Alright, Let's Hear Some Viable Options

R. Rich

Possibly Baker in at SS, Wire is just flat out BAD. Mix up the RB's a little, get McGahee in for about 5-8 carries a game. QB we are stuck with DB until at least JP gets a couple weeks of practice in. Other than that there is not much you can do, they just have get their heads in the game and eliminate penalties.

We obviously need help at S but help is on the way once Lawyer gets healthy. I say let Coy or Baker play there in the mean time-let them get some experience. As for the offensive line I only got to see the first half and part of the third quarter of the game yesterday(I had to work). From what I saw the line played great! Travis had 56 yards on 12 carries when I left. Bledsoe had all day to pass. I think the line is fine. <duck> It seems when the injuries happened they fell apart. Whos line would not deteroriate if they lost their starting LT and C? Most everyone knows my thoughts on Drew. I say play Mathews now. What is the worst case scenerio? If Shayn can put some points on the board it should become obvious to everyone what our offensive problem is. Start JP as soon as he is 100% healthy. Travis is a solid RB and should be starting. Lets get WM into the game more. I like the idea of using Willis in short yardage. I remember his 4 TD scrimmage earlier this year

Get McGahee the ball.

Bledsoe gets one more half. Unless he plays differently that he has for 2 years now, sit his ass at half time and let Mattews take a shot.

Do this until Losman is ready, then throw him in there.

As it stands right now, we are out of the playoff race. Yes, already.

TWO teams in our division are 3-0. We are 0-3. During the next 13 games, we have to win 3 MORE games that NE or the Jets do. Right now, we will be luck to win three AT ALL!!

So, let THIS be the year that Losman goes through his growing pains. Why not do it NOW, and let his sophomore year be next year aleady. So, Bledsoe for one more game, Matthews for 4 - then The FUTURE: Jonathon Paul.

I know its not all Bledsoe, but he is not helping. Lets stir something up. The QB is the leader. He gets more credit than he deserves when a team wins, and Vice Versa. Losman may just have that leader quality we need.

So there.

Instead of all the incessant whining, let's hear some well thought out alternatives.  You don't like the play at safety?  What should we do about it?  Changes in the OL?  RB?  QB?  Let's hear 'em.

56412[/snapback]

A couple of things I would try.......just my opinions....

- First....I wouldn't let wire play another down on defense....bring in the undrafted safety (I forget his name) at least he can make a big hit here and there......

- Second.....I would allow Drew to start...but if he starts throwing them in the dirt......or boneheaded fumbles I would make a change at halftime.

- Third.....the way they are handling TH and WM is making me sick.....make Magehee the official 3rd down back...period.....and let him grow into the role....

- Fourth.....bench Josh Reed and replace him with Sam Aiken....better run blocker....bigger target......

The 7 sacks that Bledsoe took were not really, for a change, the result of him holding on to the ball too long. One he tripped on, one was that awful 4th & 3 broken play at the end, and I think the Pats got three sacks on the last three plays of the game, where Bledsoe was trying to heave it up. The line, by that point, had given up on blocking all together....

-I immediately put Wire on more notch down on the depth chart. Move Baker up based on more speed, potential and playing his natural position (until Milloy returns).

- Josh Reed's spot has already been taken by Evans, but I move him down one notch further and move up Sam Aiken to the #3 spot as the "posession" WR.

Get McGahee the ball.

Bledsoe gets one more half. Unless he plays differently that he has for 2 years now, sit his ass at half time and let Mattews take a shot. 

Do this until Losman is ready, then throw him in there.

As it stands right now, we are out of the playoff race. Yes, already.

TWO teams in our division are 3-0. We are 0-3. During the next 13 games, we have to win 3 MORE games that NE or the Jets do. Right now, we will be luck to win three AT ALL!!

So, let THIS be the year that Losman goes through his growing pains. Why not do it NOW, and let his sophomore year be next year aleady. So, Bledsoe for one more game, Matthews for 4 - then The FUTURE: Jonathon Paul.

I know its not all Bledsoe, but he is not helping. Lets stir something up. The QB is the leader. He gets more credit than he deserves when a team wins, and Vice Versa. Losman may just have that leader quality we need.

So there.

56455[/snapback]

Dude, he said well thought out alternatives.

I've already given my solution: Do away with the offense altogether.

Punt on first down every time we get the ball (unless in FG position). By eliminating the offense, we can spend like crazy on what will be the greatest defense of all time. We also get a couple speedsters for returns. Our D gets turnovers in FG position maybe two or three times a game and the occasional defensive TD.

If you look at yesterday's game, factor in Moorman's quick thinking and athleticism, subtract Drew's INT and his fumble that went for a TD... and you will see that we would have won the game with this strategy.

Dude, he said well thought out alternatives.

56480[/snapback]

and yours would be?

Oh, that's right, keep kneeling down for Bledsoe, and letting him take us to 0-16. NOT let JP get his feet wet in what is already a lost season, and then throw him into the fire next year...

Instead of all the incessant whining, let's hear some well thought out alternatives.  You don't like the play at safety?  What should we do about it?  Changes in the OL?  RB?  QB?  Let's hear 'em.

56412[/snapback]

What do people think about this:

Troy Vincent to FS

McGee to Right Corner

Mike Williams to Left Guard

Ross Tucker to Center

Trey Teague of M. Price to Right Tackle

JP to QB ASAP!

We can't change the line at this stage. The obvious change is QB. Anyone is more mobile than Drew and Matthews is the only game in town. That would be a possibility. We run block pretty well and we can get more touches for BOTH Henry and see if Willis has any potential. Use two tight ends more often. Put a blocking fullback in there on passing downs.

If we are going to keep Drew in, we have to protect him. Blocking backs and two tight ends are probably the way to go, which means putting some good receivers on the bench.

I suspect we'll lose a few more games and go with Losman.

Im officially on board for backing up the truck, gutting this club and going through a complete rebuild, barring a very very quick turnaround.

Three years in the modern NFL with ZERO results is inexcusable. Teams go from 1-15 to a Championship in less time. This club cant even get to .500.

BACK UP THE TRUCK.

56412[/snapback]

OK.

1. Change to Matthews.

2. Work Tucker into the OL.

3. Put McGahee in as a blocker - limited - maybe 10 to 15 snaps...knee sweling.

4. Use rookie Ehaus as #3 in some 3 WR sets.

5. When ya do that, have him contact a defender and flare out 5 - 10 yards to the sideline area after the wr clears out the zone. Come back for a 5 yard catch.

6. School Mario Haggan as a blocking back and give him spot duty on defense on 1st and about 10. He, IMO is the next MLB for this team.

7. Put the TE on MW's side and have him thrust forward to push/cut a rusher, then flare short right.

8. Have the TE sweep back into QB protection.

9. Execute a blatent Guard pull either way then screen to a come-back WR.

10. Put both WR's on one side and one of 2 rb's in the slot position, and have one WR streak and one cut across the middle after 10 yards or so, then hit the slotted rb for 3 yards on the other side.

That's a start... :(

I think they made one step in the + direction, that is Evans a part of the offense. Shaw as the 3rd WR. JR stays on the bench.

The 2nd thing I'd do is have TH & WM basically split time. TH can start, but have series where WM plays essentially the whole thing. See w/ whom we do better, the other one is relegated to 2nd string &/or spot duty.

Unfortunately, I think we're stuck w/ Drew for a few weeks. Once JPL is healthy, I'd do the same w/ QBs as w/ the RBs. To heck w/ continuity. We're continuously inept.

Another thing, not that it's a major problem, but Shelton shouldn't be on the field. Let Neufeld play FB when necessary or bring back Lawton.

Im officially on board for backing up the truck, gutting this club and going through a complete rebuild, barring a very very quick turnaround.

Three years in the modern NFL with ZERO results is inexcusable. Teams go from 1-15 to a Championship in less time. This club cant even get to .500.

BACK UP THE TRUCK.

56498[/snapback]

Pretty well my thoughts. A lot of the parts are there, but they just don't work as a unit.