The Ralph...Is it becoming a Dump?

toeknee24

I've been a season ticket holder for years & have always loved the Ralph but after yesterday's observations & comments that were made from out of town Bills fans in my group I have to wonder if it truly is becoming a dump.

Here are some of my observations:

-Bathroom walls were painted only 1/2 way up the wall, which really doesn't matter but it just looks so ghetto.

-Several bathrooms had same door being used for entrance & exit so you have to push everyone out of the way on your way out.

-You completely lose the game in the bathroom, they don't even pump the sound through in most of them like they used to.

-There we're stretches of concession stands without tv's to follow the game & the ones that did have tv's were 20" tv's that looked like they were at least 20 years old.

-The row numbers used to be painted on the steps, they have since worn off & not been repainted.

Now don't get me wrong I've always loved the Ralph but I think it could use some updates, mostly to the bathrooms & tv's in the hallways.

I know were in a small market but it's a market that is selling out almost everygame after missing the playoffs year after year, they have to have some $$ to put into that place.

There were some people talking yesterday about the $20 Million that is supposed to be going to improvements but I couldn't find an article on that, does anyone have a link to it?

Does anyone have any suggestions about the Ralph or am I just being to critical of it?

Well they are getting $20Mil to spruce the old dump up. I think security is a major issue. I am getting sick and tired of fans of the other team who are minding their own business getting harrassed by drunk jerk-offs. The Rockpile is really bad for that kind of behavior. The Bills ought to warn out-of-town fans not to sit there.

PTR

Well they are getting $20Mil to spruce the old dump up.  I think security is a major issue.  I am getting sick and tired of fans of the other team who are minding their own business getting harrassed by drunk jerk-offs.  The Rockpile is really bad for that kind of behavior.  The Bills ought to warn out-of-town fans not to sit there.

PTR

786285[/snapback]

It that $$$ coming from ticket buyers? Assesement on season tix or an upcharge on counter purchases? Or is it going to be stuck on others who don't attend games?

Curious... :D

It that $$$ coming from ticket buyers? Assesement on season tix or an upcharge on counter purchases?  Or is it going to be stuck on others who don't attend games?

Curious... :D

786291[/snapback]

Does anyone have a link to this story?

I do believe security needs to be upgraded, although I didn't see any problems in section 117.

Well they are getting $20Mil to spruce the old dump up.  I think security is a major issue.  I am getting sick and tired of fans of the other team who are minding their own business getting harrassed by drunk jerk-offs.  The Rockpile is really bad for that kind of behavior.  The Bills ought to warn out-of-town fans not to sit there.

PTR

786285[/snapback]

No, the Bills should warn any drunk jerk off that he (or she) will be arrested and banned from the stadium. Fans of aqny team who buy a ticket should expect to be able to enjoy the game without being hassled. I've gone to Bills away games and I do not expect some drunk A-hole to be hassling me. If they do I will call security. I once wrote everyone from the Patriots to the Commissioner's office when Pats fans were throwing beer cans at me for rooting for the Bills in the old stadium. I also convieniently left out the part where I screamed at the top of my lungs at a security guard that fans were throwing beer cans at me & if I got hit by one "I'll sue your f***ing stadium"

I've been a season ticket holder for years & have always loved the Ralph but after yesterday's observations & comments that were made from out of town Bills fans in my group I have to wonder if it truly is becoming a dump.

-Bathroom walls were painted only 1/2 way up the wall, which really doesn't matter but it just looks so ghetto.

-Several bathrooms had same door being used for entrance & exit so you have to push everyone out of the way on your way out.

-You completely lose the game in the bathroom, they don't even pump the sound  through in most of them like they used to.

-There we're stretches of concession stands without tv's to follow the game & the ones that did have tv's were 20" tv's that looked like they were at least 20 years old.

-The row numbers used to be painted on the steps, they have since worn off & not been repainted.

Now don't get me wrong I've always loved the Ralph but I think it could use some updates, mostly to the bathrooms & tv's in the hallways.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the Ralph or am I just being to critical of it?

786280[/snapback]

I sit in sec 311, 50 yardline visitors side. TV work great, Numbers are painted on

the row, restrooms no problem I always bring a small radio and I go to the hidden bathroom which is nice.

I sit in sec 311, 50 yardline visitors side. TV work great, Numbers are painted on

the row, restrooms no problem I always bring a small radio and I go to the hidden bathroom which is nice.

786302[/snapback]

Hidden bathrooms are nice, we used to have one by our old seats in section 125.

Even though those are still one entry/exit, does anyone know if that's a fire hazard?

I can't imagine that it would be if they're allowing it.

I am getting sick and tired of fans of the other team who are minding their own business getting harrassed by drunk jerk-offs.

PTR

786285[/snapback]

Nevermind fans of other teams.... The only time I went to the Ralph, I was harrassed by drunk Bills fans.

Apparently in 1997, wearing a Jim Kelly jersey was a major faux pas.

:D

I feel sorry for all those victims of the Blizzard of '77 who were stranded for days in Rich Stadium without beer and chips.

The Stadium was supposedly built to withstand up to 2 feet of snow per hour but you could see by the open-roof design they hadnt thought it through very well.

I heard Spike Lee was making a documentary on it, but the Stadium and city never really recovered.

-You completely lose the game in the bathroom, they don't even pump the sound   through in most of them like they used to.

I know were in a small market but it's a market that is selling out almost everygame after missing the playoffs year after year, they have to have some $$ to put into that place.

There were some people talking yesterday about the $20 Million that is supposed to be going to improvements but I couldn't find an article on that, does anyone have a link to it?

786280[/snapback]

The upper level needs some paint and TLC --- yes. Restroonm are always a bit rough up there.

The stadium is old and does not have enough the restroom and concessions capability to faciliate 74.000 people. Never did. The design was always lacking in this area and has been improved a little bit.

The old place has character and is not a dump.

I go to the hidden bathroom which is nice.

786302[/snapback]

/

Hidden bathroom? Is there wireless service to the secret website in there? :)

Damn inner circle :D

I resent the fact that they put the name Rockpile on the rowdiest section of the stadium :D

I love fans having fun, but not at the expense of others.

Also, why do fans:

walk IN the restroom door that clearly says EXIT?

piss in the sink?

scream obscenities at other team's fans?

drink until they cannot stand or until they puke?

the list goes on... I am not arguing with any of you. 0:)

The problem is the PEOPLE not the facility.

These things went on in the old downtown stadium 40 years ago. :doh:

P.S. The Wall section on Sunday had row numbers painted on the steps.

PTR

786285[/snapback]

What! Come on man. I love making the Ralph, the stadium for BILLS FANS. THIS IS OUR HOUSE ans the commercials use to say ... so if another teams fans want to come in, let them ... but prepared to get some smack thrown your way

I saw 3-4 drunk idiots take a Jets fan's hat, even though he was ignoring their attempts to bait him.  Some other guy went over and took one of the idiot's hats to force a trade.  The Jets' fan handed the guy his hat and the idiot threw the other one as far as he could.

786738[/snapback]

You were there?

786280[/snapback]

No, it's a dump. The jumbo tron has to be the worst in the league at least from what I've seen. Don't expect much of that $20M to go for upgrades of what you're talking about. It'll probably go for luxury seats/items.

I personally don't mind the stadium as is, but in contrast with others in the league, it's very low end. It also doesn't have the historical appeal of a Soldier or Lambeau Field.

Props to the management however. They're cleaning up the riff raff somewhat.