Bar Flys- better bars that you have partied at

Pete

I'll start-heres a few of my faves-

Hard Rock Cafe Vegas Pool Bar-leggy supermodel types get crazy :w00t:

Nikki Beach-Miami-dance floors on the beach and teepees to shack up with a hottie-then cross the street over to Opium

Cafe Zapatas-Berlin-old bombed out building rebuilt by artistic squatters, mexican ska band, gorgeous German women and a fire breathing dragon that shoots fire over your head

The Phil- Liverpool- designed by fishermen- the most ornate bar I have ever been. John Lennon said the thing he hated most about being famous was not being able to grab a pint at the Phil

Hofbrauhaus-Munich- yeah its touristy but fun as hell! Litres of Maximator

The underground bar next to the Golden Sickle Hostel in Prague-perhaps the coolest bar I have ever been-

Blue Whales-Nice-amazing time there. After 3 nights the staff new me as Mr Heineken

Kingston Mines-Chicago- I love to hear the Blues there

Mews Tavern-Wakefield RI- great local New England bar with hundreds of tequillas, 69 beers on tap hundreds of bottles of Scotch-and great food

Pot Still- Glasgow-over 500 singlemalts

Auntie Annies-Belfast-good times!

Those are a few off the top of my head- what are some of y'alls favorite saloons?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikki Beach-Miami-dance floors on the beach and teepees to shack up with a hottie-then cross the street over to Opium

Cafe Zapatas-Berlin-old bombed out building rebuilt by artistic squatters, mexican ska band, gorgeous German women and a fire breathing dragon that shoots fire over your head

The Phil- Liverpool- designed by fishermen- the most ornate bar I have ever been.  John Lennon said the thing he hated most about being famous was not being able to grab a pint at the Phil

Hofbrauhaus-Munich- yeah its touristy but fun as hell!  Litres of Maximator

The underground bar next to the Golden Sickle Hostel in Prague-perhaps the coolest bar I have ever been-

Blue Whales-Nice-amazing time there.  After 3 nights the staff new me as Mr Heineken

Mews Tavern-Wakefield RI- great local New England bar with hundreds of tequillas, 69 beers on tap hundreds of bottles of Scotch-and great food

Those are a few off the top of my head- what are some of y'alls favorite saloons?

711489[/snapback]

McSorley's, NYC.

Wet Willie's, Savannah, GA

Zoo Bar, Buffalo, NY

I'll 2nd your Hard Rock Vegas and Nikki Beach. Those are great if you're into clubs. I'm more of a "bar" guy:

The Best

Elbo Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Dirty Frank's - Philadelphia, PA

Don's Friendly Tavern - Olean, NY

The Best of the Rest

Coleman's - Syracuse, NY

Blondie's - NYC

Buffalo Blues - Pittsburgh, PA

Kevin Barry's - Savannah, GA

The Blue Anchor - Delray Beach, FL

Woody's - Islamorada, FL

The Drais - Barbary Coast, Las Vegas, NV

Jimmy White's - New Orleans, LA

Hi-Top's - Chicago, IL

Gone but not forgotten

The Complete Angler - Bimini, Bahamas

Of course, there are many others.

Slombas -- Bufffalo NY

Fountain Grill -- Fredonia NY

Tip a Few Tavern -- Eastwood NY

Euclid Hotel -- Clay NY

The Phil- Liverpool- designed by fishermen- the most ornate bar I have ever been.  John Lennon said the thing he hated most about being famous was not being able to grab a pint at the Phil

Blue Whales-Nice-amazing time there.  After 3 nights the staff new me as Mr Heineken

711489[/snapback]

Faherty's- Buffalo, NY Typically my Elmwood hangout, either to get things started or to finish a night off. Stiff drinks and a pool table is cool with me.

Maly Koza- Prague, CZ Very chill bar with an amazing setup. Off the beaten path. Also, the underground bar in Prague that Pete referenced is incredible.

Negro- Budapest, Hungary Seems rather 'commercial' and expensive compared to most of the bars we went to, but the women there were absolutely impressive. The fact that my friend and I were able to coax two of them back to our hotel may have bolstered my high opinion of this place. :w00t:

La Boom- Mexico City One of the best club-type places I have ever been to, and that includes the NYC scene. Very cool, relaxed lounge upstairs with balcony over looking the main bar and dancefloor. Again, many fine women.

Plug Uglies- 21st & 3rd, NYC This place is an absolute dive, but I probably hung out there more than any other bar when I lived in the city. Bar shuffleboard, that's all I have to say.

Cafe 216- State College, PA I spent one incredible St. Pattys Day there. Very impressed

Ake's Place- Burlington VT Sports, rock'n'roll, food, drinks, and all very casual

I spent five years of college in Southern California, and it didn't take long to figure out that the best bars are in the beach towns. A few fav's:

OB's and Ercole's in Manhattan Beach, Cafe Bugaloo and Lighthouse (both have great live music) in Hermosa, and Naja's (on a Sunday afternoon) in Redondo.

There are many, many more that I feel bad leaving out, or just can't think of right now. Anyways, I suppose I have to include the Big Tree Inn after a Bills victory and the Cobblestone after a Sabres victory! And how could I leave out Sunset Bay Beach Club and Mickey Rats? Too many good times to count at those places during the sweltering Buffalo summers.

Buffalo?

Laughlin's

Mulligan's on Elmwood

Mr. Goodbar

Dante's Inferno

Southside Bar on Seneca (circa 1966...can't vouch for any of them these days.)

Other places?

Kevin Barry's Savannah

Red Headed Piano Bar, Chicago

Walter Payton's America Bar, Chicago

Rosie O'Grady's New York

Kim Kelly's (Tu Do Street, Saigon)

O'Brians Pub, Kiev, Ukraine

The Duke Pub, Dublin, Ireland.

The most interesting one's were in Nakom Phanom Thailand, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, and other places where the times were so good I've blocked out the name of the joints.

Buffalo?

Laughlin's

Mulligan's on Elmwood

Mr. Goodbar

Dante's Inferno

Southside Bar on Seneca (circa 1966...can't vouch for any of them these days.)

Other places?

Kevin Barry's Savannah

Red Headed Piano Bar, Chicago

Walter Payton's America Bar, Chicago

Rosie O'Grady's New York

Kim Kelly's (Tu Do Street, Saigon)

O'Brians Pub, Kiev, Ukraine

The Duke Pub, Dublin, Ireland.

The most interesting one's were in Nakom Phanom Thailand, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, and other places where the times were so good I've blocked out the name of the joints.

711622[/snapback]

Kevin Barry's?

How long's that been there....

Another to add to my list: Lemon's, Bloomsburg, PA

711489[/snapback]

The picture in my avatar is me at the Hofbrauhaus reluctantly sipping my beer on a Sunday morning after an all night train ride from Rome. The Hofbrauhaus and McDonald's were the only places open at 10:30 AM on Sunday in Munich.

[/u]NYC

The Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria, Queens--place is authentic. Went there the other night for World Cup and the place was a complete madhouse.

Rudy's--7$ pitchers and FREE hot dogs. Gotta love a place that gives out complimentary hot dogs like pop corn.

McSorley's--You have two options: Light or Dark. Women weren't allowed in that joint for years and the most ironic thing about that was that it was owned by a woman.

McFadden's on Sunday's during Bills games--The place is a zoo--20$ all you can eat wings (pretty good wings I might add) and all you can drink domestic beer for 5 hours. Best deal in NYC.

The Delancey Lounge--rooftop bar by the Williamsburg bridge in the Lower East Side. They have frequent open bars with live live music and on the roof, there is a giant pond with fish. Plus, there is a cool fireplace.

This list can go on forever.

Ake's Place- Burlington VT  Sports, rock'n'roll, food, drinks, and all very casual

711616[/snapback]

Hey! I've been there. Watched the Yanks win the world series there. Good times.

I'll second Puhonix on Poor Pauls, Tallahassee FL - total dive bar, with the exact amosphere you are looking for when going out for a night of beer drinking. plus, every beer/pitcher you buy, call your color and spin the wheel. if you call it right (1 in 5 chance) you get your next beer/pitcher free.

(i hit that 3 times one night when buying pitchers...we were in rough shape after that one)

Eben's Hearth, Potsdam, NY - bar/restaurant type deal, but oh the memories there from my Clarkson days. Fridays a bunch of us would sit at ebens for hours, downing $3.50 40oz Molsons or Killians