time for aquaman aka mr. Nall

Dear Sir

I am open to queries and am enthralled at serving as the interstice between aporia and resolution.

the apparatus headed by jauron - levy is the apex of the nfl . this sounds hyperbolic, nevertheless what the bills have assembled is a koine of king of field sports epistemology.

788021[/snapback]

Based on your response my number of questions has increased to two. I'll try to use big words like you.

1. Do you have a theory on the grip that Capri Sun holds on the hierarchy of this erstwhile web board? I have pointed out several times that their packaging is designed such that they will increase the sales of paper towels. You can't open those things even if you're Sampson with locks to your ankles. When you do, it spills everywhere instigating the paper towel alert. When I point this out herein, and on the correct board of the consumer, my posts are erased from on high. What gives with Capri Sun in general, and what gives with this site's beholdenessitude?

2. Why have you brought up epistemology in this thread? Did your wife have one after childbirth? That stojan sounds painful. Lee is tough as nails. She got them for entertainment.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'est a dire, a dominant defence with a running game shall win the f*cking matches.

A dominant offense is not only irrelevant - an offense that generates 300 or soo metres a match ACTUALLY HURTS THE TEAM.  Look at the historiography of the NFL and this becomes f*cking transparent. Bills during the superbowl, colts every year, etc etc etc

I always enjoy reading your colorful posts. It's too bad more people don't appreciate your efforts to spice things up a bit.

I myself would prefer to see Nall in there, instead of JP. But our reasons for this differ. So instead of talking about the JP/Nall situation, I'll address our points of difference.

If you're going to be a dynasty team, you have to have a good offense--including a good quarterback. Think of core groups of players that have won multiple Super Bowls: the Steelers of the '70s, the 49ers of the '80s, the Cowboys of the mid-'90s, the Broncos, the Patriots of the 2000s. In each of those cases, the team in question had a QB who was at or near the Hall of Fame level. In fact, the only QB from those teams who isn't in the Hall of Fame is Tom Brady; and there's a very good chance he will be elected once he's eligible.

This isn't to say that all of those teams were pass-oriented. The Steelers of the '70s, for example, were built to win by running the ball and dominating through defense. But sometimes, the running game might not be there, or the defense might allow more points than usual. When those things happened, the Steelers could turn to Terry Bradshaw.

The Ravens of 2000 also had a dominating defense and a strong running game. But they lacked a good QB or strong passing game. So their running game and defense had to play at a truly elite level for them to win the Super Bowl. That happened once, in 2000. But without an elite passing attack to bail them out, everything has to go just perfectly for the defense and the running game for them to win the Super Bowl. That's why that core group of players hasn't been back to the Super Bowl since.

On the other hand, a team like the 49ers of the '80s was built to dominate with the pass; and that domination was the biggest piece of the puzzle in their four Super Bowl wins. Yes, the defensive effort was very important too--witness the good pass rush in the 4th quarter of that Bengals Super Bowl. But as important as that pass rush was, the 49ers absolutely had to have Joe Montana as their QB in that last, game-winning drive. It's just the way that team was built.

On the one hand, you have the teams with multiple Super Bowl wins, led by Hall of Fame quarterbacks. On the other, you have the Steelers of the '90s. That team was led by what you would call an Aquaman QB, and what most fans would call a good game manager--Neil O'Donnell. The Steelers had a good offensive line, a good running game, and a very good defense. What that team didn't have was any Super Bowl rings. They did quite well in executing the standard plan of winning in the trenches, running the ball, and dominating with defense. But there are times when the defense allows a few big plays, or when the running game gets shut down.

The Steelers of the '90s weren't built to overcome big deficits; and had fewer options to overcome adversity than the Steelers of the '70s had. Consider the AFC Championship game against the Chargers, which the O'Donnell Steelers lost. The Steelers' running game had been shut down, so the Steelers had to turn to the air. O'Donnell was actually quite effective in racking up plenty of passing yards, but those yards didn't translate into many points. That team just wasn't built to win in the air. The Steelers team of the '70s found itself in a similar situation in its Super Bowl against the L.A. Rams. The Rams had shut down the Steelers' running attack, and the Steelers had to come from behind with their passing game. Which they did--Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swan did an excellent job of putting points on the board.

The deeper into the playoffs you go, the better the competition will be. Better competition means an increasing likelihood of your plan A getting shut down. Teams with a solid plan B (read: the ability to win via a passing attack) will be able to fight their way through this adversity. Teams without a viable plan B will be much more likely to be eliminated from the playoffs the first time their plan A fails to work. This is why teams without elite QBs don't win multiple Super Bowls, and find it very difficult to win even one Super Bowl.

Gentlemen,

I understand this is a tautology - the same situation transpired last year under the irish pigs' (donahoe and mularkey) watch.

But now they are gone: we have a series of intellectuals serving in the key positions of the apparatus (i.e., LEVY - JAURON - FEWELL)

When the Bills State Apparatus drafted almost exclusively for defense this last summer in the "Baptism of the proletariat" known as the nfl draft, the bills ultra violence hooliganz had attained the kantian sublime.

Gentlemen, while the king of field sports is the most complex of all sports, the most tactically complete set coupled with primordial violence, these layers of nuances relate to a certain f*cking locus that remains undisputable. It is the "hard kernel" that resists mutation according to temporal shifts.

C'est a dire, a dominant defence with a running game shall win the f*cking matches.

A dominant offense is not only irrelevant - an offense that generates 300 or soo metres a match ACTUALLY HURTS THE TEAM.  Look at the historiography of the NFL and this becomes f*cking transparent. Bills during the superbowl, colts every year, etc etc etc

This implies the following : the offense must be an efficient apparatus, that mediates the time which the defense is to be on the field. The king of field sports proposes a complex inversal, and this is its very beauty: THE DEFENSE MUST BE THE AGGRESSIVE UNIT WHILE THE OFFENSE IS TO BE EFFICIENT, MEDIATIVE.

THEREFORE: the qb position must not be filled by a Nietzschean uebermensch, but rather with an efficiency, with some german f*cking precision.

To bring this into the american context so you may lucidly understand the thesis being offered to you: This means not a superman, but rather an AQUAMAN type figure. Our Aquaman at the moment is Craig Nall.

Mr. Jauron and Mr. Levy: i know that you peruse this board at your f*cking leisure.

Consider the thoughts of the collective fascistic will known as the bills ultra violence hooliganz and understand the aquaman.

yours,

BILLS ULTRA VIOLENCE HOOLIGANZ SS LJUBLJANA CHAPTER OF BUFFALO BILLS HEGEMONIC OPERATIONS

785430[/snapback]

If you really want precision, you can't beat the Wondertwins. Never is a moment or action wasted with those two.

So the Bills need to use two quarterbacks, every play and every down.

And don't bring Gleek into this. Gleek sucks.

THEREFORE: the qb position must not be filled by a Nietzschean uebermensch, but rather with an efficiency, with some german f*cking precision.

785430[/snapback]

Great idea!! Let's bench JP and stunt his progress even more. Next year will be an even more exciting open QB audition!! :w00t:

Does anyone else picture this dude wearing a black trench coat and scribbling swastika's on his notebook? :D

please speak Murican thanks

788042[/snapback]

Fixed :w00t:

And Aquaman would rock as a RB but I am not so sure about his ability as a QB. I mean the character can lift several hundred tons. Me personally I would be happy with Batman as it is well known (read widely pimped by fanbois) that with time to prepare he can defeat anyone.

Err what do you mean this isnt DU (banned anyway for not being liberal enough) or a comics discussion board? :D

Gentlemen....

offense that generates 300 or soo metres a match.....

785430[/snapback]

VIVE...you might be having fun with your occasional posts but the lack of honesty(even if humorously based) is perturbing.

I live in Australia where we also use the metric system. There is no way that myself nor any of my many friends who follow American football would ever....absolutely never, describe the yardage gained(or any derivative) as meters. It is inconceivable that if you follow football at all that meters could slip into your sentence unless you are trying to come across as something that you are not.

Why not just put forward a topic without the pretentious BS?

Gentlemen,

I understand this is a tautology - the same situation transpired last year under the irish pigs' (donahoe and mularkey) watch.

But now they are gone: we have a series of intellectuals serving in the key positions of the apparatus (i.e., LEVY - JAURON - FEWELL)

When the Bills State Apparatus drafted almost exclusively for defense this last summer in the "Baptism of the proletariat" known as the nfl draft, the bills ultra violence hooliganz had attained the kantian sublime.

Gentlemen, while the king of field sports is the most complex of all sports, the most tactically complete set coupled with primordial violence, these layers of nuances relate to a certain f*cking locus that remains undisputable. It is the "hard kernel" that resists mutation according to temporal shifts.

This implies the following : the offense must be an efficient apparatus, that mediates the time which the defense is to be on the field. The king of field sports proposes a complex inversal, and this is its very beauty: THE DEFENSE MUST BE THE AGGRESSIVE UNIT WHILE THE OFFENSE IS TO BE EFFICIENT, MEDIATIVE.

To bring this into the american context so you may lucidly understand the thesis being offered to you: This means not a superman, but rather an AQUAMAN type figure. Our Aquaman at the moment is Craig Nall.

Mr. Jauron and Mr. Levy: i know that you peruse this board at your f*cking leisure.

Consider the thoughts of the collective fascistic will known as the bills ultra violence hooliganz and understand the aquaman.

yours,

BILLS ULTRA VIOLENCE HOOLIGANZ SS LJUBLJANA CHAPTER OF BUFFALO BILLS HEGEMONIC OPERATIONS

785430[/snapback]

and to think that i have to have to occasionally edit manuscripts written like this. thankfully, they're pretty much never contracted anymore. re althusser, the guy strangled his wife and never actually read marx. basically, he was a complete fraud, and for the life of me i can't understand why anyone would still be namedropping his buzzphrases ...

and to think that i have to have to occasionally edit manuscripts written like this.  thankfully, they're pretty much never contracted anymore.  re althusser, the guy strangled his wife and never actually read marx. basically, he was a complete fraud, and for the life of me i can't understand why anyone would still be namedropping his buzzphrases ...

788865[/snapback]

It's obvious you're trying to throw this man off the track of finding the secret Capri Sun conspiracy. Don't let them fool you too Dave. You're too good for that.

Gentlemen,

yours,

785430[/snapback]

???????????? :blink::(:lol::lol::lol:

You just lost any credibility EVER... not that you had any

788874[/snapback]

I want you to think about these boards as they usually are: people arguing about McGahee, about the importance of the offensive line, about the right way to build an offensive line, about the defense, and above all, about Losman. Maybe you haven't noticed it, but sometimes those discussions can get just a little repetitive.

Now along comes this Viva La France guy, who writes in a very different style than anyone else on these boards. There's creativity there. Don't believe me? Try to write something that sounds like it came from him. Have it be as long, have it sound the same, have the same feel. You won't find it easy, and you may not find it possible. That will give you a greater appreciation for his creativity.

This man's posts break up the sense of monotony that otherwise sets in. I'm a little disappointed I had to explain all this to you, and that your lack of understanding caused you to make a ready fire aim personal attack. You're a little old to be acting with so little maturity.

I want you to think about these boards as they usually are: people arguing about McGahee, about the importance of the offensive line, about the right way to build an offensive line, about the defense, and above all, about Losman.  Maybe you haven't noticed it, but sometimes those discussions can get just a little repetitive.

Now along comes this Viva La France guy, who writes in a very different style than anyone else on these boards.  There's creativity there.  Don't believe me?  Try to write something that sounds like it came from him.  Have it be as long, have it sound the same, have the same feel.  You won't find it easy, and you may not find it possible.  That will give you a greater appreciation for his creativity. 

This man's posts break up the sense of monotony that otherwise sets in.  I'm a little disappointed I had to explain all this to you, and that your lack of understanding caused you to make a ready fire aim personal attack.  You're a little old to be acting with so little maturity.

789003[/snapback]

I have read his posts. Yes they get repetitive because people come out with the same arguments... but there tends to be an excessive amount of repetitiveness of stupid comments. One is, Nall should start. I won't even begin to debate this with anyone because it's just so !@#$ing absurd it makes me nervous to think people can love a team so much and understand so little about it.

Now on the other hand, this dude, Vive la GUerre and Vive la France is a dumbass who supports a team based on fascism (SS Lazio), and not only that but he's a !@#$ing hooligan. And you expect me to take him or anyone who takes him seriously with any regard?

If you're going to be a dynasty team, you have to have a good offense--including a good quarterback.  Think of core groups of players that have won multiple Super Bowls: the Steelers of the '70s, the 49ers of the '80s, the Cowboys of the mid-'90s, the Broncos, the Patriots of the 2000s.  In each of those cases, the team in question had a QB who was at or near the Hall of Fame level. 

I agree 100% with this. This notion of a QB dosn't have to win games for you, only not lose is pure BS. You did forget to mention the Cowboys of the 70s with hof qb Roger Staubach. who won 2 sbs and played in 4. You gotta have the guy who when the chips are down and you need a play, the qb can pull magic out of the air.

I also tend to differ on your take of the 2000 Ravens. I recall Trent Dilfer having a great passing game in the super Bowl. I put him up there with the best playing today. The 49ers are being absolute idiots for not playing him over Alex Smith. From what I've seen of them this year they look like they could be pretty good if the had a decent QB.

Anyway, like I say, you gotta have the leader, great passer, great athlete, great strategist to win. With an average QB, you'll only be, well, average.