The Bears connection is in full swing

ganesh

Just for reference, here is what KFFL is reporting from...

Movers and shakers: The Texans and Bills are two of the teams at the top of the second round looking to move up. The Texans have the first pick in the second round. The Bills have the 42nd pick. The Bears are ready to trade out of the first round now that they have cornerback Ricky Manning Jr., but moving back to No. 42 might be too far down. They don't want to drop lower than 40 or 41.

672129[/snapback]

This just sounds kinda funny. I can hear the Bears brass now. "Dropping to 41 would be fine, but 42, what are !@#$ing kidding me? Who wants to pick that late?"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OG Davin Joseph Okalhoma is supposed to go early in the 2nd......but not as high as #27

still, I hear he was able to singlehandedly take on Ngata this past year.

672137[/snapback]

That was actually Joseph's teammate Chris Chester. Joseph played LT this season.

If the rumor is true, I hope we're trying to target Davin Joseph, not Eric Winston

Gazoo's Quote:

This better not be for Eric Winston. B-)

I'd rather stay in the 2nd & go OG.

672133[/snapback]

For what it is worth, he would have been a top ten pick if he had come out last year. He got hurt and is now fully recovered.

I would not be disappointed with either Mangold or Winston. I just hope that they do NOT give up our first round pick next year for any pick so late in this year's draft.

For what it is worth, he would have been a top ten pick if he had come out last year.  He got hurt and is now fully recovered.

I would not be disappointed with either Mangold or Winston.  I just hope that they do NOT give up our first round pick next year for any pick so late in this year's draft.

672166[/snapback]

Nevertheless, he still reminds me of John Fina, & I don't want him. B-):huh:

If I remember right, trading from the bottom third of the first to the top third of the second seemed to net the New York Jets Doug Jolley last year. Which means we need to give up an overrated/yet unproven tight end. Which means that we're trading Everett. Which means that we're drafting Vernon Davis!!! WOHOOO!!!

I gotta stop free-associating.

why?

672100[/snapback]

The name: John McCargo

reason: The Bills won't be forced to take a Defensive Tackle with the 8th pick.

The Bills don't like Bunkley because of character issues and Ngata isn't the type of DT the Bills want in their new scheme. John McCargo on the other hand would be a perfect, PERFECT fit in the Bills new scheme.

B-)

Go for it

Send our #2 and second #3 Trade Value chart 705 points to the Bears for # 26 (700 points) makes sense, especially if its for someone they have targeted. I just hope Ralph can afford all these first round signing bonuses...he might have to sell another Monet.

Go for it

Send our #2 and second #3  Trade Value chart 705 points to the Bears for # 26 (700 points) makes sense, especially if its for someone they have targeted.  I just hope Ralph can afford all these first round signing bonuses...he might have to sell another Monet.

672212[/snapback]

Maybe it is to make sure we get Davin Joseph after all... I just know someone is going to snag him right in front of us in the 2nd.

The name:  John McCargo

reason: The Bills won't be forced to take a Defensive Tackle with the 8th pick.

The Bills don't like Bunkley because of character issues and Ngata isn't the type of DT the Bills want in their new scheme.  John McCargo on the other hand would be a perfect, PERFECT fit in the Bills new scheme.

B-)

672210[/snapback]

you are correct sir

I dig McCargo...but I think he'll definitely be there in the 2nd round by the time we pick, cant really see us trading up for him.

672259[/snapback]

If we want to assure ourselves of getting McCargo we will deal up for him because the Lions picking ahead of us in the second round might also be looking at him since they too will be switching over to a Cover 2 under Rod Maranelli.

B-)