Bar Flys- better bars that you have partied at

Pete

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt! My bro went to SUNY Albany, I got wrecked at both of those bars many times. Lamppost had the Oasis downstairs, correct? I remember Paesan's Pizza and Sadie's for wings also.

Yes, we had the Oasis downstairs. Good place that was. I remember when the Princeton review folks were in rating the best party schools, we just kept giving them more and more free drinks, a few sorority girls were all over them and I think they got free drugs in the bathroom. No wonder we were rated highly.

Been there too. A little too mellow for my tastes.

Hence, the only time to go is for a nitecap.

I am going to a wedding tomorrow right across the street from Mcsorleys. You know I am gonna pregame there. After the reception I plan on hitting up NYC. I wont arrive at the bar until 1 or 2 am- which of these bars would you suggest(or any other suggestions? Thanks!

Blondies

Plug Uglies

Rosie OGradys

Dleancy Lounge

Sutton Place

Down the Hatch

Turtle Bay

McSorley's

McFadden's

Chumley's

The West 79th St Boat Basin Cafe and Bryant Park

BTW I am looking for hotties that like to party

How about the one that burned down about 30 years ago, "The Belle Star Lodge" near KB.

Twas, a sad day.......... :(

I did a Pub crawl in Ireland for two weeks, to many to remember. 0:)  :lol:

711802[/snapback]

The Belle Star Lounge? "This Place Cooks!" KB is Kissing Bridge, for those who did not know.

DAMN you are old. :lol:

We used to leave Perry at midnight. Catch the second band starting at the Belle Star and stay until 4am , then catch some breakfast in Arcade on the way home as the sun was rising.

Saw the David Bromberg Band there once.

In Rochester, Marge's Lakeside Inn is one of those old fashioned beer bars. Kinda sleazy - the way I like a good bar to be! Peanut shells on the floor, Captain Morgan at the door. :P

Oh yeah! And so true. Spent a lot of time there myself. A great bar if you ever get to the Dallas area is Dukes in Addison.

I've been to too many dive bars to count, but only one had Pole Position next to Ms. PacMan and restrooms so nasty you were surprised to find yourself groping some drunk chick in them because the place was too packed to go anywhere else.

But you went there all time.

Thirsty's in Pittsford. Good times.

711988[/snapback]

Oh yeah!  And so true.  Spent a lot of time there myself.  A great bar if you ever get to the Dallas area is Dukes in Addison.

714244[/snapback]

Hey, I'll assume your username refers to St. John Fisher, in which case I want to take a moment and thank you !@#$ers for that great panty raid in 1980 when a bunch of you dudes went to the men's dorm by mistake.:blush:

Oh no. That's too funny. I never heard about that. What school? That's the year I graduated.

Hey, I'll assume your username refers to St. John Fisher, in which case I want to take a moment and thank you !@#$ers for that great panty raid in 1980 when a bunch of you dudes went to the men's dorm by mistake.:blush:

714261[/snapback]

Oh no.  That's too funny.  I never heard about that.  What school? That's the year I graduated.

714272[/snapback]

Nazareth. It was my freshman year. It was kind of messed up because we ended up chasing a bunch of Fisher dudes back up East Avenue in the direction of your college, and some drunk chick from your college came driving up and hit one of the Naz students. Clipped her at the knees. She survived, but spent what seemed like an eternity in a wheelchair.

Nazareth. It was my freshman year. It was kind of messed up because we ended up chasing a bunch of Fisher dudes back up East Avenue in the direction of your college, and some drunk chick from your college came driving up and hit one of the Naz students. Clipped her at the knees. She survived, but spent what seemed like an eternity in a wheelchair.

714287[/snapback]

Good times. :blush:

• 1 year later...

Found this thread while looking for something else, its a couple years old but I feel like resurrecting it from the grave by adding a couple Buffalo staples I was suprised to not see mentioned yet,

Pearl St. Grill and Brewery- went to a ton of Sabres playoff games there during the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons and that place was insane, they sell those gigantic beer towers there and it would just be packed 4 stories deep with sabres fanatics. I think that bar offers the closet to an actual game experience you will find anywhere.

Cozumel- only go there for their Cinco De Mayo patio party every summer, but it is always a great time

I know it was mentioned earlier but Mickey Rats is another one of my favorite spots

Coles, Elmwood Buffalo

Sierra Canyon, Denver

Snake River Brewery, Jackson Hole

Bar Bill, East Aurora

Seacrets, Ocean City MD

Siesta Key Oyster Bar, FL

Grenada, Amsterdam

King's Head Tavern, NYC

And every dive bar I've ever been to. How I've loved them all.....