New Sabres logo leaked?

mtdoak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, front office people.  Did they have a focus group only consisting of people who drive Honda Fits or Grand Ams?

716910[/snapback]

If they did it's obvious the Honda Fits won the battle :lol:

Horrendous. Atrocious. Abominable. Disgraceful. A complete and total abortion.

A legless Buffalo? WTF? That's what happens when teams do things cheaply. As long as Larry Quinn and company keep giving Buffalo Sabres fans what they think we want instead of what we actually want, it will be the same old crap over and over.

Why in the name of all that is holy and sacred not just give the fans what they want? Why is that so flipping hard? The OLD Logo just as it was and the old colors. Maybe tweak the colors, update the shoulder patches at most. How hard is that? Instead we get a legless Buffalo on a clown outfit. Sad. Just sad.

One of the "amateurs" at sportslogos.net took the new logo and made up some concept jerseys around them. And, once again, the "amateur" did an outstanding job.

These are actually cool uniforms:

Fan Creations

It's amazing how many people with photoshop and an imagination can do better than whoever the hell the Sabres hired. There's a ten out of ten chance that the picture I just linked will be cooler than the actual jerseys once we see them.

This one is cool too:

YELLOW!

One of the "amateurs" at sportslogos.net took the new logo and made up some concept jerseys around them.  And, once again, the "amateur" did an outstanding job.

These are actually cool uniforms:

Fan Creations

It's amazing how many people with photoshop and an imagination can do better than whoever the hell the Sabres hired.  There's a ten out of ten chance that the picture I just linked will be cooler than the actual jerseys once we see them.

This one is cool too:

YELLOW!

717105[/snapback]

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt until I see an actual jersey. The more I think about it, I can live with the crappy logo as long as its a more traditional style jersey (no diagonal stripes, 3 colors max).

Someone over at sportslogos.net posted other designs submitted to the Sabres by the design firm that were eventually rejected by the team in favor of the Banana Slug. As usual, take these with a grain of salt.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-3.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-4.gif

The first one is definitely along the lines of what I would have wanted (although I liked John Slabyk's (Celsuis Design's) fat buffalo in between the swords better. I admire the creativity of the second one, but only as a shoulder patch (I don't know if I want a tribute to rivers as our primary logo).

I admire the creativity of the second one, but only as a shoulder patch (I don't know if I want a tribute to rivers as our primary logo).

717421[/snapback]

Usually, when a piece of work is accompanied by some airy prose like that, it's to try to justify something that's craptacular. Let the design communicate what you want to say. (And often, designers simply create an alternate in a couple of hours that they know will be rejected, just to steer eyes toward the one they like and make it look all the better in comparison).

In the first design, I hope those were early sketches. The V-shields look like sh--, and a 'Way to copy the Thrashers!' came to mind.

Usually, when a piece of work is accompanied by some airy prose like that, it's to try to justify something that's craptacular. Let the design communicate what you want to say. (And often, designers simply create an alternate in a couple of hours that they know will be rejected, just to steer eyes toward the one they like and make it look all the better in comparison).

In the first design, I hope those were early sketches. The V-shields look like sh--, and a 'Way to copy the Thrashers!' came to mind.

717468[/snapback]

It doesn't help that the Buffalo looks like a friggin elf either.

We got a petition going on another board,but not many sigs yet. It probably wont do any good,but it has worked in the past. Please spread it around to any Sabres fan you know. If enough people complain. I sent an email the other day,as did many others. Thanks.

http://www.petitiononline.com/newlogo1/petition.html

717605[/snapback]

With such big name signees such as #4 Tom Galisano, #22 Heywood Jablowme, and #23 Napoleon Dynamite, I think this online petition should carry a good deal of weight with the Sabres Execs.

Someone over at sportslogos.net posted other designs submitted to the Sabres by the design firm that were eventually rejected by the team in favor of the Banana Slug.  As usual, take these with a grain of salt.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-3.gif

The first one is definitely along the lines of what I would have wanted (although I liked John Slabyk's (Celsuis Design's) fat buffalo in between the swords better.  I admire the creativity of the second one, but only as a shoulder patch (I don't know if I want a tribute to rivers as our primary logo).

717421[/snapback]

I think Disney might sue, because it looks an awful lot like the beast from Beauty and the Beast.

717468[/snapback]

Without the description, Nobody, and I mean Nobody would ever be able to guess what the "artist", and I use the term loosely intended to represent. You could have offered me a million dollars to tell you what the lines represented...No clue.

craptacular indeed!