Posey released

duey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posey is probably like a couple hundred other guys in the NFL. On the right team, in the right scheme, he can be very effective. On the wrong team, with the wrong scheme, not so much...I know when he was with Houston, Posey was a terrific pass rushing linebacker...I thought TD made a great move bringing him to Buffalo, relatively cheaply. It just never worked out, likely, for a myriad of reasons, many of them outside Posey's control...don't be surprised to see him spend another 4 or 5 good years somewhere else...

Crowell was always goingf to start this year and Courtney Watson brings starting experience and a better fit to our D than Posey. Poseys days were numbered in this scheme, he was a good fit in our old D, and can go elsewhere and do a job. I'm glad the Bills made a move now to give him a shot in another camp. He won't be on waivers for long.

For the last 3 years while Posey was for the most part invisible, all I heard was that "he was doing what the coaches asked him to do in that scheme". I've never heard of a scheme where you are almost NEVER involved in the play. Even by accident, he should have made a play now and then. I guess Jauron had a different impression of his play.

Good-bye and good riddance.

For the last 3 years while Posey was for the most part invisible, all I heard was that "he was doing what the coaches asked him to do in that scheme".  I've never heard of a scheme where you are almost NEVER involved in the play.  Even by accident, he should have made a play now and then. I guess Jauron had a different impression of his play.

737341[/snapback]

For an invisible guy, the other teams usually did a fine job of finding and blocking him.

For an invisible guy, the other teams usually did a fine job of finding and blocking him.

737344[/snapback]

You think that may have been the main reason he's no longer here?

For the last 3 years while Posey was for the most part invisible, all I heard was that "he was doing what the coaches asked him to do in that scheme".  I've never heard of a scheme where you are almost NEVER involved in the play.  Even by accident, he should have made a play now and then. I guess Jauron had a different impression of his play.

737341[/snapback]

Maybe Jauron saw game film of Posey getting deked by Chad Pennington...

I can see it now: "Well, the other team is offering me a million more, but you guys treated Jeff Posey well two year ago, so I'll sign with you"

737298[/snapback]

Hey they gave 2.5M signing bonus to Reed, when no one wanted him....

Also, even though Price is fast clicking at the #2 WR spot, and might be

an upgrade for us, at that point of time they paid him 2.5M when the only

other team offering him a contract, the NE Patriots, wanted him to sign

for Vet. Minimum...

Another thing this may mean, and IMO it has something to do with it, is that the Bills are certain now that TKO is back. That doesn't at all mean back to full strength, no one knows that yet, but back enough to know that he is going to be the starting SLB on opening day. They likely assumed he would be back but needed to see it and be sure, and as soon as they were, they could now release Posey.

737305[/snapback]

Kelly,

You hit the nail right on the head....I think the coaching staff has to really feel

very good about TKOs chances that they got rid of a decent player, who might

be valuable if Spikes cannot come back from his injury.