New Sabres logo leaked?

mtdoak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, honestly, this was the easiest job in the entire world.  Go back to the original Sabres uniforms with some slight tweaks to update the look for the 21st century.  I don't know, maybe alter the font for the names and numbers.  Change the buffalo jumping through the swords a little bit.  The golf equivalent is having to make a putt from 3 inches away.

What the team may have done here is:

Take what we didn't like about the current logo and amplify it by a factor of 100. 

NOT add the swords back into the logo. 

Create a football logo for a hockey team. 

Give the buffalo this weird lone ranger mask thing.

Create a logo that looks less like a buffalo than any other logo in Buffalo sports history.

The golf equivalent would be to attempt a 3 inch putt and end up smashing the ball about 150 yards past the hole.

If the team is really so tone deaf that they thought this is what the fans were clamoring for, it really makes me skeptical about everything else they're going to do from here on out.

715362[/snapback]

If this really is the logo, I'm going to find a way to enshrine this post.

If this really is the logo, I'm going to find a way to enshrine this post.

715776[/snapback]

The best part about the logo is listening to people call WGR and get increasingly angry trying to describe it.

So far, today, I've heard that it is:

a toupee

a "friggin' squirrel"

a "flying squirrel"

a combover

a mustard stain

"half a logo"

the wave from the old Marine Midland Arena logo

Davey Crockett's hat

"gay"

lopsided

Barney Rubble's hair (maybe the best)

"barf"

...and the list goes on.

If this could be a bigger disaster, I have no idea how right now.

The best part about the logo is listening to people call WGR and get increasingly angry trying to describe it.

So far, today, I've heard that it is:

a toupee

a "friggin' squirrel"

a "flying squirrel"

a combover

a mustard stain

"half a logo"

the wave from the old Marine Midland Arena logo

Davey Crockett's hat

"gay"

lopsided

Barney Rubble's hair (maybe the best)

"barf"

...and the list goes on.

If this could be a bigger disaster, I have no idea how right now.

715787[/snapback]

Barney Rubble's Hair

I have to admit I am not crazy about the new uniforms...however, with all of the discussion here on the valadity of these uniforms. Two points:

-These ARE the new uniforms

-The Sabres 3rd jersey WILL be the "Old School" jersey (used in 10 games this year)

This was relayed to me by someone in the organization who actually was used to try on the prototypes.

The Buffalo News is now showing these logos as the new logos that will be used by the SAbres.

I am DEVASTATED! :P

I held off buying a new Jersey until this year because I thought the Blue and Gold would be back.

This new logo is a monstrosity.

I COULD NOT be more disappointed.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060630/1025590.asp :lol:

The Buffalo News is now showing these logos as the new logos that will be used by the SAbres.

I am DEVASTATED! :P

I held off buying a new Jersey until this year because I thought the Blue and Gold would be back.

This new logo is a monstrosity.

I COULD NOT be more disappointed.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060630/1025590.asp  :lol:

716649[/snapback]

I sent this, doubt it will work....

I grew up in Buffalo and have brainwashed my children that all things Buffalo are supreme. For the very first time my 11 year old daughter has demanded a jersey. I happily bought her a mini goalie mask during this season and she would put it on her stuffed animals during the games. Please tell me the logo that appeared in the Buffalo news is NOT the one you plan on using for the next season. I agree and embrace the move back to the traditional blue and gold, but the logo for the chest is horrendous! I understand marketing and the need to keep a current look, but the original Sabres logo was a classic, similar to the Yankees or LA/St.Louis Rams.

Please tell me this "leak" was just an attempt to get a reaction from those who would be buying jerseys, If that logo is the final version, Michaela will not be getting a Sabres jersey, I will probably let her follow her freinds and get an Islanders jersey, a team who went with an alternate jersey and then returned to their original logo recently.

I was planning on getting a new one.

Not now.

WTF is it with teams that have to have some new design created by a namby-pamby who doesn't even know what things like tradition are? Their minds are so focused on accruing another logo to add to their portfolio that they disregard making simple changes that will work for what the team's fans want.

A nice backhand to that was the Bills' throwbacks this past season. Maybe all the accolades those received are not anything like what the Sabres want. 'They need to be different, by gum! People want different!' Marketing knows absolutely nothing about the people of Buffalo in this regard. Yet another step fans have to endure until management realizes that older is better.

I was planning on getting a new one.

Not now.

WTF is it with teams that have to have some new design created by a namby-pamby who doesn't even know what things like tradition are? Their minds are so focused on accruing another logo to add to their portfolio that they disregard making simple changes that will work for what the team's fans want.

A nice backhand to that was the Bills' throwbacks this past season. Maybe all the accolades those received are not anything like what the Sabres want. 'They need to be different, by gum! People want different!' Marketing knows absolutely nothing about the people of Buffalo in this regard. Yet another step fans have to endure until management realizes that older is better.

716673[/snapback]

I hate this new logo too, but some possible good news is that I have heard that the classic old school uniform will be our 3rd jersey this year. If true, it would seem possible that if there is enough of a backlash against this new design that it would be relatively easy to switch the new design to be our third jersey for the 07-08 season.

I'm obviously in the minority, but I dont have a problem with the new logo at all..honestly if they bring him the Cup this year, they can be wearing tutus and beanies for all I care.

Maybe its because I'm younger than a lot of the posters here (although getting older by the minute) and I really didnt become a Sabres fan until the early 90s, but I wasn't a big fan of the blue and yellow Cub Scout uniforms we used to have.

I've got a wait and see approach...until the UNIFORMS debut (not just the logo), I'll see how I feel...but the logo isnt going to send me crying any time soon.

When there was such a perfect design just ready to be picked up and adored by fans, why the !@#$ would you go with this sh--?

Well, let's start getting used to it. Only 10 more years until we can hope they go back to the real "Blue and Gold" again.