Be a good wife!

mcjeff215

Snopes be damned.  A lot of this is true. But perhaps not that actual article.

Except for the part about not questioning if my dad stayed out late or all night (which he never did).....this was my mother.  I never saw her in a bathrobe or not showered and dressed after 8am any day unless she was really sick. She would ALWAYS shower and change clothes about an hour before my dad got home.

She even used to feed us kids early and bathe us so that we would be all fresh and rested for our "time with father".  We spent quality time with our dad, but we were not permitted to whine or bicker - we could only discuss positive subjects and/or world events. Then we would be banished to our bedrooms around 7:30pm while they had their family dinner.  Once a child turned 12 (and became civilized with table manners) they could join the family dinner table.  We would all look forward to that day - it was a huge milestone.

When I was a struggling mom with 4 kids and having to work full time, I always wished I could have lived my mother's life.  :(

746424[/snapback]

This sounds kinda like my mom too. :P

So if he's out with another woman all night we are supposed to be okay with that?  :(

746453[/snapback]

Absolutely. :P

Because it obviously is due to something you did, or more likely DIDN'T do, that caused him to spend the night with another woman. :doh:

Besides, I'm sure he's just TALKING with her. :wacko:

Why, what did you expect him to be doing? :P

<_<

Absolutely.  :doh:

Because it obviously is due to something you did, or more likely DIDN'T do, that caused him to spend the night with another woman.  :(

746466[/snapback]

I see your point. <_<

The article, whether is legit or not, was probably referring to him being out all night with his buddies or something. Which I have no problem with just as long as he's not out every night. :P:wacko:

This is the exact polar opposite of what I come home to at night.....

- Once a year there might be a meal cooked

- My kids hit me with the days problems right when I get there....because mom doesn't want to deal with them....usually causing me to walk back out

- If I want something cold to drink I better make sure it was put in the fridge before I leave for work

In all seriousness.....I dont ask a lot of my family other then they get their homework done, dont blow up anything in the house, and stay off the police blotter.....I work days and my wife works graveyards.....how in the heck am I going to get a 3 course meal?

This is the exact polar opposite of what I come home to at night.....

- Once a year there might be a meal cooked

- My kids hit me with the days problems right when I get there....because mom doesn't want to deal with them....usually causing me to walk back out

- If I want something cold to drink I better make sure it was put in the fridge before I leave for work

In all seriousness.....I dont ask a lot of my family other then they get their homework done, dont blow up anything in the house, and stay off the police blotter.....I work days and my wife works graveyards.....how in the heck am I going to get a 3 course meal?

746487[/snapback]

That's not right. Is it necessary that you both have to work? If not, then your wife should stay home and support you and the family. Maybe I'm old fashioned. That's just me though. :P