NFL NETWORK VS TIME WARNER UPDATE

Holy Crap!  Fez on the side of the evil cable moguls. 

Head for the hills the apocolypse is near.  <_<

734791[/snapback]

Actually, I just figure if TW doesn't get NFL Network, more people will sign up for Dish/DirecTV 0:):w00t:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye HD Locals <_<

735039[/snapback]

That's what antennas are for. Better picture than cable anyway.

Or, just wait until the middle of next year and most of the country will have HD locals from the dish as well.

Either way, better than the Evil Empire(s). 0:)

CW

Seriously, how many subscribers must TWC have? Even if the number is as low as 10 million, with the contract being 100 mil/year, divide that by 10 mil, and then another 12 to get the monthly cost. (About .83 cents per month per customer to have it as a regular basic cable package)

But TWC figures "Hey we can get a butload of folks to pay for our 6.95/mo premium sports pacakge".

Rip-off artists.

I wrote Time Warner in the NC market bitching about not having NFL network. This was the reply I got in my email last night.

Hello,

Having the NFL Network as a part of our programming is important for us too! It’s just as important for us to continue providing valuable programming to our customers. Right now, the NFL Network wants to increase prices by 350%. We can’t accept that offer because it isn’t fair for our customers. TWC simply wants access to the NFL Network at a fair price and provide the best value to our customers. I can assure you we are working hard to come to an agreement with the NFL Network as quickly as possible. Working through this issue quickly means taking action! We’re speaking out and encourage you to do the same. Go to www.nflgetreal.com to get the facts and send a message to the NFL Network.

Thank you for being a Time Warner Cable Customer. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Hope Vinson

Marketing Manager

Time Warner Cable

3809 Shipyard Blvd.

Wilmington, NC 28403

hope.vinson@twcable.com

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, the NFL Network wants to increase prices by 350%.  We can’t accept that offer because it isn’t fair for our customers.

738351[/snapback]

give me a break! Time Warner will be making hundreds of millions in ad revenues from broadcasting the games! way more than 350% more. theyre just trying to line their pockets even more! i like my digital cable but if they dont pick up NFL Network before we start missing games in november im switching to dish. until then ive been calling 1-866-NFL-NETWORK to complain.

this site has some good facts: www.timewarnergetreal.com

give me a break! Time Warner will be making hundreds of millions in ad revenues from broadcasting the games! way more than 350% more. theyre just trying to line their pockets even more! i like my digital cable but if they dont pick up NFL Network before we start missing games in november im switching to dish. until then ive been calling 1-866-NFL-NETWORK to complain.

this site has some good facts: www.timewarnergetreal.com

745072[/snapback]

I don't think the cable provider reaps the ad revenue.

Not that it means much, but yesterday, when I called Time Warner to pay my cable bill, I asked them once again (as I do every month) about the NFL Network...instead of the standard "we are in negotiations line" that they have been giving the past year", the guy said, "we are very hopeful to be able to offer the NFL Network before the season officially starts"....it may mean nothing, but the employees, in the past have given me the same scripted response. Maybe they are making some progress....

Not that it means much, but yesterday, when I called Time Warner to pay my cable bill, I asked them once again (as I do every month) about the NFL Network...instead of the standard "we are in negotiations line" that they have been giving the past year", the guy said, "we are very hopeful to be able to offer the NFL Network before the season officially starts"....it may mean nothing, but the employees, in the past have given me the same scripted response.  Maybe they are making some progress....

745089[/snapback]

Would be nice..........but I doubt it. The funny thing is that Time Warner's own employees don't even know what is going on.

I went to the Erie County Fair last week and confronted the people at the Time Warner booth in the AgriCenter about the NFL Network issue. (FUNNY NOTE.....On their display TV, what network did they have on???? None other that the NFL NETWORK!!!! HA! I walked up to them laughing and I asked the guy why they were trying to lure people in with the one network they refuse to carry and are doing everything they can to get rid of.....the guy didn't have an answer!!!) Anyways, I digress........

So, I confronted them with the fact that over 200 other cable companies have this in their basic package, along with Dish and DirecTV, and I asked them why they had to be soooooo against it. The people in the booth, THAT WORK for Time Warner, said that those other cable companies don't mind paying the fee!!!!!! On top of that, these people were trying to tell me that it was NFL NETWORK THAT WANTED TO BE PLACED ON A SPORTS PACKAGE!!!! THEY SAID TIME WARNER WANTS IT ON THE BASIC PACKAGE! WHAT IDIOTS!!! I told them that they had it backwards and they kepts saying that NFL Network was only going to agree to be on their system in a Sports Package. I asked them why NFL Network would want to be on a Sports Package that VERY few people buy insted of being on a basic package that everyone receives.....the guy finally figured out that I knew more than he did at this point and didn't answer.

Well, I could see that these idiots had no ide what they were talking about, so I asked them if us former Adelphia subscribers were going to get our bills lowered after they pull the NFL Network again for repayment of the fees we all paid for the Empire Sports Network and then the NFL Network............They said NO, of course. So, I asked them why not and they didn't have an answer for that either. I also asked them why I have to pay MORE for Time Warner Cable than I would Dish or DirecTV for less channels, worse picture quality, and 50 channels I HAVE NO INTEREST IN without even getting the one channel I want (NFL NETWORK), and they said because those companies have less overhead and maitenance costs. Well, as I recall, they are reporting record profits in the 30-40 BILLION range last year.

I just thought that was pretty funny that their own employees don't have a clue as to what this is all about. I told them the only ones getting hurt in all this is the customer and that I would switch to DirecTV. (Well, I would if I could, but I can't)

So, I guess I am just stuck here. SCREW TIME WARNER!!!!!