Andre Reed on the Wall

Reed To Wall: The Bills announced that Andre Reed will be the 2006 inductee to the wall of fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He is the 23rd member of the wall and the sixth from the Super Bowl era. Reed calls it a great honor for him and his family and friends. The induction takes place during halftime of a designated home game. No word yet which game that will be.

Congrats Andre!

I hope he'll be taking the place of Fred "Benedict Arnold" Smerlas on the Wall of Fame.  I've got a crowbar if you need one.

PTR

691092[/snapback]

Have I mentioned recently how much i despise Smerlas? :ph34r:

I like your suggestion, Promo.

Have I mentioned recently how much i despise Smerlas?  :P

I like your suggestion, Promo.

691122[/snapback]

Was Smerlas even that good? I mean I was too young to understand football then. But Smerlas next to Andre on the wall just doesn't seem right.

Great, another opportunity to hear Ralphie ramble on at halftime...

:P

691116[/snapback]

hem ahem hem,

with the high price of gasoline today I want to tell you, fans, that, we're gonna give him car. A small red car. Andre there it is, a small red car!

Was Smerlas even that good?  I mean I was too young to understand football then.  But Smerlas next to Andre on the wall just doesn't seem right.

691145[/snapback]

Smerlas was, despite being an intolerable asswipe, actually very good. but, i don't think he was WOF material. I think he is to the Wall of Fame as Howie Long is to the Hall of Fame. Both great, but they lessen the inswtitution.

Reed To Wall: The Bills announced that Andre Reed will be the 2006 inductee to the wall of fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He is the 23rd member of the wall and the sixth from the Super Bowl era. Reed calls it a great honor for him and his family and friends. The induction takes place during halftime of a designated home game. No word yet which game that will be.

Congrats Andre!

691083[/snapback]

Is Bruce Smith on the Wall of Fame??!!

Was Smerlas even that good?  I mean I was too young to understand football then.  But Smerlas next to Andre on the wall just doesn't seem right.

691145[/snapback]

Smerlas was regularly double-teamed. He was our pass rush before Bruce came along.

I've always wondered what would be the statistical difference if Andre Reed played in SF and Jerry Rice came to Buffalo. Not that Rice wasn't the best, he absolutely was, but that offense, with that talent, and playing the majority of games in that weather would've shown how much closer they really were.

I've always wondered what would be the statistical difference if Andre Reed played in SF and Jerry Rice came to Buffalo.  Not that Rice wasn't the best, he absolutely was, but that offense, with that talent, and playing the majority of games in that weather would've shown how much closer they really were.

692095[/snapback]

Great point. I believe Rice even called Reed the best receiver in the league at one point. That's why stats are so misleading for wrs. In 10 years, Reed's numbers are going to pale in comparison to some of the wrs of today. But there is no doubt in my mind, the Bills won't have gotten to the Super Bowl without Andre. He was amazing after the catch. Plus, the Bills never had a second wr as good as John Taylor opposite Reed (Lofton was good but was winding down). I believe Reed is a HOFer and hopefully, one day he will be recognized.