Want improve this team big time?

This team would have a legit shot at the AFC East.

The Pats are worse after losing Vinatari, Givens and McGinest.

The Jets will flat our suck for obvious reasons.

and the Dolphins will be having major problems at QB until Culpepper can get healthy again.

Why stay in the East...heck, the Steelers lost Bettis and Randel El, ya think that will have a negative impact? Colts? No Edge will be a major problem.

If I were Marv I'd try for McNair sending Holcomb packing and Losman to the bench. This would instantly make the Bills a playoff contender. Here's hoping that Steve McNair is at least being discussed at One Bills Drive.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the Dolphins will be having major problems at QB until Culpepper can get healthy again.

Why stay in the East...heck, the Steelers lost Bettis and Randel El, ya think that will have a negative impact? Colts? No Edge will be a major problem.

If I were Marv I'd try for McNair sending Holcomb packing and Losman to the bench. This would instantly make the Bills a playoff contender. Here's hoping that Steve McNair is at least being discussed at One Bills Drive.

682601[/snapback]

Q: Why is a dollar bill worth more than Steve McNair?

A: You can get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: Why is a dollar bill worth more than Steve McNair?

A: You can get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

682602[/snapback]

I'd get him for a shot at winning those first two games at NE and at Miami. If he gets hurt after that then we still have JP on the bench.

682601[/snapback]

Jeff Fisher just sent out your check. Should arrive by Saturday latest. :P

Getting McNair would make for the one of the most exciting and successful episodes in Bills history... for about 15 minutes until he got hurt as he is well into the backside of his career.

682604[/snapback]

Very succinct. Really can't stay healthy anymore, he put his a$$ on the line for the Titans at his own expense.

682601[/snapback]

Son... *taking off my glasses* Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life...

:P

Very succinct.  Really can't stay healthy anymore, he put his a$$ on the line for the Titans at his own expense.

682614[/snapback]

And fans wonder why there are lots of players out there that are "selfish" and "lookout for number 1." Why should the players be loyal when the teams won't be?

Son... *taking off my glasses* Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life...

:P

682616[/snapback]

Did you know that Steve McNair had more passing yards than Donovan McNabb and Ben Roethlisberger last season? Did you know he started 14 games?

I don't know if you're fat or drunk but you're definitely stupid if you don't want Steve McNair over our current cast of clowns at QB.

Stop, this would never happen and shouldnt. If this guy wont take a pay cut in Tenn. what makes you think the boys will pay him what he wants. Secondly our O-line would have this guy on IR by halftime of the Pats game. He should hang it up. This guys has taking a pounding. Sorry Steve-O

682601[/snapback]

I like McNair and I think if TD was still the GM it might be possible - it seems like one of the ""brilliant" moves TD was famous for.

Marv seems to building a team rather than simply acquiring talent. McNair doesn't seem like a good fit for the new Bills.

I'll take 2 young QBs with lots of potential and a third string journeyman backup over McNair. He was good, key word was. He is on the downside of his career. Except he is farther down the backside then Bledsoe when he was here. The QB situation will get better with a better o-line then last year, which I am saying we already have now. (Not game breaking dominating o-line like we all dream of, but one that isn't going to endanger QB's lives and not cost us games)

I would have rather seen Favre come to Buffalo then McNair, Atleast Favre would have brought in more merchandising money

Marv seems to building a team rather than simply acquiring talent.  McNair doesn't seem like a good fit for the new Bills.

682668[/snapback]

Great statement. He's not just adding name players to make a splash in the headlines. Levy seems to have a consistant plan in mind with each of these additions. McNair was a very good player but adding him to our roster would be taking a step backwords. Just say no...

I think McNair wants a shot at another ring before he hangs them up...

plus as beat up as he is now, I can't see him looking at our OL and thinking this is a good place to be.

Did you know that Steve McNair had more passing yards than Donovan McNabb and Ben Roethlisberger last season? Did you know he started 14 games?

I don't know if you're fat or drunk but you're definitely stupid if you don't want Steve McNair over our current cast of clowns at QB.

682641[/snapback]

...and I am not sure how someone who doesn't recognize a line from Animal House can be a real American. :doh:

If you did not recognize it, I apologize for appearing to insult you. The insult was directed at the idea of signing Steve McNair.

Seriously, the idea of McNair, of the huge contract and the fragile body, being a real option for the Bills escapes me completely. The Bills, as is stated elsewhere in this thread, do not need to go looking for another Bledsoe-like veteran QB. They need to build a better team on both sides of the ball that will relieve some of the pressure on whichever young QB gets the job.