Be a good wife!

mcjeff215

That is just tooooo funny.  I have my doubts that it's for real.

746295[/snapback]

My wife Pat has been abiding by those rules for as long as we have been married, it is tried and true advice that all women should follow.

Snopes be damned. A lot of this is true. But perhaps not that actual article.

Except for the part about not questioning if my dad stayed out late or all night (which he never did).....this was my mother. I never saw her in a bathrobe or not showered and dressed after 8am any day unless she was really sick. She would ALWAYS shower and change clothes about an hour before my dad got home.

She even used to feed us kids early and bathe us so that we would be all fresh and rested for our "time with father". We spent quality time with our dad, but we were not permitted to whine or bicker - we could only discuss positive subjects and/or world events. Then we would be banished to our bedrooms around 7:30pm while they had their family dinner. Once a child turned 12 (and became civilized with table manners) they could join the family dinner table. We would all look forward to that day - it was a huge milestone.

When I was a struggling mom with 4 kids and having to work full time, I always wished I could have lived my mother's life. :P

:P 

Why can we not complain about you being out all night without explanation??  :(

746367[/snapback]

Because you'd be putting your feelings ahead of your man's. That's not right. He'll tell you what he thinks you need to know.

Because you'd be putting your feelings ahead of your man's. That's not right.  He'll tell you what he thinks you need to know.

746425[/snapback]

So if he's out with another woman all night we are supposed to be okay with that? :P