No play calls utilizing J.P.s wheels

RVJ

Im not saying make a habit out of it, but maybe once or twice a game.

I was kind of disappointed...

A couple times nothing was open I saw open lanes that J.P.could of easily run for a first down.

A run or two in this game could have made a huge difference.IMHO.

Uh...the context was "There's no plays designed to let Losman run."

I replied "You want a quarterback that runs, start a running back."

What part didn't you understand?  <_<

768931[/snapback]

Well then, we could then have the RB pass the ball to keep the defense honest. You're certainly throwing some crap with your comment.

Uh...the context was "There's no plays designed to let Losman run."

I replied "You want a quarterback that runs, start a running back."

What part didn't you understand?  <_<

768931[/snapback]

I understood what you said. What makes you think I didnt understand what you said? You just took the post out of context. He doesnt want a RB under center to run. He wants Losman to run. How is that hard to understand?

Could it be as simple as this - if the Bills ever want Losman to progress as a QB they would like him to learn the fundamentals (which through his career, he hasn't)? If you design plays that have him leaving the pocket a lot, he'll just revert to the comfort zone of the back foot throwing jumpy happy guy.

Once they feel that he can stand in the pocket to deliver a nice spiral in the face of the pressure, Fairchild will start throwing more things in the game plan.

If he got them why not use them

768975[/snapback]

This question was answered perfectly in the post right before yours:

Could it be as simple as this  -  if the Bills ever want Losman to progress as a QB they would like him to learn the fundamentals (which through his career, he hasn't)?  If you design plays that have him leaving the pocket a lot, he'll just revert to the comfort zone of the back foot throwing jumpy happy guy.

Once they feel that he can stand in the pocket to deliver a nice spiral in the face of the pressure, Fairchild will start throwing more things in the game plan.

768968[/snapback]

Let him get nice and comfy in the pocket, and instead of taking off when his first guy isn't open, let him stand in there and go through his progressions. Once he learns how to do that and we're comfortable with his pocket presence we can start letting him pick his spots to run. The last thing we want is him reverting back to last year's Losman, which involved altogether too much scrambling and not enough checking down. He's on the way though, as he did a good job of this today.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  He's not a dropback passer.  Why not let him use his other abilities too?

768938[/snapback]

They need to turn him into a drop back passer. Mularkey and Co. told him to run around and it made Losman look uncomfortable in the pocket. Losman needs to be comfortable in the pocket to succeed in this league. I have no problems with them not designing plays for him to run. Scrambling will come about in the natural flow of the game.

Could it be as simple as this  -  if the Bills ever want Losman to progress as a QB they would like him to learn the fundamentals (which through his career, he hasn't)?  If you design plays that have him leaving the pocket a lot, he'll just revert to the comfort zone of the back foot throwing jumpy happy guy.

768968[/snapback]

The second half of a tight game against a division rival is NOT the time to work on the progression of your QB's fundamentals. In that half the Bills were presented with a plethora of downs in which they had the opprtunity to gain a distinct afvantage by getting a very mobile QB outside the Tackles. And yet they didn't choose to take advantage of a single one of those opportunities, several of which may have very well changed the entire tenor of that game.

I would have liked to have seen Losman run a litlle too.

Mostly though I wish that they designed some plays for him to roll out on a passing play.

Losman is a mobile QB, not a pocket passer.

768940[/snapback]

Alex Smith of the Niners is very similar to JP. They seem to really like to move him around a lot back there. Did anyone happen to watch that game today? Some of the plays(like a rollout TE screen) were very effective. Bills may want to look at some of the Niner game film.

The second half of a tight game against a division rival is NOT the time to work on the progression of your QB's fundamentals. In that half the Bills were presented with a plethora of downs in which they had the opprtunity to gain a distinct afvantage by getting a very mobile QB outside the Tackles. And yet they didn't choose to take advantage of a single one of those opportunities, several of which may have very well changed the entire tenor of that game.

769022[/snapback]

It depends on whether you want this guy to be the foundation for this team for the next ten years, or move the chains in one game during a rebuilding year.

If he got them why not use them, although they need to learn to call Bootlegs on the right times.  He gots the speed people, its him staying in the pocket worrying about who to pass to that is killing us.

768975[/snapback]

Disagree.. Fairchild is doing the right thing....Losman has to first get the

confidence of throwing in the pocket before running with the ball. We need a

more accurate passer than a runner. Let him get comfortable with the

offense first and then take off if he cannot find any receiver to throw to.

I agree. A QB draw would have been a nice call on that third and 8 that led to a safety. A safe call that may have caught them off guard and a chance to pick up a few yards. It is a great way also to stop a pass rush. Bootlegs, roll-outs etc.. help keep a pass rush off balance. I think as the coaches get a better feel for the team and JP we will see this.