Ko Simpson

ajzepp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we might just concern ourselves with one side of the ball, but I didn't know it was all 2ndary. Vincents days are numbered.

also OL take time, where DB almost always play well early. I am now hoping for Guy Whimper in the 5th

Simpson and Whittner, welcome to our new starting safeties for the forseeable future (after vincent is gone)

677778[/snapback]

I think Vincent will be a great mentor to Simpson. The kid is a third-year sophmore, so he's still got a lot of growing up to do. Troy can show him the ropes for a year.

I thought we might just concern ourselves with one side of the ball, but I didn't know it was all 2ndary.  Vincents days are numbered.

also OL take time, where DB almost always play well early.  I am now hoping for Guy Whimper in the 5th

677782[/snapback]

To make it reasonable for us to cut Vincent this year we will need to see a lof of turnover production and potential from the DBs.

Like it or not he tied for the team lead in INTs with McGee and turnovers (a paltry two by several players). Turnovers win games and if you cut Vincent someone will need to demonstrate they can step up and noe of our other safeties have done that in pro ball and the rookies obviously have never played pro ball.

In addition, the switch to a cover 2 from a zone blitz puts a premium of play diagnosis for the safeties and TV having seen a lot of snaps will come in handy.

In general, it also should not be ignored of the youthfulness of this draft group and having a mentor in the form of TV may work well.

I see the Bills keeping t least 4 safeties and probably 5 given that we drafted a couple.

Right now it is Vincent and Bowen starting on the depth chart with Baker, Leonhard and Lee backing up at FS and Wire backing up at SS.

My guess is that Whitnerand Simpson are obvious keepers. Bowen has great ST chops and was signed by the current regime. I think TV stays and starts due to his production last year. My sense is that Baker is the lead candidate for the remaining job as a past starter and relatively cheap player.

Lee is camp fodder, Leonhard has some upside but has not shown enough in a crowded group to stick (his best shot is if we for some reason go 6 safeties but I doubt this. The odd man out in this equation it seems to me is Coy Wire.

TV stayed over Milloy because even though he has lost a step since his Pro Bowl days he was a quicker player with a step to lose to become normal speed, his experience compensates for this as he needs fewer steps to get to the right spot.

In addition, the cap savings from cutting TV are 200K and minimal compared to the multi-million cap savings when you cut a player like Milloy.

Four picks, four underclassmen?  Who said Marv couldn't adapt to the new NFL?

Now I guess the question is, do we cut Troy Vincent?

677763[/snapback]

why would they??

you dont cut a guy because you draft the same position in the 4th round

why would they??

you dont cut a guy because you draft the same position in the 4th round

677974[/snapback]

Possibly, because most seem to feel Vincent has not made the transition to FS very well...if the Bills want to jumpstart this rebuilding project, they are going to have to play these kids sooner rather than later. How many DB's can you carry on a roster? Personally, I like Vincent, but more as a corner.

Today's cover-2, you need two safeties who can RUN.  Very important.  Now we got 'em.

678175[/snapback]

Our secondary is gonna rock ass

Assuming they can hold coverage for the 10 seconds it takes the DL to get to the QB.

678274[/snapback]

lol....well I don't think a killer secondary can make up for D-line weaknesses as much as the reverse holds true, but I love the fact that we have some real playmakers in our secondary. These (hopefully) aren't the Pierson Prioleau, Travares Tillman, Kirby Jackson type of players.....these are (hopefully) game changers.