Awesome Andre Reed hilight video

Andre was awesome, one of the best if not the best RAC receiver to ever play the game

That TD against the Dolphins to start the '91 season turned that game around and it was all him

man I miss watching that offense play

Andre was awesome, one of the best if not the best RAC receiver to ever play the game

That TD against the Dolphins to start the '91 season turned that game around and it was all him

692005[/snapback]

Yeah I remember that game well. Also cool to see Rod Woodson lose his jock. Didn't know he wore #46.

One thing I noticed is that with every catch you had another receiver throwing blocks or interference down field. You see Bebe, Loftin, Edwards, etc. putting in the extra E to make plays happen. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing Moulds throwing a lot of blocks for other receivers on the field. I may be a bit biased after his "pack it in" season of 05.

RTB

Reed just had an amazing ability to just know who was around him when he caught the ball...and what to do to make them grasp at air.

That opening with him wearing #46 was AWESOME.

#83=Greatness.

We just need the high character guys making blocks down the field like you see in so many of those highlights. Andre was just awesome. When you see him on Cold Pizza he still looks like he could play.

Maybe with Marv coming back and the Bills looking at high character players we might be fortunate enough to see some of that this season.

It's a telling fact to think it'll be at least 10 more years before we get to see another Bills highlight clip that even approaches that.

With apologies and a hat-tip to the 64-65 Champion Bills, Kelly/Thurman/Reed/Smith's WERE the Glory Years.

Reed was 10x the player Eric Moulds was, and its amazing anyone compares Moulds to Reed.  Moulds had that one year where it looked like he could do the things Reed did, but then he just stopped making those great plays after 1998.

692138[/snapback]

Stop that....Moulds was a pretty good player.....Unfortunatley he had some lousy QBs throwing to him over his career....

Advantages that Reed had in his career:

1) One single QB most of his career and a HoF at that.

2) Had blazing and/or good WRs complementing on the other side in Beebe,

Lofton etc....

3) Had a HoF caliber RB who also could catch the ball off the backfield.

4) Was part of a SB bound team.

5) Played majority of snaps in a single offense

Disadvantages that Moulds has through his career

1) Every year or so there was a change in Offensive philosophy

2) Not a consistent WR to complement the other side...For a year he had

Peerless Price and another year he had Lee Evans...the rest ?

3) Average QBs....The only good years where when he had Flutie threw to him

and the year Drew had a career year.

4) RBs also have been average here for most of his career...

Again, I was mad at Moulds last year for looking out for himself rather than the team and help/support the inexperience QB like how Hines Ward/Bettis did for Big Ben 2 years ago....And he was rightly shipped off, as his mind was not in to playing for the Bills again.....But he was a pretty good player.....

Stop that....Moulds was a pretty good player.....Unfortunatley he had some lousy QBs throwing to him over his career....

1)  One single QB most of his career and a HoF at that.

2)  Had blazing and/or good WRs complementing on the other side in Beebe,

Lofton etc....

3)  Had a HoF caliber RB who  also could catch the ball off the backfield.

4)  Was part of a SB bound team.

5)  Played majority of snaps in a single offense

1)  Every year or so there was a change in Offensive philosophy

2)  Not a consistent WR to complement the other side...For a year he had

3)  Average QBs....The only good years where when he had Flutie threw to him

4)  RBs also have been average here for most of his career...

Again, I was mad at Moulds last year for looking out for himself rather than the team and help/support the inexperience QB like how Hines Ward/Bettis did for Big Ben 2 years ago....And he was rightly shipped off, as his mind was not in to playing for the Bills again.....But he was a pretty good player.....

692943[/snapback]

Agree completely. Although i hope that your not trying to say that Moulds was as good as Reed because he is a tier below.

1)  One single QB most of his career and a HoF at that.

2)  Had blazing and/or good WRs complementing on the other side in Beebe,

Lofton etc....

3)  Had a HoF caliber RB who  also could catch the ball off the backfield.

4)  Was part of a SB bound team.

5)  Played majority of snaps in a single offense

1)  Every year or so there was a change in Offensive philosophy

2)  Not a consistent WR to complement the other side...For a year he had

3)  Average QBs....The only good years where when he had Flutie threw to him

4)  RBs also have been average here for most of his career...

692943[/snapback]

You are correct about those advantages and disadvantages, but all you need to do is look at game footage to see that Reed was still a better WR. Not 10x the WR Moulds was, but better nonetheless. :blink: