New Sabres logo leaked?

mtdoak

There is only one, and one reason why the Sabres are doing this.

Mad Goat Head Sabres Logo + Larry Quinn = Too much of a reminder of Doug Moss.

Quinn has done a lot of great things. Bringing back the Blue and Gold would be fantastic (partly because there are real gold tiles in the Sabres home dressing room, and Quinny needs to justify the cost of those 10 plus years later?) But it would not be surprising for me at all for Quinn to remove the last remaining thumbprint of the Doug Moss era, which would be new uni's. IMHO, not necessary.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the big "CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL SEPT. 2006" stamped across these proofs leads me to believe they are fakes. It just seems a little TOO contrived. We'll see.

There is only one, and one reason why the Sabres are doing this.

Mad Goat Head Sabres Logo + Larry Quinn = Too much of a reminder of Doug Moss.

715287[/snapback]

Err, yeah, nevermind the decades of blue and gold tradition and the fact that the fans still like those uniforms better. ;)

Holy hell is that awful.  I never thought they could manage to do worse than the current unis, but if these are the real deal it looks as though they have.

715339[/snapback]

PLEASE GOD LISTEN TO ME!

I have suffered all my life as a loyal Buffalo sports fan. Recently you thought it would be funny to change the Bills uniforms to a more USFL look. We've sucked ever since. Now you are playing with my mind redoing the Sabres jersey. I hope you are playing with me and my friends god. Every man has a breaking point and I'm geting close to mine.

Your humble redneck servant SC

Holy hell is that awful.  I never thought they could manage to do worse than the current unis, but if these are the real deal it looks as though they have.

715339[/snapback]

Personally I would take the uniforms we have now over these "Vegas Gold" looking ones. I really think this is all just a smoke screen to bring back the old yellow and blue.

PLEASE GOD LISTEN TO ME!

I have suffered all my life as a loyal Buffalo sports fan. Recently you thought it would be funny to change the Bills uniforms to a more USFL look. We've sucked ever since. Now you are playing with my mind redoing the Sabres jersey. I hope you are playing with me and my friends god. Every man has a breaking point and I'm geting close to mine.

Your humble redneck servant SC

715348[/snapback]

You know, honestly, this was the easiest job in the entire world. Go back to the original Sabres uniforms with some slight tweaks to update the look for the 21st century. I don't know, maybe alter the font for the names and numbers. Change the buffalo jumping through the swords a little bit. The golf equivalent is having to make a putt from 3 inches away.

What the team may have done here is:

Take what we didn't like about the current logo and amplify it by a factor of 100.

NOT add the swords back into the logo.

Create a football logo for a hockey team.

Give the buffalo this weird lone ranger mask thing.

Create a logo that looks less like a buffalo than any other logo in Buffalo sports history.

The golf equivalent would be to attempt a 3 inch putt and end up smashing the ball about 150 yards past the hole.

If the team is really so tone deaf that they thought this is what the fans were clamoring for, it really makes me skeptical about everything else they're going to do from here on out.

Do what I did. While there isn't a direct link to the marketing dept., I sent an email to webmaster@sabres.com. In the subject I put please pass to marketing, new logo leaked.

I then informed the marketing department that the new unis were awful (I provided links to the sites with the unis) and whoever designed or approved them should be fired.

Maybe if they get enough emails the will stop.

Very interesting!!

715350[/snapback]

It's WTF better than that abortion that "leaked" out. Maybe they are testing the fans to get a response and "leaked" it intentionally. I just hope that cross between the San Diego Chargers and Frankfurt Galaxy goes away.

No friggin' way.  The backwards "B" is a clear giveaway.

715370[/snapback]

There are a few other problems.

-The jersey has a CCM tag. All NHL jerseys, other than the Canadiens (and maybe one or two others) now have Reekbok tags. There's also some weird effect going on with that CCM tag that I'm having trouble putting to words.

-The stripe pattern along the sides looks like it was just drawn on using Paint or some other program. Notice how the seem across the bottom in the white section of the jersey disappears in the darker colors.