The Bears connection is in full swing

ganesh

KFFL is reporting:

Bills | Talking potential trade with Bears

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:05:05 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are attempting to acquire a second first round pick. The Chicago Bears, who own the No. 26 pick, may be interested in dealing.

KFFL NFL Hotwire Page

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus McNeil.  That's why.

672106[/snapback]

not a chance

McNeil has too many injury issues.

Good spot to catch a falling star. Some player will slide that shouldn't.

Or maybe a fast riser like Mangold or McCargo or one of the LBs could be the target.

Just for reference, here is what KFFL is reporting from...

Movers and shakers: The Texans and Bills are two of the teams at the top of the second round looking to move up. The Texans have the first pick in the second round. The Bills have the 42nd pick. The Bears are ready to trade out of the first round now that they have cornerback Ricky Manning Jr., but moving back to No. 42 might be too far down. They don't want to drop lower than 40 or 41.

It was from Clayton's blog...not exactly detailed, makes me think we all jumped the gun on this baby. Still though, something more to talk about, whooo!

Gazoo's Quote:

Movers and shakers: The Texans and Bills are two of the teams at the top of the second round looking to move up. The Texans have the first pick in the second round. The Bills have the 42nd pick. The Bears are ready to trade out of the first round now that they have cornerback Ricky Manning Jr., but moving back to No. 42 might be too far down. They don't want to drop lower than 40 or 41.
This better not be for Eric Winston. B-)

I'd rather stay in the 2nd & go OG.

I would be on board with the move if Tamba Hali was still available at that point. Something tells me that this guy will be a very productive pass rusher for many years. It is surprising to me that his stock has fallen so far after once being considered a top 10-15 pick.

If we could start the draft with DaBrick and Hali, I would be very pleased.

why?

672100[/snapback]

OG Davin Joseph Okalhoma is supposed to go early in the 2nd......but not as high as #27

still, I hear he was able to singlehandedly take on Ngata this past year.

McNeil too, is a good supposition

Some of those early 2nd OL are moving up...

Several teams eying offensive linemen

Several teams eying offensive linemen

Don’t be surprised if more movement occurs late in the first round than early on. A number of teams with multiple third- and fourth-round picks have been making inquiries about moving into the back end of the first round, with offensive linemen said to be the primary target. Among those players who could spur trades and are believed to be late first-round targets are Miami (Fla.) OT Eric Winston, Ohio State C Nick Mangold and Oklahoma OG Davin Joseph. Teams that have multiple middle-round picks include Houston, Buffalo, Oakland, Minnesota, San Francisco and the New York Jets —although the latter two already have two first-round slots.

The Bears are ready to trade out of the first round now that they have cornerback Ricky Manning Jr., but moving back to No. 42 might be too far down. They don't want to drop lower than 40 or 41.

672129[/snapback]

LOL. The Bears' requirement is THAT specific? We JUST missed the cutoff?