Brodrick Bunkley arrested for loaded gun

According to ProfootballTalk.com, Brodrick Bunkley has been arrested for having a loaded handgun on the dashboard of his car.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"The arrest, which was made by the Delaware River Port Authority on one of the bridges connecting Pennsylvania to New Jersey, happened a couple of weeks ago. An effort was made to get the charges dropped quietly, but prosecutors (we're told) have refused to do so."

I know that ProFootballTalk.com isn't always the most accurate source, but they actually have had many more hits than misses. They're much better than say their hockey counterpart Eklund on hockeybuzz.com. And they are 1000000% better than Soprano!

At any rate, if even part if this is true, IMO it will only make Marv look that much smarter for his draft selections, quieting those who shouted for the Bills to take Bunkley over & over leading up to the draft.

eh who cares if its true. It's no longer shocking or obscene Show me someone with money or fame or even your average joe blow who doesnt carry guns then I'd be a little more suprised. He'll get a fine and that will be that. I dont think what he did is terrible if true. BTW ATHF rocks

yup you dont want to mess with me home boy I roll with some real og's ;)

I roll with Willie Nelson and we like to drink juice. Also Mc P pants on occasion...

No but seriously its not like he shot anyone that Im aware of or is selling drugs. I dont see the problem with carrying firearms if properly registered and used for hunting and or protection for yourself or family.

I totally agree with you, if the gun is owned legally, I believe you should be able to carry it anytime, anywhere. In this case though, if he was arrested & the charges were not dropped later after a proper check was conducted, I'm going to say that he doesn't have it properly registered and his hard nosed contract negotiations with the Eagles just took a turn for the worse. I guess only time will tell.

eh who cares if its true.  It's no longer shocking or obscene Show me someone with money or fame or even your average joe blow who doesnt carry guns then I'd be a little more suprised. He'll get a fine and that will be that.  I dont think what he did is terrible if true. BTW ATHF rocks

730449[/snapback]

Well if he was arrested then I suspect he didn't have the gun legally. At this point he's less than the average Joe being a recent college graduate who is still unemployed. And yes this event could make him famous.

So many of these young athletes are a bunch of turds. They grow up watching star professional athletes that do it the right way and see so many examples of doing it the wrong way, yet many can't figure it out before they screw up themselves.

According to ProfootballTalk.com, Brodrick Bunkley has been arrested for having a loaded handgun on the DASHBOARD OF HIS CAR.

730443[/snapback]

How about if we address the "dashboard" issue, shall we?

I have owned a firearm for 25 years. Not only have I never placed it on my dashboard, I have not ever seen anybody put a gun on the dashboard of any vehicle, nor have I heard stories of any person doing so. Then again, maybe I missed something. ;)

The above leads me to believe one or more of the following:

1) The police officers were not telling the truth.

2) Bunkley was high on a substance in order to do something that stupid.

3) Bunkley was in immediate fear of his life (even then, why the dashboard? Why not the seat?)

4) Bunkley is a blithering idiot.

My vote goes to #s 2 and 4.

As for #1, there is zero gain in commiting perjury in order to arrest an athlete who in all probability will walk anyway. Cops are not well paid, but the pension is great! Why risk it for some scumbag? I could never understand that.

Wrt #3, I would not like to meet the man who places Bunkley in fear of his life. Also, was he going to run into said scary person while in his automobile, waiting to pay a toll? Too hard to believe from where I sit, ya know? :P

I have been as critical of the Bills 06 draft as has anybody, but maybe, just maybe there is something to be said for what Marv is trying to do. Not that I am surprised, but these idiots are getting arrested (one over a parking violation ;) ) all over the league.

Did Andy Reid have enough problems with T.O., or does he need a 1st round pick said to have super-human strength, riding around toll plazas with a gun on his dashboard? ;)

My views on how to build a football team will never change, but at least none of our kids were arrested, and I am going to give some credit to Marv.

Now, let's hope it stays this way (and that our kids can play). :P

im glad we have the right to bear arms........ however they cant be loaded  ;)

730470[/snapback]

What do you do with the rest of the bear?

You know?

The legs, head and torso now you've got his arms.

And why do you need his arms?

;)

I find this report awfully suspicious primarily because arrests are public record, and no mainstream news agency has yet confirmed this story. Comcast just picked up the report, but that little brief solely quotes the ProFootballTalk site.

Comcast

Nonetheless, Bunkley has yet to show anything that makes me regret the Bills passing on him. Of course, that isn't saying much at this stage.

What do you do with the rest of the bear?

You know?

The legs, head and torso now you've got his arms.

And why do you need his arms?

:blink:

730540[/snapback]

I think he meant to say bare arms. On the right body bare legs and midriffs are also OK.

According to ProfootballTalk.com, Brodrick Bunkley has been arrested for having a loaded handgun on the dashboard of his car.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"The arrest, which was made by the Delaware River Port Authority on one of the bridges connecting Pennsylvania to New Jersey, happened a couple of weeks ago.  An effort was made to get the charges dropped quietly, but prosecutors (we're told) have refused to do so."

730443[/snapback]

The initial reaction is to think the dudes a punk or gangbanger. It's also possible the guy feels he has to protect himself. Philly's not the safest city, and a rich pro athelte (in a nice ride no doubt) makes an attractive target. Just considering the other side.

PTR