The New Bills Regime

Casey D

I don't know how the Bills will do under the Levy/Jauron regime, but it's a lot more fun following the team with these guys running the show. They tell the truth as best as I can determine, no secret stuff or double talk as with Donahoe/Mularkey.

Like with Losman--they say he's done some good stuff, he's done some horrible stuff. No trying to explain why the turnovers were somehow OK. It just seems they call a spade a spade, and are trying to make things better without a lot of hype or false bravado--they seem to be willing to let the play talk, good or bad. And although I expect the first half of this season to be pretty brutal, I am hoping by December we will see their work starting to pay off, and have hope again for the playoffs maybe as soon as next year.

Anyway, just my two cents that it is nice to be dealing with good people again who you can really get behind and hope they succeed, after 5 years of almost total BS... CD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, are you "Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog's" close relative or something? Possible romantic interest?

Good post by the way.

BS has decreased by about 99% with Levy and company. I think it's because Levy doesn't hold the perception that the fans are dumb idiots who will believe whatever they're told.

Jauron is also quite astute with his statements and observations. He seems to be aware of how ambiguous certain things can sound and he usually stifles the curiosity with statements like "there's not much to read into here" or "you can read what you want into it but I don't see a reason to".

I attribute Jauron's realistic approach to the fact that he was probably born with a fully functioning brain unlike Mike "the inept botard" Mularkey.

with a fully functioning brain unlike Mike "the inept botard" Mularkey.

748946[/snapback]

Is that like an after effect of Botox or something? It actually eats your brain and makes you a botard? :flirt: I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, sometimes change is not just good, it's badly needed. In our case it was both. We needed to clean house starting with TD all the way down to some of the players. Our young stars and new faces may not fully reach their potential this year, but within the next 2 maybe 3 we will have a REALLY GOOD football team around here. Dare I say, even a contender. Some smart free agent moves and draft classes is all that's needed. Obviously the last group couldn't get it done so it was time for a clean slate. I like what I see thus far, but we will all have to wait and see how things unfold.

The truth is a very powerful thing. I also admired the Bills for the truth that came out of One Bills Drive. For the last 5 years I lost interest in the Bills because Ole Whitey and company lied to and insulted Bills fans. The Bills might go 0-16 or 16-0, it does not matter because they are now a team you can respect.

They treat the fans and players with respect, and Marv still has the passion to win. I think most fans will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of this season.

I attribute Jauron's realistic approach to the fact that he was probably born with a fully functioning brain unlike Mike "the inept botard" Mularkey.

748946[/snapback]

General, I think that Donahoe was more at fault that MM for this mess.

Is Jauron smarter than MM? I would think so; he is a Yale Grad. Is he a better coach? Probably. He is more experienced.

Either way, MM was in a terrible spot last season. He was an inexperienced head coach who had shaky coordinators, especially Gray imo, who would line up his best pass rusher (Schobel) almost in the stands on some plays. He also had TD (and probably RW) looking over his shoulder at all times.

Not bad enough? His OL fell apart, his quarterback was given away, and the best player on the team was injured and lost for the season. Now, toss in a few (perhaps rightly) disgruntled veterans, and this is what MM faced week after week.

Luckily, these are conditions that neither Jauron nor the fans will be forced to endure.

In summary, While I am not trying to sell MM to you in any way, I will never give him the bulk of the blame for the 06 Bills.

When looking at the current situations of MM and TD, it is interesting to note that one of them has a good job, and the other is unemployed.

Both MM and GW were put in impossible spots.

But GW has more than redeemed himself in washington and

unfortunately I'll expect MM to do the same in Miami.

I definitely think TD was the bad apple.

I like what i have seen thus far from levy and jauron.

Now let's hope they win some games!! :devil:

I'd forgive Mularkey those things, but his play-calling was crap.  The Miami game was an embarrassment to lose, when merely running the ball the ENTIRE 2nd half, much less 4th quarter, would have led to a win.

748973[/snapback]

There's a lot of really good points made in this thread. TD did not give the average fan enough respect as to their understanding of the game and the business. The complete dicator-like approach that he had could have been tolerated had he put up results, however since his track record was so ugly, he merely looks like the classic example of being a legend in his own mind. The new approach to the team with Levy and Jauron is indeed very refreshing. I would bet my house that you won't see signs being confiscated at the Ralph any time this season. Developing such an animosity between the team and its customers was a situation that was boiling over.

Greggo may have Norv Turner syndrome in which a person makes a very good coordinator but a terrible head coach.

Mularkey has aloways been sh--.  Remember when he took Bettis out every third down (even short ones) for Amos Zeroue.  Doesn't that sound familiar?

749024[/snapback]

Bettis isn't really a pass-catcher, but when you take out your #1 guy, it does give away a lot to the defense. Meathead hasn't figured this out yet. That's a good thing. We won't see Ronnie Brown on third down.

Is Jauron smarter than MM? I would think so; he is a Yale Grad. Is he a better coach? Probably. He is more experienced.

Either way, MM was in a terrible spot last season. He was an inexperienced head coach who had shaky coordinators, especially Gray imo, who would line up his best pass rusher (Schobel) almost in the stands on some plays. He also had TD (and probably RW) looking over his shoulder at all times.

Not bad enough? His OL fell apart, his quarterback was given away, and the best player on the team was injured and lost for the season. Now, toss in a few (perhaps rightly) disgruntled veterans, and this is what MM faced week after week.

Luckily, these are conditions that neither Jauron nor the fans will be forced to endure.

In summary, While I am not trying to sell MM to you in any way, I will never give him the bulk of the blame for the 06 Bills.

748969[/snapback]

1) What OL? Agree it was TD's fault. Any talent there was gutted and replaced with inadequacy. Maybe MM could have been more vocal about the need, but would it have even mattered?

2) He agreed with dumping Bledsoe. And then he waffled on JP.

3) Every team has injuries. Not his fault (unless you count the dumping of Rusty Jones for his inexperienced guy), but you've gotta go with the 53 you have.

4) He let EM, SA, et al. throw temper tantrums that made for a bad whole-team mojo. I thought it was a chicken move by TD and Ralph to paint over the Moulds situation when MM wanted him suspended. That castrated MM in the eyes of the team, the fans, the media.... But, he allowed the locker room to get that toxic in the first place.

When you're a HC you need to own responsibility for the whole team. If you don't like something or if it doesn't work, it's on you to change it. He didn't, and I hope he learned from it. He chose to start fresh somewhere else rather than stay in an awkward situation. Can't fault him for that. The blame can be dished out some, but a lot is left on MM's plate.

Greggo may have Norv Turner syndrome in which a person makes a very good coordinator but a terrible head coach.

749024[/snapback]

Couldn't say it better myself.

The new regime is a breath of fresh air after the toxicity. I've always been one to say Who cares what other people know about our personnel, our injuries, etc.? Good teams do what they do and run over the opposition even when they know what's coming. Time to get back to Buffalo Bills football after five years of the team trying to be someone else.

Both MM and GW were put in impossible spots.

But GW has more than redeemed himself in washington and

unfortunately I'll expect MM to do the same in Miami.

I definitely think TD was the bad apple.

I like what i have seen thus far from levy and jauron.

I agree with TD being the biggest problem. However again I cannot excuse Mularkey's crap play-calling during the season and ESPECIALLY in that Miami game (it was a downer during an otherwise great Disney vacation!). Just because TD was a control freak does NOT mean that MM couldn't call a smart game.

Now let's hope they win some games!!  :devil:

I hear you on that one.

The truth is a very powerful thing. 

748959[/snapback]

Truth breeds accountability, we've had NO accountability on this team for a while. If you do something well we'll say so and reward you, if you do something badly we'll let you know right away, let you know exactly what we want changed and move on. Every knows where they stand and noone can hide. It's a great way to run an organization

Truth breeds accountability, we've had NO accountability on this team for a while.  If you do something well we'll say so and reward you, if you do something badly we'll let you know right away, let you know exactly what we want changed and move on.  Every knows where they stand and noone can hide.  It's a great way to run an organization

749104[/snapback]

It would be neat to see the federal government run this way. :devil:

1] It's good to have Donohoe gone, especially because the novices that he hired as HC didn't handle the public responsibilities well, which is one of the reasons that new HC's often fail. That, combined with the fuhrer's approach didn't and doesn't sit well with Buffalo and their fans.

2] We knew the point of the post going in. Everyone here knew Marv was a great guy and goodwill ambassador. Even his harshest critics would easily and gladly admit they like him as a man, as a speaker, as a Hall of Famer. Anyone who knew a thing about Dick jauron also knew this going in. I can't recall anyone anywhere saying he was anything but a great guy, player's coach, up front, you know where you stand with him. Not one bit of this has been unexpected.

3] The real refreshing guys IMO have been Fairchild and Fewell. They were the unknowns. I really like the style of play we are seeing so far.

4] Surely, we know nothing of how any single bit of this transfers to the field and the win column. I sincerely doubt that many Bears fans screaming bloody murder for Jauron's head a few years back thought he was a bad guy or turned into a jerk. Good guys only take you so far. In fact, Marv's good guyitis probably cost us a couple Super Bowls.

5] Another thing in all this good guy stuff is that so far, they have practiced what they preached about character. Listening to guys like Robert Royal, Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, Larry Tripplett, etc., speak, they surely come across as smart, good, high character guys. That could go a long way.

We don't know if they are winners yet. One of TD's main downfalls, perhaps his greatest downfall alongside hiring not ready for prime time coaches, was bringing in a lot of talented players who were not winners.

What a great thread! There has been alot of accurate insights also. What also helps this administration is the fact that most of them are one of us. They TRULY have our best interests at heart. Intentions and character can't be measured in a stat line but I think that we will all see and enjoy, hopefully in the very near future, the benefits of these aspects of our personnel.

When looking at the current situations of MM and TD, it is interesting to note that one of them has a good job, and the other is unemployed.

748969[/snapback]

You make a very good point. MM did get alot of adversity thrown his way last season and he probably was the guy at the bottom of the hill that all the sh_t rolled down on. Donahoe was definitely the brains (or lack thereof) behind the operation and I think he was constantly using band-aids to address major wounds. (i.e. his constant aquisition of aging veterans who were 85% through their careers) and his complete inattention to drafting a good O-line.

My big beef with Mularkey (and so it seems everyone elses too) was his playcalling. It's like the guy was comfortable with a 10 point lead and went into conservative mode to hold a lead. While I don't believe that it is acceptable to run the score up I certainly think it's okay to pass the ball even if you're up by 14 points.

I will say for TD that aquiring Fletcher, Spikes and Milloy (his 1st 2 years here were good) were not bad moves at all. It just seemed that he loved high profile yet spent veterans (no reference to Spikes or Fletcher) .

I've always loved to watch things get built from scratch and I truly believe that Marv and company adhere to the same principal, although part of their dynasty is in place with McGahee, Evans and possibly Losman (no hate to him on my behalf he just hasn't had the chance yet) and some other soon to be great players.

This is one of the more impressive threads I've seen going on this board lately.

:devil:

What a great thread! There has been alot of accurate insights also. What also helps this administration is the fact that most of them are one of us. They TRULY have our best interests at heart. Intentions and character can't be measured in a stat line but I think that we will all see and enjoy, hopefully in the very near future, the benefits of these aspects of our personnel.

749150[/snapback]

I sometimes wonder if these boards aren't grazed upon by some members of BB (not necessarily players) to seek out opinions and fan levels. (not that any of us are coaches but we do seem to represent the die-hards who actually like to think a bit about the team)

Is that like an after effect of Botox or something? It actually eats your brain and makes you a botard? :devil: I kid, I kid.

748958[/snapback]

Not sure where Casey is from but here is the root of Botard where I live. As a youth, the kids on the short bus would go to BOCES for their special needs. Cruel teenagers picked up on this and started calling these kids Botards as a combo of BOCES and retard. Kids can be cruel. 0:)please ignore # 1

unlike Mike "the inept botard" Mularkey.

748946[/snapback]

HAHAHA :devil: I haven't heard the word "botard" in a long time. Combination of boce and retard. It's like retech... ah 8th grade was fun...you are right btw it is nice to see a guy tell the truth without the song and dance.