Bar Flys- better bars that you have partied at

Pete

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at some biker bar in south fl. on vaction, called bobby mcgees.

Hundreds of bikes in the lot some in the bar, a thousand people, pigs roasting in the pits outside, multible rock bands, a pool full of mud with nekid scooter bimbs doing all kinds of slug rubbing, I slept on the pool table, it was a weekend party, they locked the doors with people inside partying after hours. My god do those crazy f'ers party. Booze beers, and missisipi moonshine and cherry bombs, and believe it or not it snows in so fla, big snow banks( honestly I did'nt ski :w00t:

Off the top of my head....

NYC

Sutton Place - Fine after work hotties getting loaded

Down the Hatch - See Above

Turtle Bay - See Above

McSorley's - The best.

McFadden's - My home away from home in NYC.

Chumley's - Former Village Speakeasy is still really cool for a nitecap.

In summer for NYC - The West 79th St Boat Basin Cafe and Bryant Park - both spots great for picking up easy after work hotties in the summer.

Buffalo

67 West - My home away from home in Law School.

Cole's - A classic, and still awesome.

Boston Hotel - I remember $1.99 all you can eat shrimp/clams/crab legs on Monday nites, as well as $5.00 pitchers.

Colter Bay - Nice for a late nite drink with a honey.

In summer - The Pier was great, so was Crawdaddy's. Both are gone now.

Albany

Ye Old Lamp Post - My employer during college (yes, I bartended there).

Washington Tavern - Awesome Fri happy hour with drunk SUNY girls.

Elsewhere

Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans - Spent most of Mardi Gras 2000 here. Awesome.

The Daiquiri Deck - Siesta Key Florida - Great daily happy hour.

Senor Frog's in Cancun - Had much fun there senior year in college.

The Clevelander in South Beach - Pool Parties with chicks and Wet T-Shirts!!

The Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville (Chicago) - Go party with the honeys you just hung out with in the bleachers after a day game!!

Good Tymes- Depew, N.Y.

711605[/snapback]

:w00t:

Nap finally sold it, didn't he?

I'll take Brick Bar - early-mid 80's

I bartended there in the late 70s. Great college bar.

711827[/snapback]

Nice. I was a DJ there for awhile. That place needed a steady diet of Stooges, Replacements, garage curiosities, and college faves. The music's really hurt me the past few times I've stepped in there. Good memories, though. That's sort of the thing about college bars. They're best for when you're in college and maybe a little bit after -- before those who should move away do. B-)

I used to joke at closing time and announce $1 shots of well gin, and to hurry up and take the party over to Liberty Cafe' or the Getaway where the 3rd shifters and 'Nam vets hang out.

Ah, Freedom State! What about Suny's? ;)

711806[/snapback]

Y'mean "Scummy's"? :P When I was around it was notorious for being the "it's OK that you're underage bar." I went in there once or twice looking for some pals of mine but otherwise steered clear. :w00t:

Fredonia has a ton of bars. Most per capita at one time.

Albany

Ye Old Lamp Post - My employer during college (yes, I bartended there).

Washington Tavern - Awesome Fri happy hour with drunk SUNY girls.

711819[/snapback]

No doubt! My bro went to SUNY Albany, I got wrecked at both of those bars many times. Lamppost had the Oasis downstairs, correct? I remember Paesan's Pizza and Sadie's for wings also.

Downtown Albany has actually gotten fairly sweet over the past few years. Many new bars have opened up down there and it's not a bad time. I never went down there much when my bro was in school, we mostly hung around the college bars.

Y'mean "Scummy's"?   ;)  When I was around it was notorious for being the "it's OK that you're underage bar."  I went in there once or twice looking for some pals of mine but otherwise steered clear.  B-)

Fredonia has a ton of bars.  Most per capita at one time.

711840[/snapback]

I was going in there, three years before you were born. 79? :lol::P

It was cleaner then. :w00t:

I've been to too many dive bars to count, but only one had Pole Position next to Ms. PacMan and restrooms so nasty you were surprised to find yourself groping some drunk chick in them because the place was too packed to go anywhere else.

But you went there all time.

Thirsty's in Pittsford. Good times.

I have been to and can vouch for the following referenced bars:

Drais

Woodys

Elbow Room

Mcsorleys(I am going to a wedding this Saturday across the street from there!)

Wet Willies

Red Headed Piano Bar

I endorse all of them! Cheers!

Y'mean "Scummy's"?  :lol:  When I was around it was notorious for being the "it's OK that you're underage bar."  I went in there once or twice looking for some pals of mine but otherwise steered clear.  :P

Fredonia has a ton of bars.  Most per capita at one time.

711840[/snapback]

I unfortunately visited Scummy's on more than a few occasions while attending FSU. Quarter draft night was ridiculous. You could get hammered with 5 bucks. :)

Elbow Room

I endorse all of them!  Cheers!

712038[/snapback]

Gone! Closed. Place was a real dump though and if you're hungry Carol Misnik is now cooking at a Mooselodge or something.

Gone! Closed. Place was a real dump though and if you're hungry Carol Misnik is now cooking at a Mooselodge or something.

712182[/snapback]

The Elbo Room is still there. The lease expires next year and the wrecking ball will probably soon follow, but there' still some life left in that joint.

712182[/snapback]

Ahh, the elbo room circa spring 83,84,85. Always a good place to sart your day with .25 cent drafts from 6-10 am. Lordy, i'd spend five bucks in there before ten and then just "maintain" rest of the day.

Brick bar in the early mid eighties as mentioned, just a whale of a good time.

Stone Tavern in Youngstown, Guarded at Fort Niagara, spent many a summer night in there.

Beach House Grand Island.. again spent 3 summers guarding at Beaver Island, it was right around the corner.

The Library Niagara Falls. Man tuesday night early eighties. 50 cents drafts and $1.00 iced teas all night, stay to 1.30 or so.....then off to the lockerroom, where if i remember corectly was $3.00 for two blues.

The Shed.. Slippery Rock PA. My college hangout.

More of an area, but the bars in Oakland setion of pittsburh, near Pitt.

Now, as i get older here are some of my favorites.

The Grill from Ipanama

Perrys

Chief Ikes Mamba Room

Madams Organ

All in Adams Morgan DC..lived walking distance to these places for close to ten years.

Capital Ale House here in Richmond

712182[/snapback]

Think people are talking about a place in Ft. Lauderdale w/ the same name - not the old Elbow Room in Lancaster.

BTW - I happened to be in town the last night the Lancaster Elbow Room was open and went there to say farewell. Got an Elbow Room poster that was hanging on the wall as a souvenir - now hanging in my bonus room...