Hows this for a mock draft?

Tom

I'm not a draft guy at all, so this may be presumption on my part, but is he saying that the Colts will lose to Denver in the playoffs, who will then lose to Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game, and that the Seahawks will advance to the SB (and lose to Pittsburgh again) after beating DALLAS in the NFC Championship game?

Great. There'll be nothing but love on this board if we have the worst record in the NFL next year while Bledsoe is one game away from a SB.

"Great. There'll be nothing but love on this board if we have the worst record in the NFL next year while Bledsoe is one game away from a SB."

Of course, there'd be nothing but love on this board if Bledose led us to within one game of the Super Bowl. Or within one minute of winning the Super Bowl. Or anything but a title.

There's nothing BUT love on TBD.

It would be cool if Drew Stanton wen't so high. I played against him in high school.

720783[/snapback]

Looks like they're not considering underclassmen, which is why none of the top 3 WRs (Calvin Johnson of Ga Tech, Ted Ginn of Ohio State, and USC's Dwayne Jarrett) are mentioned.

What the hell? Only one round!

If we suck this year, then I hope we really do finish in the cellar so we can get Brady, but if we're halfway decent, then either JP of Nall will likely deserve to stick around anyway. My biggest worry is that we suck, but just enough to miss Brady by one or two picks.

Looks like they're not considering underclassmen, which is why none of the top 3 WRs (Calvin Johnson of Ga Tech, Ted Ginn of Ohio State, and USC's Dwayne Jarrett) are mentioned.

720840[/snapback]

Ted Ginn is amazing. Everytime I see him touch the ball he rips off a long gain- no matter if he is returning, running, catching....

We can only HOPE we get Brady Quinn next year.

Whats more likely to happen is that we're bad...but not #1 overall pick bad. More like #3 overall pick bad and we'd lose out on Brady Quinn. Thats the way the Bills' luck seems to be rolling along these days.

James Alder

Experience:

He is a sportswriter who has covered the world of football exclusively for six NFL seasons at About. He has a lifetime of experience closely following all sports, with a never-ending interest in the history and legends of the games. James has also appeared as a special guest on WCCO Radio in Minneapolis, Mn., been quoted in "The Washington Times", and has served as an American Football consultant to BBC Radio in London. He has also appeared on ESPN Radio Network's KRKO Radio in Seattle and has published a trivia book called "YaKnow? Pro Football".

That just about says it all for me.

Maybe I am a homer, but I really don't think Buffalo is a last place team. I think observers outside of Buffalo saw Buffalo jettison name players: Sam Adams, Mike Williams, Eric Moulds, and Lawyer Milloy, and figured "Oh they got rid of their stars. They are rebuilding with a new coaching staff and they are going to suck." The trouble is not one of those so-called stars were producing what their reputations suggested they should be producing. Thus, the Bills lost little or no production when the cut them loose.

The Bills' coaching staff last season lost the respect of the players on both sides of the ball, leading to that dismal 5-11 record. It is a new coaching staff, but the all come to the Bills with strong credentials. Jauron has been questioned to be sure because his record as a head coach was not that good, but there were extenuating circumstances, and he too appears to be a solid guy. I can't see this coaching staff having a negative effect on the team's performance in comparison to last year's coaching staff.

The Bills have added speed and character in the present offseason. Given all these factors, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a 7-9/8-8 record in the coming season. No, that's no playoffs, and I'd love to see something a lot better, but 7-9 is only two wins better than last season. To me that is not a stretch and it's not homerism. It's just saying maybe the Bills did a couple things right in the present offseason.

I already ordered my Brady Quinn jersey online. Quinn #10 Buffalo Bills.

721274[/snapback]

Actually, they will be retiring #10 and putting AVP's name up on the ring of fame next season...