certain order:

McNabb

Pennington

Manning

Manning

Bulger

Brunell

Brees

Palmer

Brady

Farve

Leftwhich

Delhomme

Toss ups versus JP:

Vick -I hate him as a passing QB but with his running and this Oline in 1 game? :devil:

Carr -Good player on a bad team (good WR's though)

Rivers -Not great but solid and playing is about what JP is getting though he does have LT

That puts him around 13 to 15 so in my book on 10/2.

The class of 2004 looks like it might be something special (too soon to tell). But looking at those ratings (and watching games), you see Rivers, Manning, and JP in the top half of the league or so and with a bullet in their third year in the league. And Big Ben, of course, has stunk, but he's been sick, and he did win the SB last year. (I know some of you don't think much of Roethlisberger, but I think he's a real gamer. The QB of these 4 whom I feel the least confident about in terms of future stardom is Eli. But I think they'll all be pretty good, at least, for quite a while.)