The Bears connection is in full swing

ganesh

why?

672100[/snapback]

I bet it's contingent on us trading down from #8 and aquiring extra picks.

I can't see us giving up a 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up for anyone late in Round 1, leaving us with only 1 more day 1 pick. We need too much.

This just sounds kinda funny.  I can hear the Bears brass now.  "Dropping to 41 would be fine, but 42, what are !@#$ing kidding me?  Who wants to pick that late?"

672147[/snapback]

:huh: No sh--...my thoughts exactly!

This smacks of Clayton just making something up. They say that this has been one of the hardest drafts in memory to predict. The 3 QBs are all wildcards, no one knows where DBrick is going and there was even doubt about the hottest prospect ever, Reggie Bush, going 1st.

Buuuuuuut...somehow the Bears know that they guy they want will last to #40 or 41, but not 42. B-)

Get a new job Johnny.

take lendale white late in the first round to motivate wm

672324[/snapback]

Who would motivate Lendale?

P.S. Did Lendale motivate Willis when he overcame what could have been a career ending injury?

P.P.S Did Lendale motivate Willis to be the fastest Bills RB to gain 2,000 yards (even though he was playing behind a piss poor line)?

Possible reasons

wr- Santonio Holmes

te- Leonard Pope or Marcedes Lewis

ot- Winston, McNeil

og- davin jospeh

c- nick mangold

lb- Bobby Carpenter

de- Kiwanuka, Hali

dt- Gabe Watson, John McCargo

cb- antonio cromartie (I wish but he'll probably be gone before 27) tye hill,

s- Jimmy williams(I know he was a corner he's a safety in the nfl though) Jason Allen, Donte Whitner, KO Simpson

some of these guys will probably be gone, but one of them could be the reason. My guess is either winston, mccargo or a safety.

Who would motivate Lendale?

P.S. Did Lendale motivate Willis when he overcame what could have been a career ending injury?

P.P.S Did Lendale motivate Willis to be the fastest Bills RB to gain 2,000 yards (even though he was playing behind a piss poor line)?

672381[/snapback]

You tell him!!!

PPPSSSS Did he motivate Willis to ALL 5 of his TD's last season?????

I would be on board with the move if Tamba Hali was still available at that point.  Something tells me that this guy will be a very productive pass rusher for many years.  It is surprising to me that his stock has fallen so far after once being considered a top 10-15 pick.

If we could start the draft with DaBrick and Hali, I would be very pleased.

672135[/snapback]

I think Hali's too much of a tweener, so I hope that's not where they're going.

KFFL is reporting:

Bills | Talking potential trade with Bears

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:05:05 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are attempting to acquire a second first round pick. The Chicago Bears, who own the No. 26 pick, may be interested in dealing.

KFFL NFL Hotwire Page

672098[/snapback]

I think the trade being discussed is actually the Bills moving up from their 2nd round pick rather then down from their first round pick

Chicago gave up a 3rd round pick to Carolina when they signed Ricky Manning Jr so the talk is they would like to pick up another pick(s) to make up for that pick...dont know if I like this trade idea for the Bills unless they are able to trade down and pick up another 2nd then I like it

IF this were to be true, could coupling the #8 and #26 picks be a more inexpensive way to move up to the #2 pick overall? Ooh, Saturday can't come soon enough!

672519[/snapback]

I dont think they would make the trade for 26 until the bears were on the clock....I also only think they make this trade if they end up trading down in the first round and getting additional pick(s)

you are correct sir

672256[/snapback]

It makes me wonder if they take Huff at 8 and then pull this. The defense would be pretty much fixed and it got a heck of a loy younger in one season. It does not address the o-line but with yesterdays signing and Fowler...... makes me wonder.

Huff is the last of the supposed elite 8.

Sorry. This was in response to picking the DT Josh McCargo

The name:  John McCargo

reason: The Bills won't be forced to take a Defensive Tackle with the 8th pick.

The Bills don't like Bunkley because of character issues and Ngata isn't the type of DT the Bills want in their new scheme.  John McCargo on the other hand would be a perfect, PERFECT fit in the Bills new scheme.

;)

672210[/snapback]

good call on the prediction

The name:  John McCargo

reason: The Bills won't be forced to take a Defensive Tackle with the 8th pick.

The Bills don't like Bunkley because of character issues and Ngata isn't the type of DT the Bills want in their new scheme.  John McCargo on the other hand would be a perfect, PERFECT fit in the Bills new scheme.

:)

672210[/snapback]

Great call.