Theismann rips Argos for Williams move

Argos home schedule, plus games at Hamilton:

Saturday, June 17 Hamilton 3:00 pm - Super “Hero” Day

Saturday, July 8 Winnipeg 4:00 pm - Guys Night Out

Saturday, July 29 B.C. 7:00 pm - Turn Back Time Night

Saturday, August 12 at Hamilton 7:00 pm

Saturday, August 19 Montreal 7:00 pm - Around The World Night (hmmmm!)

Monday, September 4 at Hamilton 6:00 pm

Saturday, September 9 Hamilton 3:00 pm - Greatest Rivalry Night

Saturday, September 30 Calgary 7:00 pm - Ladies Night

Monday, October 9 Edmonton 4:00 pm - Kids Day

Friday, October 20 Sask. 7:30 pm - World Record Night

Saturday, October 28 Montreal 3:00 pm - Fan Appreciation Day

What? No Spleeff Night??? :lol:

PTR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theismann is still (and always will be) a dweeb....however, I agree with him to an extent. I don't see how anyone should be given more than a couple of chances, especially Ricky. He made his own bed by dumping his teammates for his love of pot, then getting himself into serious debt. If he doesn't want to play football, then fine - figure out a way to pay back the debts. He shouldn't come back and give a half-assed effort at the expense of the league and its fans...no matter what team he plays for.

Theismann didn't have to go all out and claim Ricky was a disgrace to the game, but his point that he doesn't need another chance is probably right on.

Here's the bottom line. JT is, and always will be, a blowhard. Some will be in his self-righteous corner, others will not. He wanted to be the "first" to speak out on it. It may come back to bite him.

700696[/snapback]

Whether he is a blowhard or not is not the point, is it ? Though that seems to be the way this thread is progressing. Which part of the article, quoted in the original post, do you disagree with ?

Ricky will not spend more then a year in Toronto cause he is still under contract to the dolphins and they would only let the Argos sign a deal for the one year. He owes the Dolphins still for skipping out on them that one year, and his paycheck with the Argos (only around $250,000) is not going to help pay that debt off.

Whether he is a blowhard or not is not the point, is it ? Though that seems to be the way this thread is progressing. Which part of the article, quoted in the original post, do you disagree with ?

700720[/snapback]

Well, I guess its not really any of his business. But mostly, for me, its that he goes way waaaay over the top.

Rules say you can't smoke pot and play in the NFL. What is so hard about that to understand? He failed the drug test 4 friggen times...........he's done!

700263[/snapback]

like u said ive got no problem with people smoking pot but u'rent supposed to in the nfl and he repeatly fails drug tests.....maybe if the nfl took a harder line when people failed drug test and yes when the players beat on their wives and so forth this wouldnt even be a issue....i feel riki should have been banned from football on his 2nd time he got busted without any chance of coming back...1st bust should be a 1 year ban...2nd bust should be out of football permamentally..........i bet if football followed that you would see alot less

"punks and thugs" entering into football from college..the harder rules would trickle right down to the college atheletes that the pros dont put up with that bull sh--...

theismann is a tool, enough said..i'm not defending ricky by any means but smoking weed is far from a terrible crime against humanity..if anything its a terrible crime against ramen noodles :lol: ..but not humanity, joe should just shut up (as usual)

This doesn't make Theismann any less an idiot. I never liked this JT. Runs his friggin mouth too much. This is just another example. What do you say we get LT all amped up on some coke and have him reenact that lovely scene from years past. Think he'd tell LT what a disgrace HE is?

700512[/snapback]

Would you tell LT that? :lol:

Well, I guess its not really any of his business.  But mostly, for me,  its that he goes way waaaay over the top.

700733[/snapback]

Not his business ? If it is related to NFL and players, it IS his business. Even if technically Ricky is not an NFL player now. Again, in what way is he way over the top ? We all want the 'don't hurt his sentiments' kind of reporting don't we ? Enough being pu$$ies - call a spade a spade and as long as he doesn't cross the line of decency in his reports, any strong language is fine. After all it is his opinion.

Not his business ? If it is related to NFL and players, it IS his business. Even if technically Ricky is not an NFL player now. Again, in what way is he way over the top ? We all want the 'don't hurt his sentiments' kind of reporting don't we ? Enough being pu$$ies - call a spade a spade and as long as he doesn't cross the line of decency in his reports, any strong language is fine. After all it is his opinion.

700847[/snapback]

I would also call this post a bit over the top. Theisman should be a bigger man and not get himself in a hissy fit over something that does not effect him in any way.

700847[/snapback]

I could care less if he hurts someone's feelings, but I do agree that he goes way over the top. RW is an ass for the way he left his team hanging a few years ago. He's an idiot (IMO) for choosing pot over football/millions of dollars/fame/glory etc...

He deserves to be kicked out of the NFL for not following the rules. He deserves to be called a jerk for bailing on his team a couple years ago. But JT just seems to be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Weed is cool in Canada and so are full-contact lap dances. Its illegal for the police to search you and ya know what they put on french fries?

"What?"

Mayonaise.

"Get the fu** outta here!"

Its true. And ya know what they call the quarter pounder?

"What?"

The Royale. Brad, ya know why they call the quarter pounder a Royale in Canada?

"Uhhh...the Metric System?"

Check out the brain on Brad!

(ok, maybe I got Canada mixed up with Amsterdam but its only because Canadian chics are hotter. Now I'm gonna go walk the Earth like Cain. Its a Fu**ing Miracle!)

lest theismann forget, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. he went through an epic divorce in the 1980s that revealed him to be an loathesome cad (as some may recall, he had cathy lee crosby waiting in the wings). of course, that isn't against nfl rules, but for him to condemn anyone for what is basically a minor transgression in the grand scheme of things just shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

Saturday, June 17  Hamilton  3:00 pm - Super “Hero” Day

Saturday, July 8  Winnipeg  4:00 pm  - Guys Night Out

Saturday, July 29  B.C.  7:00 pm - Turn Back Time  Night

Saturday, August 12    at  Hamilton 7:00 pm  

Saturday, August 19  Montreal  7:00 pm - Around The World Night (hmmmm!)

Monday, September 4    at  Hamilton 6:00 pm  

Saturday, September 9  Hamilton  3:00 pm - Greatest Rivalry Night

Saturday, September 30  Calgary  7:00 pm  - Ladies Night 

Monday, October 9  Edmonton  4:00 pm  - Kids Day 

Friday, October 20  Sask.  7:30 pm - World Record Night 

Saturday, October 28  Montreal  3:00 pm - Fan Appreciation Day

What?  No Spleeff Night???  :D

PTR

700655[/snapback]

Hmmmm... a Guys Night Out and a Ladies Night. Do they give details on either event?

You forgot August 26th. They added it now as "Roll a doobie with Ricky night"; first 1000 fans get a free pack of EZ Widers. :D

Saturday, June 17  Hamilton  3:00 pm - Super “Hero” Day

Saturday, July 8  Winnipeg  4:00 pm  - Guys Night Out

Saturday, July 29  B.C.  7:00 pm - Turn Back Time  Night

Saturday, August 12    at  Hamilton 7:00 pm  

Saturday, August 19  Montreal  7:00 pm - Around The World Night (hmmmm!)

Monday, September 4    at  Hamilton 6:00 pm  

Saturday, September 9  Hamilton  3:00 pm - Greatest Rivalry Night

Saturday, September 30  Calgary  7:00 pm  - Ladies Night 

Monday, October 9  Edmonton  4:00 pm  - Kids Day 

Friday, October 20  Sask.  7:30 pm - World Record Night 

Saturday, October 28  Montreal  3:00 pm - Fan Appreciation Day

What?  No Spleeff Night???  :P

PTR

700655[/snapback]

Everyone who is saying that there are worse in the game are not realizing one point. Joe played for Toronto as well and thats why he is commenting on Ricky, he doesnt like that people are talking about Ricky and Joe side by side since they both played there, thats where the comments come from. With that being said, he is absolutely right, sure there are worse players, but they are not being compared to Joe, if they were he would comment on them as well.

Everyone who is saying that there are worse in the game are not realizing one point. Joe played for Toronto as well and thats why he is commenting on Ricky, he doesnt like that people are talking about Ricky and Joe side by side since they both played there, thats where the comments come from. With that being said, he is absolutely right, sure there are worse players, but they are not being compared to Joe, if they were he would comment on them as well.

701126[/snapback]

my point is that perhaps he should compare himself to williams. theismann is not without his personal blemishes, and i'm not even including his post-football career as the worst color commentator in the history of televised sports.