My Official JP Thread

theesir

I was impressed (except for the safety of course).

He really looked nervous at first, but settled in nicely.

How about his first pass. The snap goes over his head, he turns, picks it up on one bounce and then throws a leaping bullet to Reed on the sideline. DAmn, it was a thing of beauty.

His third down pass to Evans (before the 4th and 1) with Colvin in his face also showed some poise.

He looked in control, he continued to look down field when he had to leave the pocket and even threw a couple away to avoid sacks.

I'm not ready to start him on my fantasy team, but, I think we may be seeing the growth of a QB here.

Very pleased. Honestly, it was weird going into this game. It seemed like I should've been worried about JP, or the OLine, but I wasn't. I was worried about the DLine and the run defense. Turns out that was well-founded.

JP played well. He looked much better in the pocket and even when he broke out of the pocket, his eyes were still downfield. That said, one or two designed runs for JP would've been nice to keep the weak-side pursuit honest. The way everyone collapsed on Willis on that 4th down, I think JP walks into the end zone on a fake to #21 and a bootleg. But I know, we've seen the attempted QB bootleg before on a 4th down against New England...Oh Drew... <_<

We are not going to win many games scoring 10 points though.

The safety was dissapointing but overall I was pleased with the way he handled himself. He was composed. Last year that bad shotgun snap is six points for the Pats. He made good decisions for the most part. He had no picks and as far as I noticed he only really gave the opportunity for one but it was dropped. I think he still needs to work on his exchanges with Fowler and McGahee. There were too many times that the ball was on the ground. Also he still needs to watch his grip on those short hops. There were a couple that could have changed the outcome. Overall though he showed glimpses of what he can become on a regular basis if he continues to develop. He connected on 65% of his passes playing an away game against a tough BB defense. That is saying something about his development. What did he have last year 37% completion rate with three pics? It is a step in the right direction and I bet by the end of this season, if the development continues, teams are going to start dreading having to choose between his arm or Mcgahee's legs.

He was fine. He had a few balls that he underthrew, but he showed poise and wasn't as qucik to try to take off and run. The saftey was no bueno. They should actually design some plays to take advantage of his wheels. There were a few occasions when I thought he could take off and get some big yards. On the whole, I'd give a B.

People are so critical of JP.  Talk about under thrown balls.  Did you watch Eli last night.  I don't see him put under a microscope.

769543[/snapback]

WHAT??? Did you watch the game last night? Every time he farted they put up a stat sheet comparing his farts to Peyton's farts, and then broke away to him mother in the booth who was providing the sniff tests.

The only person who can throw a well-underthrown ball is Brady, as was noted yesterday by Phil Simms. Brady bounces a ball three yards in front of his receiver, but it was good, tight throw.

He's a work-in-progress.... big improvement over last year, let's see how much better he looks at the end of the season before further committment.

769346[/snapback]

Agreed...remember, he looked pretty good against the Texans opening day, last season too...it may not be JP, but a team issue....but have you noticed, the rare games that they played well last season, they played well in the first half, and then become far less effective in the second half...the Whitner int aside, yesterday was another example of that. It is almost like they shoot their wad early, and then hope it is enough, to try to hang on in the second half...

All and all though, it was a pretty good game to start the season out with, for a loss. I liked the whole vibe of the team better yesterday, than what we saw last year...London Fletcher had another great/underrated performance, and JP really did a lot more comfortable. He may be serviceable yet ;)

JP = 67% comp pct. Better get Holcomb in there now!

WTF do people want from this guy? He outplayed Marsha Brady against one of the best defenses in a hostile stadium. But he underthrew some passes so he blows?

Bills fans deserve what they get.

PTR

Also he should have been given more opportunities to win the game. After we held the ball for 5 minutes and get stopped on 4th down, the Pats take a long 93 yard drive and hold the ball. Then we got conservative on 1st down and lost our aggressiveness. Then the Pats take another long drive and settle for a FG. We get the ball back and a phantom penalty pushed us back near our end zone, it didn't give him much of a chance. Some JP bashers tried hard to point him out but the only mistake he made was taking the safety but even then it wasn't like he held the ball too long and took a coverage sack. Somebody blew their job and didn't give him a fighting chance. Bottom line our team didn't give him a chance to win the game as the D couldn't get Pats off the field which allow us to lose our rhythm. And when they did with the int a cheap penalty negated a first down completion to Price. At the end of the game when we stopped them on 3rd and 1 I was like great; if the Pats kick a FG it gives JP a chance to win or lose the game. And based on the struggles the Pats had matching up against our spread offense I was thinking win. But then the D gives up 6 yards on 4th and 2; 3 kneel down GAME OVER! With WM dancing to line in the 2nd half losing yardage combined with an OL that while they protected good most of the game began to breakdown when JP needed them the most. That combined with playcalling that became too conservative on a few drives and a few cheap penalties, they didn't really allow him to try and win the game. It wasn't like he fluttered and started to miss open receivers or make bad decisions. I'm not saying that he would have pulled a John Elway; he might have pulled a Culpepper or Bledsoe act like this past weekend. But I at least wanted to see him get the chance to make plays where legends are born.

Thought JP played really well for a half. As pointed out last night on NBC's highlights....in the 2nd half JP started to hold on to the ball too long. I noticed that and could not figure out why?. He just got out of sync. The Bills coaches need to keep calling quick rhythym pass plays for him and the occasional play action deep ball. Overall, good start for JP in a tough place.

WHAT??? Did you watch the game last night? Every time he farted they put up a stat sheet comparing his farts to Peyton's farts, and then broke away to him mother in the booth who was providing the sniff tests.

The only person who can throw a well-underthrown ball is Brady, as was noted yesterday by Phil Simms. Brady bounces a ball three yards in front of his receiver, but it was good, tight throw.

769567[/snapback]

I remeber that ludacrous statement as well as the one with the Bills up 17-7 he made sure he pointed out that this week one performance doesn't indicate how a good a team is. If the Pats were up 17-7 and dominating like we were he'd be all on their you know what!