LMAO @ Martin Nance

Lv-Bills

Wow, you were right!  You are simply the best!  Congrats!  :devil:

You have never been high on a player who has been cut or never materialized into anything?  ;)

753967[/snapback]

Thank You.

Damn, people get offended when an internet creation (Nance) makes everyone not look so brilliant after all.

By they way.....the MAC opens up this Thursday......stay tuned for the next big time MAC wideout to start putting up numbers this Thursday. The cycle will continue.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You offer a lot of interesting evidence, but I really want to know: Did the MAC kick your dog or something? You seem to have devoted a lot of energy to crapping on it.

Wait, are you a UB grad? That would explain a hostility to the MAC....  :devil:

753985[/snapback]

HUH? I love the MAC. Just trying to debunk this Martin Nance myth. I was actually pissed off that Dante Ridgeway of Ball State didn't pan out in the pro's. My roommate in college plays for the Bears. Brad Maynard. He's a punter.

To show you how bad the MAC was back then......92-97ish......Maynard was a punter, and a great one at Ball State, and was the conference player of the year.

LOL, a conference player of the year.......and he was a punter. What does that say for the MAC back then? It's much better now, thankfully.

MAC WR's don't do squat in the NFL.  The TBD "experts" whiffed big time on all the Martin Nance theories.  Again, MAC WR's never make it in the NFL.  And Nance wasn't even the best in the conference even when Big Ben was there. 

Now, QB's......and special teamers from the MAC......now that's a different story.

But Nance........."Swing and a miss, strike three"

753917[/snapback]

Congrats. I guess you and LaDaris will be stocking up on the tissues and vaseline today?

I will note that Greg Jennings played his college ball at Western Michigan University and is going to see a ton of snaps in GB this year. Tony Schieffler (also from WMU) was a second round pick of the Broncos and has had a good pre-season as well. It is difficult to project a player based upon the conference he played in, a guy can either play or he can't. I know very little about Nance but if he doesn't do well it will be because he doesn't have the ability to play in the NFL, not because he played in the MAC.

753953[/snapback]

We'll see how much Jennings does this season. And Schieffler is a Tight End (who has had a great camp), not a wideout.

The track record is there. I don't want someone telling me how much Jennings is going to play, I want to see proof. Until then, we'll see. I'm only talking about WR's, not any other position. If you go to any other position, the MAC can show results in the NFL. At WR, outside of Moss, it's pretty much zippo. And we all know Moss was only at Marshall because of his background.

Congrats. I guess you and LaDaris will be stocking up on the tissues and vaseline today?

754023[/snapback]

So, I take this post to mean that you bought a Bills Nance jersey off of Ebay from some guy in Pakistan?

It's OK man, he may still make the practice squad. There's hope!

So, I take this post to mean that you bought a Bills Nance jersey off of Ebay from some guy in Pakistan?

It's OK man, he may still make the practice squad.  There's hope!

754032[/snapback]

Nope. Thought Nance was an intriguing prospect because of his size compared to our other WR's and his decent career in college. No skin off my ass because he got cut. He'll probably end up on our PS.

But i am glad your life is more validated because you can brag on an internet message board that you were correct about a UDFA getting cut. Your friends will be impressed at your ability to trash talk on the internet. You may even impress the 7th graders too!

Nope. Thought Nance was an intriguing prospect because of his size compared to our other WR's and his decent career in college. No skin off my ass because he got cut. He'll probably end up on our PS.

But i am glad your life is more validated because you can brag on an internet message board that you were correct about a UDFA getting cut. Your friends will be impressed at your ability to trash talk on the internet. You may even impress the 7th graders too!

754038[/snapback]

No doubt about it baby. This, the same UDFA that everyone made out to be the next Michael Irvin. It was OK then I guess. I just wanted to talk some facts about a college football player, not about vaseline and kleenex. The Martin Nance myth is laid to rest.

How was the shipping from Pakistan? Did you give the guy good feedback? And remember, wash the jersey in cold so it doesn't fade.

754038[/snapback]

;);):devil:

man, that needed to be said! Well done!

No, all I'm just sticking to the trusim that almost all of them are never skilled enough.  To show people's ignorance of the MAC, you have a guy like Martin Nance.  Nance was a good MAC wideout, but there have been a ton of WR's just as good, and a handful of wideouts much better than Nance that didn't make it.  Nance had size over all of them.  However, there have been better wideouts recently in the MAC that were better that didn't go anywhere in the pros. 

In all fairness, no one would really know this unless you came from a MAC school like a few of us.  But there have been failed MAC wideouts in big numbers over the last five years.  Nance is just another one.  Up to this point, they have been second rate WR's compared to big conference wideouts.

Everyone is acting shocked, but if you look around the league, all of the other MAC wideouts have pretty much been cut from their NFL teams over the last five years also. 

They don't pan out.

753984[/snapback]

No, you're ignoring the fact that there are hundreds of scouts for the NFL and they watch the games closer than you do and they develop perspectives on players as to whether they are capable of playing on Sundays. nance was thought of by a lot of these scouts as a distinct possibility, and was thought to go possibly in the late rounds. He has certain skills and they didn't know how he would stack up against NFL players. But they still thought it was a decent possibility that he could make it. And probably still do.

It's not that these guys don't know or understand the fact that Nance was playing in the MAC. These guys are pretty much the best in the business at their jobs, meaning they get paid by NFL teams to look for prospects. If they saw Nance playing in the PAC 10 instead of the MAC and displaying the exact same skills they would have close to the same read on him. Surely he makes more plays and scores more and looks better because of the competition he is going against. But you don't think these guys may, perhaps, take that into consideration?

Martin, Kwame Cavil, and Kamil Loud are all out having a cup of coffee and pondering what could have been....

753947[/snapback]

Excellent! The true test of Bills faithful...able to remember the obscure and unknown....Kamil, we hardly ever knew ya.

It's ridiculous to say that a MAC receiver will never succeed in the NFL. What, has someone cojured a magic spell or cursed all MAC wideouts until the end of time? Because THERE IS NO MORE LOGICAL EXPLANATION FOR IT. It's merely coincidence that, since Randy Moss, only players from other positions have established themselves in the NFL, and in time your theory will become a falsity.

So division II WR's and even some division III are capable of making it in the NFL, and some even making a huge impact, but MAC WR's??? Forget it.

Nance still has a shot.

He'll be on some teams P.S. and we'll see how he looks at midseason this year or early next year. He has the talent to play in the NFL.

Yeah, ok.  So, you don't think other teams have GM's or assistants or scouts who scour the waiver wire the minute they come out?  I'm not saying the Bills won't get Nance back.....however, if someone likes Nance, he'll be scooped up by tomorrow.  This, the Bills are "sneaking" him through theory is about as far fetched as Nance becoming the Bills next tall redzone target.

753933[/snapback]

The "sneaking him through" theory is not far fetched. It does not start and end with just cutting him during the first cuts and then trying to get him back, it started way back in the start of training camp when he received little to no reps. Didnt you ever wonder why he wasnt on the field getting the ball thrown his way during the games? The point is, no team is going to make a commitment to signing a player when they have no film on him through pre-season games. That's what this process is all about. Yoniel Jourdain comes to mind here.

Teams routinely cut players in the first wave to sneak them onto the PS. Working against the Bills is the Steelers, who need WR's, and who have QB Ben Roethlisberger who used to play with Nance, loves him, and probably received a call from Nance saying he was cut. Again I'd bet that Nance ends up on the PS of the Bills or Steelers at least, and my bet would be the Steelers given their greater need at WR.

MAC WR's don't do squat in the NFL.  The TBD "experts" whiffed big time on all the Martin Nance theories.  Again, MAC WR's never make it in the NFL.  And Nance wasn't even the best in the conference even when Big Ben was there. 

Now, QB's......and special teamers from the MAC......now that's a different story.

But Nance........."Swing and a miss, strike three"

753917[/snapback]

Greg Jennings (Packers - Western Michigan) is looking like he's going to prove you wrong. The staff in GB loves this kid and are already calling him "special".